Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money (34715 Views)

5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / 5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by israelBigFame(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
What of Olosho ? I spend my hard earned money on ashawo
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by bettercreature(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
This OP seriously need a job,abi na your business person dey spend his/her money anyhow ?
and you fail to realise everybody has his/her own way of wasting money and derive lot of joy from it
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by nairabetguru(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
Salex007:
GAMBLING

sports trading sounds betta wink
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by nairabetguru(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
israelBigFame:
What of Olosho ? I spend my hard earned money on ashawo

u need serrious deliverance

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Bode2: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
buying things without thinking twice. It's good to delay instant gratifications

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Uyi168: 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
nairabetting; bet9ja nd all d bettings one can think of
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by lukmoncity(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
loosing money to scammers on the internet...very disgusting shocked
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by murtalaa(m): 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
11. Pilgrimage

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by CallPolice: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Loving this..
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by pat077: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buying an iphone6 when u dont even have an email Address.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by okonja(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
samintegrity:

Boss its even 4.5gb for lesser that price grin
Am talking of 24/7 plan not a night plan that comes with 50% bonus that can be used during the day... :-/
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by NovusHomo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
Merlissa:
14. Giving money to friends and family who never pay back

15. showing off to impress a girl or a guy

16. buying gadgets that is not needed

17. add more

17. Family

18. Family

19. Family

20. Family.
Bunch of lazy ingrates. They think you must "help" them. You have your life mapped out, one wife, two children, two cars, a little bungalow because you know how to be a husband, father, provider, and protector. They know nothing about planning, be it family, finance, or even the future. Two or three wives, mistresses on the side, six children in the home and God knows how many more out of the home. So they expect you to send their children to school, that is if the poor bastards do not move into your house to inconvenience your own children. E don tire person.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
YouthsPC0:
There are several ways Nigerians loose money on a daily basis , while some are unavoidable others are ,below is a list of the top ten ways Nigerian loose money and why

1.Unnecessary Parties

It is estimated that Lagosian's spend close to 40 billion naira annually on parties alone .

Most analyst have argued that most of these parties are completely unnecessary and most times do not add value to either the host or the guests.

2. Insisting on Designers, Labels, and Brands

From groceries to clothing to prescription drugs, you can save money by choosing an off-brand over a fancy label. And in many cases, you won't sacrifice much in quality. Clever advertising and fancy packaging don't make brand-name products better than lesser-known brands.

For example, generic drugs can cost as much as 80% less than their brand-name alternatives.

3. Shopping at the wrong store

If you are Particular about price then don't just walk into any store , a Bottle of drink at MM2 will cost you almost thrice the amount you buy it at your neighborhood fast food outlet , a supermarket in victoria Island will not sell Gala at the price you get it in Oshodi

4. Paying for "ashoebi" you may Never wear again,

Today, almost all weddings, burials,Birthdays and even naming ceremonies now have a uniforms which organizers use in adding color and or liquidating their guests ! This is one of the Biggest drain pipes in most low income Families who can hardly afford three square meals but are willing to mortgage their 5 months salary for a 2 hours programme!

5. Maintaining a Fleet of Cars

Most people keep a fleet of car to show the world they have arrived , However they fail to realize that their cars start diminishing in value the moment they drove out of the show room . The Insurance ,licensing , and maintenance is an unnecessary expense for a vehicle you drive once in a month!

6. Multiple Girlfriends or Sugar Boys.

Women are wonderful creatures, history is replete with men who died because of women only to have those women become concubines of the men who killed their lovers .

A Man with a retinue of girlfriends will have to Buy Credit for Shade , change wardrobe for Ngozi and pay house rent for Fatima all these add up to keep the young mans account in perpetual red !

In the same vein women are reinventing slavery but this time on a different dimension, they have mastered the act of keeping "Bingos" whose only duty is allegiance to the Bosom of a woman old enough to be their mothers .

One peculiar thing about these "bingos" is the Fact that they have taste as such keeping many "Bingos" sometimes leave a tsunami effect on the bank account !

