Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Where Are The Neutral Critics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Neutral Critics? (1658 Views)

Critics Failed To Create Enmity Between Buhari, Osinbajo – Tinubu / We The Neutral Igbos Await The Instructions And Advise Feom Oba Akiolu / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Neutral Critics? by ebamma(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
All this while I have been snooping around this section, I hardly see people who are neutral in their criticism of either Jonathan or Buhari,
The Apc guys support their own and the PDP guys also support their own,
All of a sudden Saraki is now a saint,
When we all know that the man is a crook,
Tinubu is corrupt we all know,
But to the paid agents, he is Nigeria 's answer to Nelson Mandela,
Buhari can do no wrong to the Apc paid agents,
But even a picture of him in his farm, confirms his status as the dullard to PDP paid agents,
I was once there,
Calling Buhari a dullard won't change nothing,
Its just for the nl likes,
The social media is where we could have made our feelings known to our politicians, but that has been hijacked by paid agents of both political parties,

If there is one guy here who could have played the neutral critic part very well, It could have been Barcanista,
That's why I was so disappointed in his apology to PDP paid agents, after he wrote that Tinubu vs Saraki article,

This political parties(PDP and Apc) put us where we are today,
The PDP at the national level and the Apc in many states,
We all know that we deserve better than this,
Being a neutral might not get you nl likes,
But nl likes wont put food on your table, neither will it make our electricity stable,
Neither will it build schools for those villages who hasn't seen any,
Or create jobs for our graduates,
I know as Nigerians we love being for or against,
We hate being the neutral man,
But truth is the neutral man is the only man that sees the faults in both parties and tells it as it is,
Be a neutral man today.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
they are on vacation
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Present sir
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by ebamma(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Freemanan:
Present sir
OK boss, Even me na today I buy the form,
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
ebamma:
OK boss,
Even me na today I buy the form,
Welcome to the club
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by ebamma(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
We have to start putting this Apc and PDP puppets where the belong

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by ebamma(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Freemanan:
Welcome to the club
OK
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well said.
I personally want to be more objective than partisan, but with this new govt, that will take time and a level of foot hold.

It is sad that it is what we have reduced NL to.
One way or another, we all played a part.
I have reduced my activity on here in a bid to remedy that.
But then again, isn't that what politics in the mainstream is all about?
It's merely rubbing off on us.

Look at the emboldened above, if I had seen 3 or 4 posts like that, I prolly wouldn't have been where i am now.
I first adopted PDP out of sentiments, and then later realized, it's where I wanna be.

I was thinking in these lines yesterday when I posted this. After all is said and done, I realize, that even when I was carrying the banner of neutrality or near indifference on here, I've always chosen PDP....without realizing how far reaching that was.

But that said, I will try to do objective politics and see how far I can go.

I have noticed a pattern though...
On NL, you are only termed "objective" when you say stuff that soothes the ears of APC folks.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Enoquin(f): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
There are neutrals. They just dont comment all the time and do not have the time and energy for e-fights
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by ObinnaIzuora: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
ebamma:
All this while I have been snooping around this section, I hardly see people who are neutral in their criticism of either Jonathan or Buhari,
The Apc guys support their own and the PDP guys also support their own,
All of a sudden Saraki is now a saint,
When we all know that the man is a crook,
Tinubu is corrupt we all know,
But to the paid agents, he is Nigeria 's answer to Nelson Mandela,
Buhari can do no wrong to the Apc paid agents,
But even a picture of him in his farm, confirms his status as the dullard to PDP paid agents,
I was once there,
Calling Buhari a dullard won't change nothing,
Its just for the nl likes,
The social media is where we could have made our feelings known to our politicians, but that has been hijacked by paid agents of both political parties,

If there is one guy here who could have played the neutral critic part very well, It could have been Barcanista,
That's why I was so disappointed in his apology to PDP paid agents, after he wrote that Tinubu vs Saraki article,

This political parties(PDP and Apc) put us where we are today,
The PDP at the national level and the Apc in many states,
We all know that we deserve better than this,
Being a neutral might not get you nl likes,
But nl likes wont put food on your table, neither will it make our electricity stable,
Neither will it build schools for those villages who hasn't seen any,
Or create jobs for our graduates,
I know as Nigerians we love being for or against,
We hate being the neutral man,
But truth is the neutral man is the only man that sees the faults in both parties and tells it as it is,
Be a neutral man today.

