Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? (14457 Views)

Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos / How To Access A Loan From A Microfinance Bank? / List Of Microfinance Banks That Give Loans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by olivetree: 9:23am On Mar 02, 2009
Can someone pls tell me the requirements for starting a microfinance bank, or perhaps give me a link to where i can get all the details.

Thanks
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by kufreabasi(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2009
what really interest you to ask this question?
what are your qualufications that will prompt you to this?
Is it your dream?
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by 8oracle(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
olivetree:

Can someone pls tell me the requirements for starting a microfinance bank, or perhaps give me a link to where i can get all the details.

Thanks

Mid night hallucination in your head, check into a nearby headshrinker in your neigbhorhood.
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by lucabrasi(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2009
iknow that you have to be a multi millionaire,thats for sure,and i know that every micro finance bank in nigeria are required to have a minimum reserve of 20million so if you have 20million cold hard cash,then think of the required lincenses,securing a befitting building lease in a nice location,staff cars,qualified staffs e.t.c
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by Outstrip(f): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
Thank you Lucrabasi for answering the man's question
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by 8oracle(m): 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
Outstrip:

Olivetree idea of a past time is to chew bubble gum under alakpere t junction, all places to ask of idea and link of starting a microfinance bank becomes nairaland, good raddiance to Seun Osewa for bringing all manner of moltley crews.

Olivetree pls meet me at Ojuelegba bus stop, my grand-daughter will take you to Prof Chukwuma Soludo who lives at 1017 ijeshatedo bld, Sokoto
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by Outstrip(f): 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2009
8oracle I don't see your point. Every business idea starts somewhere. This might be the beginning of research that will be implemented 10 years from now. You just do not know. Nairaland might not be the best place (in your opinion) but Lucrabasi had an answer. Maybe the poster will now decide that that was not really want he was going for or maybe that might take him to the next level in his strategy of achieving his goal. Abeg chill.
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by lucabrasi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
8oracle:

Olivetree idea of a past time is to chew bubble gum under alakpere t junction, all places to ask of idea and link of starting a microfinance bank becomes nairaland, good raddiance to Seun Osewa for bringing all manner of moltley crews.

Olivetree pls meet me at Ojuelegba bus stop, my grand-daughter will take you to Prof Chukwuma Soludo who lives at 1017 ijeshatedo bld, Sokoto
lets desist from these kinds of dream killing nigerian attitudes,this is what the western world dont have ehnce the reason we see sliced bread,kfc chicken e.t.c you dont have any iota of idea who the guy is,for all you know he might be a ble to afford the bills remember we are all anonymous here,the idea the guy has is actually a laudable one,i hope you realise that the man that started the whole idea of micro finance bank the indian man mohammad yunus started with about 20/25 poor village women giving them each less than 50 dollars.
Outstrip:

you r welcome
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by stanloski(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2009
please go to canbank.org the official CBN website, there u will find the regulatory and supervisory guidelines for microfinance banks in Nigeria and the microfinance policy available for download. ALL your questions will be answered by the documents
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by shankarshi: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2009
Hi olive Tree!

You might want to have a look at www.intellecash.com which provides end-to-end microfinance business solutions package for start up MFIs in India and Africa.

Regards,

Shiv
Re: What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? by tck2000(m): 9:22am On May 31, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named / Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands / Banks’ Profits Rise Despite Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.