Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council (1571 Views)

Buhari Inaugurates His Economic Adviser, Dipeolu, Others Photo / Buhari Inaugurates BOT Niger-Delta Cleanup (photo) / Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Sharksblow(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday inaugurated the National Economic Council led by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The council, which has the 36 state governors and the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria as members, is saddled with the responsibility of advising the President on economic affairs of the country.

Buhari tasked members to come up with ways of liquidating outstanding salaries and wages across the country.

He restated his administration’s commitment to tackling insecurity, corruption and other social vices.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-inaugurates-national-economic-council/
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Flets: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
I dont really get this. ..... 36 govs and.CBN president only?

What are they supposed to advise? ..... that the NLNG funds, ECA and SWF be shared?

What economic advise could come from lazy governors who.cannot generate simple IGF for their states?

What happened to technocrats who have been successful in their individual endeavours?

Are we headed forward or backward with this govt?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Sharksblow(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Flets:

I think that council should consist of people from each state in Nigeria since its a national economic council. the decision to make the governors however is somehow.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Flets: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sharksblow:

I think that council should consist of people from each state in Nigeria since its a national economic council. the decision to make the governors however is somehow.

Of all Nigerians to choose for economic advise, he chose the parasitic allocation seeking dumbheads to pilot the affairs of an already struggling economy.

This is a shame.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by SaintEddie: 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
So is it the Economic Council Team that adviced him to strengthen the dollar against the naira by uplifting the ban on importation of textiles? How then will the local textile industries grow? that decision was wrong and its aimed at favouring some one or a group of persons. I learnt 240 trucks loaded with textile were already at the border less than 24 hours after the ban was lifted. (that is corruption).
2. An Economic team that comprised of 36 governors to be headed by ur vice? Hmmmmmmm! this reminds me of what happened in OBJ's first tenure when he saddled the affairs of Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) to the vice president and Atiku used that as a tool to fight him.

This one things are fallen apart between Jagaban and PMB, I just hope this move won't count against PMB in a near fire o.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by SaintEddie: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Flets:

What are they supposed to advise? ..... that the NLNG funds, ECA and SWF be shared?

What economic advise could come from lazy governors who.cannot generate simple IGF for their states?

What happened to technocrats who have been successful in their individual endeavours?

Same questions on my mind shaa
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
Now the whole can see this man is senile!

Economic teams the world over are headed by economists,entrepreneurs and scholars with only one interest at heart boosting/growing the economy.

Where are all those myopic illiterates shouting change?

From biggest economy to zero all in less than 40 days!

What a shame!
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Sharksblow(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
Flets:

Of all Nigerians to choose for economic advise, he chose the parasitic allocation seeking dumbheads to pilot the affairs of an already struggling economy.

This is a shame.
all of them will always cover their tracks and present fake reports all the time.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by henrysam(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Don't we have technocrats again in this country.
Why is baba chosing these abuja beggars as member of economic council.
People that said this man does not have direction might not be far from truth if we look at it very well.
Naija is in for it,
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Ephemmm: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

Economic teams the world over are headed by economists,entrepreneurs and scholars with only one interest at heart boosting/growing the economy.

What a shame!

The way a lazy-minded people like you who refuse to do a simple research despite being in a technological globe reasons sometimes is so astonishing. Even if your preferred candidate looses in the last presidential election, it is not an indication that you must be reason through anus: this is democracy and the will of people must prevail. For your information, this certificate less shepherd will rule Nigeria till 2019, unless God say otherwise.

Have you asked yourself how this body is being constituted prior to this administration. Just like Osinbajo, this is the position GEJ has headed when he was acting as VP to Yaradua coupled with the presence of all the state governors from each states of federation. Minister of finance, Governor of Central bank, etc are also members.

click on http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Yar_Adua_Inaugurates_National_Economic_Council_To_draw_Up_7_point_roadmap.htm

It is quite glaring that your senility is second to none, without any atom of doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

What a shame!
See how you just made a fool of yourself, just open mouth talk nonsense
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

The way a lazy-minded people like you who refuse to do a simple research despite being in a technological globe reasons sometimes is so astonishing. Even if your preferred candidate looses in the last presidential election, it is not an indication that you must be reason through anus: this is democracy and the will of people must prevail. For your information, this certificate less shepherd will rule Nigeria till 2019, unless God say otherwise.

Have you asked yourself how this body is being constituted prior to this administration. Just like Osinbajo, this is the position GEJ has headed when he was acting as VP to Yaradua coupled with the presence of all the state governors from each states of federation. Minister of finance, Governor of Central bank, etc are also members.

click on http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Yar_Adua_Inaugurates_National_Economic_Council_To_draw_Up_7_point_roadmap.htm

It is quite glaring that your senility is second to none, without any atom of doubt.

The problem with morbid ding bats like you is too much information but no insight.
So you are aware "others" as I earlier listed are part of any economic team.
The question that begs for an answer is why are you quoting me if you are not daft to realise the same "others" you mentioned are missing in the deranged senile dullard's committee?
Dont quote me again with your unintelligible gibberish routine.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by doublewisdom: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari has goofed again.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
IyaIode:

See how you just made a fool of yourself, just open mouth talk nonsense

Who is this nonentity?

The subject of discuss is obviously above your intellectual prowess so take a hike off my mentions.

Simple minded dumbleton trying to play up!
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Ephemmm: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

The problem with morbid ding bats like you is too much information but no insight.
So you are aware "others" as I earlier listed are part of any economic team.
The question that begs for an answer is why are you quoting me if you are not daft to realise the same "others" you mentioned are missing in the deranged senile dullard's committee?
Dont quote me again with your unintelligible gibberish routine.

