Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game (3184 Views)

Nigerian Gay Couple Go Shopping In Delta (photos) / Nigerian Gay Activist Bisi Alimi and Husband-to-be Vacation In Venice / Nigerian Gay Man Getting Married(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game by Ugochukwu45: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
The social media was quite busy over the weekend with the story of Kenny Badmus, the Nigerian young man that lives in the US. He fled from the threatening arms of the law as he had publicly declared to be gay.

Kenny took on Nigerians in a post on his face book wall where he implored the gods of the land he now abhours to open the eyes of Nigerians to accept that man marrying a man or woman marrying a woman is alright.

“May the god of iron, ogunlakaaye, the god of chickenpox, sonponna , and the god of thunder, sango, open your eyes to know that marriage as defined by an average Nigerian today is a foreign idea.” He wrote.

Kenny had admitted to have begun his sexual escapades with women at 12 years of age. From then it was a smooth ride from one woman to another until he got married to a lady he spoke so much about at some point. He claimed that the lady literally imposed herself on him.

“One of those pre-marriage days, while we were with our marriage counseling team, I brought up the issue again – that I had always had a preference for men. I wanted the Ministers to dissuade her from the marriage. I just couldn’t put a ring on a fat big lie. My father taught me one principle: DIE FOR YOUR OWN TRUTH, EVEN IF IT'S UNPOPULAR, BUT DON'T HARM OTHERS WITH IT. She was so happy to tell the ministers, as quickly as she could, that my feelings for men would all be gone, because she believed it was a childhood disorder. I guess she meant she was going to Bleep my brains into heterosexuality.” He wrote.

But before the marriage talks and perhaps, before he discovered his HIV status, his perceived attraction for men wasn’t much of a problem that could alter Kenny’s life. Will it be right to assume that the need to secure better medical attention void of stigmatization in the US could have fuelled the open declaration of his “gayness”?

The second aspect that only Kenny could clear is why he did not disclose his HIV status to the lady before discussing marriage with her. Kenny had at some points painted the lady in bad light, suggesting she wanted to destroy him. But what the young man refused to do was admit any responsibility for how his life turned out. If a woman finds out that the man she had lived with in the name of love for six years was HIV positive without her knowledge, the beast in that angel will scream for revenge.

I am aware that Kenny’s ex-wife in now dead but I am not sure of the cause.
Was it as a result of complications from the Human Immunodeficiency Virus? Or a Collapse of her being triggered by the trauma inflicted on her by the man she once loved?

No one will really bother Kenny Badmus and his “new found love” for sex with men if he will appreciate that Nigerians are a people with affiliation to cultural beliefs. On his face book wall, he referred to those who liken the US to Sodom and Gomorrah as “bunch of hypocrites who cannot call on God to take our nation out of pitch darkness since 1960”.

Many Nigerians will not hesitate to inform Kenny that there are varieties of darkness. When ones vision is blurred to the point of no sight at all, that is darkness. When another’s mind is thickened beyond reason and comprehension, this is darkness too. It is now a question of realm.

Nigeria may still be far from where it could be based on the enormous resources at its disposal but still closer to nature where a woman is molded and curved to stimulate the senses of a man. Our minds are not yet invaded by darkness to the extent that absurdity will become attractive celebrated.

http://www.homelandnewsng.com/opinion/nigerian-gay-kenny-badmus-and-hide-and-seek-game

Re: Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hmmm

Re: Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game by ZeezaRapture(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Another candidate of HELL!!! angry

Z.R
Re: Nigerian Gay, Kenny Badmus And The "Hide And Seek" Game by Awesomeking: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Honestly for me.i am totally straight but i have no problem with gay people,its their life,their ass,if i see one,i try to talk him ouut of it,if he refuses,no problem,.doesnt change that its a bad thing though and i wont advice anyone to do it,but if they do,who am i to stop em,i am straight but i support gay rights

"we might not be the same,but thats not important,no freedom till we are equal,damn right i support it"" smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Secondary School Boy Surprises His Gf On Her Birthday With Gifts & Gets A Kiss / Weather Forecast In Major Cities In Nigeria. (photos) / Jupeb Exam Isn’t Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.