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by after1: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

I was thinking in these lines yesterday when I posted this. After all is said and done, I realize, that even when I was carrying the banner of neutrality or near indifference on here, I've always chosen PDP....without realizing how far reaching that was.

But that said, I will try to do objective politics and see how far I can go.

I have noticed a pattern though...
On NL, you are only termed "objective" when you say stuff that soothes the ears of APC folks.

Both APC and PDP are guilty of that bold. Be honest abeg, I noticed the PDP attack one barca guy when he was in APC and the APC e-tout are doing same now cheesy They are all partisan including you grin
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
after1:

Both APC and PDP are guilty of that bold. Be honest abeg, I noticed the PDP attack one barca guy when he was in APC and the APC e-tout are doing same now cheesy They are all partisan including you grin

You might be right y'know...
Though from the little I saw, when He was an APC fan, he mainly received issues based attacks.

I think Barcanista should confirm once and for all, which was most hurtful and maligning.

The Vitrolics from APC folks or that from PDP folks.

BTW, I have never denied my partisanship.
I am only looking to tow the line of objectivity, which should not stop me from lampooning Oga BuBu or Wike, or anyone else for that matter, whenever I deem fit.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
@OP: Though partisan, I still haven't lost objectivity. It is Nigeria first and PDP next!
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by after1: 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Though from the little I saw, when He was an APC fan, he mainly received issues based attacks.

I think Barcanista should confirm once and for all, which was most hurtful and maligning.

I am only looking to tow the line of objectivity, which should not stop me from lampooning Oga BuBu or Wike, or anyone else for that matter, whenever I deem fit.

Yeah you are right anyway. I have seen folks insult Obama daily online and some defend him since they believe he is doing well. Everyone have the right to lampoon any public official. However, There was a time that boy Barca had to post his LG certificate when some guys call him Yoruba daily. You can just check all his past post when he was supporting APC. The PDP/APC guys are same on nairaland, only few of the PDP and APC post intelligent comment without attacking others. It is well.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by after1: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
@OP: Though partisan, I still haven't lost objectivity. It is Nigeria first and PDP next!

Nah, Thats a big lie. Nigeria? Never. Its PDP first and PDP next for you. You dont care bro and you dont need to argue that cos i can give you 3 examples now sharp sharp.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
after1:

hahahaa @ one barca guy

MizMyColi:

No politician is a neutral. You only have conservatives and liberals within a party. Conservatives take no prisoner. Liberals could sometimes be less partisan on some strategic issues. As for attacks, it is not uncommon to see opponents unleash venom of key rivals to weaken and demoralise them. Just that there should be limit to all these.

This is the sad reality of Naija politico
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
after1:

Nah, Thats a big lie. Nigeria? Never. Its PDP first and PDP next for you. You dont care bro and you dont need to argue that cos i can give you 3 examples now sharp sharp.
why you de counter me na? It is Naija first and PDP next... I insist on that bros.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
To be neutral doesn't mean absence of political leaning or persuasion.

Neutrals don't rejoice when calamity befalls the Country because they hate the President or the Governor.

They have feelings and sympathies for the people dying or displaced in Middlebelt and Northeast because of activities of Fulani herdsmen and Bokoharam respectively.

They appreciate and don't criticize development.

They appreciate talents and refrain from pulling them down.

They don't judge someone by their tribe, region, religion or political persuasion rather on merit, equity and track records

They are generally polite and civil during conversation or debate.

# But they don't like being insulted hence their contributions are limited.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by after1: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
why you de counter me na? It is Naija first and PDP next... I insist on that bros.