Your brain and eyes needs to be scanned and laminated for your inability to neither comprehend nor see as 'others' you asked for were mentioned in the article obviously.

Why can't you stop behaving like a sexually starved dog for once?
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by doctokwus: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

What a shame!
Do u agree now that u have no iota of sense.
Even as dull as GEJ is,he was still allowed by law to chair d economic council when he was VP. Atiku,Sambo also chaired d same body because they were constitutionally so assigned.
When people like u allow hatred to becloud your senses,its d kind of disgraceful rubbish above u end up typing.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by sammyj: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good development especially when a team of this nature is headed by our humble brilliant Prof Osinbajo. Tanoids haters will fill like asking the ground to open and sallow them. Since our intelligent President decided to make a mere commission as speculated by Tanoids to head one of the most important team in Nigeria. Haters should go and hug live transformer !!! cool cheesy grin grin
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

Your brain and eyes needs to be scanned and laminated for your inability to neither comprehend nor see as 'others' you asked for were mentioned in the article obviously.

Why can't you stop behaving like a sexually starved dog for once?

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday inaugurated
the National Economic Council led by Vice President
Yemi Osinbajo.
The council, which has the 36 state governors and the
Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria as members, is
saddled with the responsibility of advising the President
on economic affairs of the country.

Where are the
Entrepreneurs?
Economists?
Industry leaders?

We can now see who is blind and needs urgent eye surgery.
I can't understand your frustration or foolishness and the truth is I don't even care to.
Just go get some sense and BUZZ OFF my mentions.
I am in no mood to have any form of discuss with a blind blockhead.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

Who is this nonentity?

The subject of discuss is obviously above your intellectual prowess so take a hike off my mentions.

Simple minded dumbleton trying to play up!
ignorant fella
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by CallPolice: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Ephemmm: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday inaugurated
the National Economic Council led by Vice President
Yemi Osinbajo.
The council, which has the 36 state governors and the
Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria as members, is
saddled with the responsibility of advising the President
on economic affairs of the country.

Where are the
Entrepreneurs?
Economists?
Industry leaders?

I can't understand your frustration or foolishness and the truth is I don't even care to.
Just go get some sense and BUZZ OFF my mentions.
I am in no mood to have any form of discuss with a blind blockhead.

How many entrepreneurs, economist, industrial leaders have been included in the past administrations if I may ask? You could have done us a favour by publishing their names. This is a body which is constituted statutorily and not in accordance with individual whims and caprices. From this thread, you can see who will be serving in advisory capacity to the body - http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-president-buhari-to-inaugurate-national-economic-council-today.113743/

I know the hatred and tribalism you possess will no doubt affect your sense of reasoning: not surprised at all.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Sharksblow(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by CallPolice: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Don't know how your guys think. Most times hate don't allow people think...

Was it not the governors that directly deal with people of their respective states. Even if he has not appointed a minister yet. this is a welcome development as more people will be welcomed in the councils. Beside those governors has economy advisers too.

Flets:

Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

How many entrepreneurs, economist, industrial leaders have been included in the past administrations if I may ask? You could have done us a favour by publishing their names. This is a body which is constituted statutorily and not in accordance with individual whims and caprices. From this thread, you can see who will be serving in advisory capacity to the body - http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-president-buhari-to-inaugurate-national-economic-council-today.113743/

I know the hatred and tribalism you possess will no doubt affect your sense of reasoning: not surprised at all.

Your first sentence gave you away as to what you are- A NONENTITY.
If you want to know members of past economic teams ask your parents or put your data to use.
This conversation is over,I dont waste valuable time on irrelevant education for children breed of hate and contempt.
When you have something genuinely smart to say quote but till that century.........
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by Ephemmm: 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:

Your first sentence gave you away as to what you are- A NONENTITY.
If you want to know members of past economic teams ask your parents or put your data to use.
This conversation is over,I dont waste valuable time on irrelevant education for children breed of hate and contempt.
When you have something genuinely smart to say quote but till that century.........

Your type is typical example of those suffering from intellectual myopic and infinitestimality of brain. Simple research, you can't do: we give you fact, you are here barking like a condom-burst-product of a pig. When will you stop reasoning through your anus?

Even if you were born mistakenly, you are still human: you have brain; make use of it please.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by laidian(m): 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
OMG! What is this country turning into with lazy brains everywhere? Well, we only need to do a great good by informing that NEC is a constitutionally recognised federal executive body and thus spelt it composition in 3rd Schedule of the 1999 Const.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by mensdept: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
tswitch:
What a shame!

This is what happens when you elect and support a coup plotter from the 1970s and 80s, who had risen because he and his mates took over power time and time again. Those who took power in summer 1966 still rule this country and thats why there cannot be change. Instead of Nigerians to use their stupid brains to see that, they are so colonized and militarized that they accept the joke.

Its simple to deceive people, but to try to tell them and convince them of their deceit, it go hard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council by tswitch: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ephemmm:

Your type is typical example of those suffering from intellectual myopic and infinitestimality of brain. Simple research, you can't do: we give you fact, you are here barking like a condom-burst-product of a pig. When will you stop reasoning through your anus?

Even if you were born mistakenly, you are still human: you have brain; make use of it please.

This louse trying to justify his mistakes again?
Keep up your stupidity,its in you!

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of President Buhari Before And After, certificate included. / You Are A Distinguished Senator With An Undistinguished Election Result / Throwback: Here’s What Buhari’s Spokesman Wrote About Saraki In 2013 [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.