Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,015 members, 7,852,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:44 PM

Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. (761 Views)

Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons / Injured Super Falcons Defender Onome Who Had Surgery Steps Out In Style(pics) / John Ene Okon Dies (ex-player) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
[b]Super Falcons Coach Okon Replaced.

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have replaced Edwin Okon with Christopher Danjuma as the new coach of the country’s women’s team, the Super Falcons.
Rivers Angels coach Okon led the team to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, where the team failed to progress beyond the first round despite the quality in the team.
Nigeria target Sweden coach for Falcons
According to head of NFF technical committee, Felix Anyansi-Agwu, Danjuma will be in charge of the team in interim capacity until a coach is appointed to fully take charge.
His immediate task will be next month’s 2016 Rio Olympics qualifier against Equatorial Guinea.
The Falcons welcome Equatorial Guinea to Port Harcourt on July 18.
Danjuma led Nasarawa Amazons to emerge 2013 Nigeria Women's League champions defeating Edwin Okon's Rivers Angels on penalties.
He assisted Edwin Okon in Falcons to win the African Women’s Championship in 2014 in Namibia.
He also coached Plateau United before he joined Nasarawa Amazons.[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/541430/Super-Falcons-coach-Okon-replaced
CC: semid4lyfe, honeric01

Re: Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. by terzurum5(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Le me arrange ma dancing shoes welle welle make I dance jugudu dance cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Just hope this one is not jumping from frying pan to faya.
NFF on the firing mission, all the national team coaches must sit up.

1 Like

Re: Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
terzurum5:
Le me arrange ma dancing shoes welle welle make I dance jugudu dance cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Just hope this one is not jumping from frying pan to faya.
NFF on the firing mission, all the national team coaches must sit up.
Rejoicing at another fellows down fall? How has that put food on your table? How are you sure the newly appointed manager will perform better than the sacked?
How deep is his technical and tactical know how about the game and what are his achievements at the domestic and international scene?
Re: Super Falcons Coach, Edwin Okon Sacked. by terzurum5(m): 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Rejoicing at another fellows down fall? How has that put food on your table? How are you sure the newly appointed manager will perform better than the sacked?
How deep is his technical and tactical know how about the game and what are his achievements at the domestic and international scene?
I am rejoicing not because of somebody's down fall but that there is a possibility for fresh air
and prospects of better performance for our Super Falcons.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wwe Battleground (Results) Undertaker returns!! / Sure Betting / The Greatest Players Ever In Terms Of Their Mastered Fields.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.