7. Leaving Your Money in a Low-Interest Account

If you're stashing your cash in a traditional savings account earning next to nothing, you're wasting it. Make sure you're getting the best return on your money. Fix any money you don't need and earn good returns from your bank instead of paying account management fees to a bank which charges you for using your money.

8. Not Pulling the Plug on Electronics

If you use a prepaid meter this is one of the reasons your credits develop wings.

Electronics that have a clock or operate by remote are typical culprits. The obvious way to pull the plug on your energy vampires is to do just that -- pull the plug. Or buy a device to do it for you, such as a Smart Strip Power Strip which will stop drawing electricity when the gadgets are turned off and pay for itself within a few months.

9. Buying at the Wrong time !

This mistake could some times have devastating effect Its is dangerous to Buy a Land or House during dry season because the area might be prune to floods or the Land could be waterlogged .

Building during raining season on the other hand also has some advantages

1. Cost of Building materials especially cement falls

2.Molding Blocks and water supply for concretes works could be made easier especially for those in arid areas

10. Borrower !

Pls Borrow me =N= 500,000 I have a business deal I must close tonight?

Many people have lost millions and made great and wicked enemies just because they choosed to help.

The wisdom here is never lend out an amount you are not willing to forget!

Any business that is too good to be true is too Good to be legal!

http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2015/06/top-ten-foolish-ways-nigerians-loose.html

CC : lalasticlala

Nonsense if giving your money to flashy pastors is not on the list.

Very few things are more foolish than that.
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Sholyzee: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
maybe Dats Y Mr ebuka is always broke. angry
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by wonlasewonimi: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
Paying inspiredm for a car which is allergic to Cargo/shipping
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buying a tablet when you have a 4.5 inch android.
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Enrythesis(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
gambling
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by tosyne2much(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
A brilliant write-up

Thumbs up OP cool
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
yomi007k:

Bros na "till day break" u dey do with dem ashys?
Ashy no expensive nau, their price has been relatively constant.

well it depends on d type of ashi, i pay
an average of 5 to 7k , per fvck. and im just a student, tell me, if i Bleep 4 ashis every week, thats 20k per week, bruv, thats expensive, how much be my pocket money?

if u can afford it, fucking olosho no expensive, but as i dey nw hen, na my girlfriend i go dey manage oo, if not for the fact that i like to explore and Bleep multiple pvssys,

i just pray not to kill her with konji
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by mandis3: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
playing nairabet and pool e dey chop money big time ........[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by jericco1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
saving.
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by AdeniyiA(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
okonja:
18) Buying MTN data of 1GB for N3500 from MTN directly while you can as well get 3GB worth of MTN data from me at that same amount... cool
i gbadun your strategy dieee ...! grin
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by mrdino(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
11. Gambling , e.g naira bet.
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by ajepako(f): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
You forgot:

Making several attempts to travel abroad and getting denied many times or getting deported after spending huge sum of money on failed trip

That is one of the biggest money-waster..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by StreamerBlogger: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Baba of all PLAYING BET9JA
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by nceedaga(m): 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
u hv forgotten d most important zapper of cash BETTING.
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by okonja(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
AdeniyiA:

i gbadun your strategy dieee ...! grin

Abi na.....don't just work hard but think smart... wink
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by justmenoni: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Do u hv 100gb or unlimited GB plans?

quote author=okonja post=35278329] 18) Buying MTN data of 1GB for N3500 from MTN directly while you can as well get 3GB worth of MTN data from me at that same amount... cool[/quote]
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by AdeniyiA(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
okonja:

Abi na.....don't just work hard but think smart... wink
but this your name i no understand o, you mean your 'rod' dey cut puepue?
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Excessive and unreasonable bettings
Re: Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money by okonja(m): 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
justmenoni:
Do u hv 100gb or unlimited GB plans?

quote author=okonja post=35278329] 18) Buying MTN data of 1GB for N3500 from MTN directly while you can as well get 3GB worth of MTN data from me at that same amount... cool

This is no tweak or cheat....this is a legal deal...and if you check my thread via my signature, you would understand more. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema / Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.