Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section (501 Views)

Scammers Everywhere!!!! Even On Nairaland In The Name Of Friend / Room Available For Sub-let In A 2-bedroom Flat ( Surulere) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by kay29000(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2015
I think it would be cool for us to share experience of our encounters with scammers in this section; this will help cut down their success rate with people.

I have a post on hooking girls up with guys which I started some time last year, and which has gotten fairly popular, and has been seen by people who don't even use Nairaland, so I get a large number of girls contacting me monthly One thing I have noticed is the large number of girls (or maybe guys pretending to be girls) from Osun state. I always wonder why they keep adding me, since I have told them that I can only hook up girls in Lagos. But it is all a format.

They would ask for a serious relationship, and say they do visit Lagos every once in a while. After a couple of days, or a couple of weeks of chatting, and getting you to trust and like them, and get really into them, they would say they are ready to visit you in Lagos (they might have started sexchat at that point to get you really enticed), and that they need transport money to come down. Once you pay into their account. They delete you on bbm, and move on to the next one.

If they don't say they are from Osun, they might say they live somewhere on the outskirts of Lagos, like Abule Egba or Ikorodu...all is just to get you to send transport money at some point. And also to send recharge card every now and then. But you will never see them.

Please, share your own experience
Re: Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by INTROVERT(f): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2015
grin
Re: Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by kay29000(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2015
INTROVERT:
grin

Nah! You definitely have to be a virus or something. How in the hell did you comment on my post 2 seconds after I posted it?
Re: Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by donholy28(m): 8:29am On Jun 29, 2015
kay29000:

Nah! You definitely have to be a virus or something. How in the hell did you comment on my post 2 seconds after I posted it?
she is the epitome of joblessness

2 Likes

Re: Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by kay29000(m): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2015
donholy28:
she is the epitome of joblessness

lol!
Re: Lets Share Experience About Scammers On This Sub-section by Rocktation(f): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2015
@OP; I think that's what has been going on for a while here;
https://www.nairaland.com/209626/scam-alert-pls-take-note

(1)

Which Dating Site/app Is The Best For Nigerians? / Beach Party invitation / In Search Of A Reliable Partner..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.