Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? (2599 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) / Presidency Abolishes Office Of First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by Slynonny(m): 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
This Post is overrated.
Mr Mouth Action's noise about fighting corruption is equally overrated.
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by Bollove: 3:23am On Jun 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

When you say state(Kwara), I agree with you! But geopolitical zone(Kogi, Benue, Niger, Taraba, Nasarrawa,) Saraki hasn't cut it!
Saraki doesn't have expansionist agenda neither was his father. All Saraki has as a Godfather was Kwara State and the Influence he Wade in Kwara state is the same interest Tinubu Wade in Lagos.

It is not as if Tinubu control other states in the Southwest of Nigeria nor impose candidate on SW all Tinubu does was to sponsor people's preferred candidate in a state .... Saraki control Kwara and has much power and influence in Federal Government than Tinubu(who just enter Federal scene since his political career) and that is what is playing now.

Yes, Bukola has Kwara alone and He is more powerful than Tinubu.
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by dustmalik: 3:58am On Jun 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu, i'm glad you ignored all the miscreants that have been posting rubbish on this thread. By the way, Ken Nnamani was the best SP Nigeria ever had. that man is a true democrat. wish he would join APC, and somehow, find a way to rekindle his political career.
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by hedonistic: 4:21am On Jun 30, 2015
A lot depends on the force of personality of the individual occupying the office, and same applies to most other political offices. David Mark was arguably more influential than Sambo in the last dispensation... Just as Atiku, as Vice President, made the office look somewhat as powerful and glamorous as that of the president itself. Even now, he still makes the status of 'former vice president' look larger than life.

An ambitious political gladiator like Bukola would certainly wield enormous influence as Senate President.
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 30, 2015
If the office is over rated, then why is the clueless APC so worked up about Saraki?
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
lalasticlala, I opened this thread for a while, yet i dont what you are waiting for!
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by Happiness87(f): 11:10am On Sep 17, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala, I opened this thread for a while, yet i dont what you are waiting for!
hahaha, see depression, still struggling for relevance

hahaha hahaha, you are very disgusting and disgraceful

find a thread showing Gej stealing, you may get to front page.

hahaha silly girl, tell liar Mohammed that you are resigning because this job no de pay, your frustration is loading
Re: Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? by Akanbiedu(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
The senate presidents' position is overrated for the wrong reasons.

A lot of the powers the senate president had in the PDP setting was derived from "you rub my back, I rub yours" between the senators and the executive. So when the executive does something clearly wrong, the senate merely negotiates its interest and carry on as if nothing happened.
Many senators fight to get into "juicy" committees for the same reason. The committees that are supposed to check the excesses of MDAs simply collect kickbacks.

With Buhari in power, who I believe is not interested in material gains, I expect the SP powers to be greatly reduced. I am optimistic, this is going to happen accross board down to committee chairmanship positions. The juice is going to be reduced or removed, and at such the dirty fight for position will subside as time goes on. I even expect that appointments will be attractive only to those who have something to offer as its not going to be business as usual.

Even If Saraki survives the latest onslaught, a time will come he's gonna ask himself, why did he even bother himself so much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Eid Prayers Disrupted In Ilorin As Senate President Bukola Saraki / Is Jega Dead? / Meet The Parents Of Kano Girl Rahma Haruna, Born With No Functional Limbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.