Lolz. You go argue nah. Lol
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
after1:

Yeah you are right anyway. I have seen folks insult Obama daily online and some defend him since they believe he is doing well. Everyone have the right to lampoon any public official. However, There was a time that boy Barca had to post his LG certificate when some guys call him Yoruba daily. You can just check all his past post when he was supporting APC. The PDP/APC guys are same on nairaland, only few of the PDP and APC post intelligent comment without attacking others. It is well.

You seem to have repented.
I'm surprised you didn't insult me as usual.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by after1: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

You seem to have repented.
I'm surprised you didn't insult me as usual.

Lolz. I just angry when some people from a tribe always insult another tribe cos of Tinubu, when Fayose, Mimiko, Koro and many others are Gejist and core PDP members. But, Oya no vex if i don insult you before. I am sorry.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
To be neutral doesn't mean absence of political leaning or persuasion.

Neutrals don't rejoice when calamity befalls the Country because they hate the President or the Governor.

They have feelings and sympathies for the people dying or displaced in Middlebelt and Northeast because of activities of Fulani herdsmen and Bokoharam respectively.

They appreciate and don't criticize development.

They appreciate talents and refrain from pulling them down.

They don't judge someone by their tribe, region, religion or political persuasion rather on merit, equity and track records

They are generally polite and civil during conversation or debate.

# But they don't like being insulted hence their contributions are limited.

You make a lot of sense.
Based on your assertions above, I think it's in order to think of myself as an objective partisanal politician social activist.
The term politician irks me because of its bastardizement nation wide, by those who supposedly are.

If I may ask, why did you stop being a mod?
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
after1:

Lolz. I just angry when some people from a tribe always insult another tribe cos of Tinubu, when Fayose, Mimiko, Koro and many others are Gejist and core PDP members. But, Oya no vex if i don insult you before. I am sorry.

It's okay Bro.
We learn everyday.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
hahahaa @ one barca guy

No politician is a neutral. You only have conservatives and liberals within a party. Conservatives take no prisoner. Liberals could sometimes be less partisan on some strategic issues. As for attacks, it is not uncommon to see opponents unleash venom of key rivals to weaken and demoralise them. Just that there should be limit to all these.

This is the sad reality of Naija politico

Nice.
I'm learning a lot from this thread.

I am a Liberal then.
Most APC folks on here are conservatives.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

If I may ask, why did you stop being a mod?[/font]

I congratulated Buhari and wished APC a happy regime before Professor Jega and INEC did hence broke objectivity rule.

Not to worry I will be resuming any time I wish but for now I am here to remind political analysts and social media critiques (critics) to be steadfast and objective.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I congratulated Buhari and wished APC a happy regime before Professor Jega and INEC did hence broke objectivity rule.

Not to worry I will be resume any time I wish but for now I am here to remind political analysts and social media critiques (critics) to be steadfast and objective.

Okay.
But couldn't you do that using your main handle?
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by adedayourt(m): 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
on ou arrival
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Okay.
But couldn't you do that using your main handle?

You go fear the number of insults that moniker receives per second from every political divide.
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by MizMyColi(f): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You go fear the number of insults that moniker receives per second from every political divide.

Ookayy.
I can relate.
All the best thensmiley
Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2015

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Akuko na Egwu!

See them caressing one another's ego!

But wetin concern me sef? Mtcheeww!!

Re: Where Are The Neutral Critics? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
There are no 100% percent Neutral critics in Nigeria. The likes of Byrron (me), wole soyenka, Femi falana and the rest of us both online and offline that try as much as possible to appear neutral in our criticism at one point in time becomes very subjective and partisan because of an innate or inordinate vested interest that could either be economical, political, ethnic/tribal or religious/regional consideration/affiliation or prejudice as well and all these factors comes into play consciously or subconsciously and anyone that refutes this is a perfect creation leaving in an imperfect world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osibanjo is a visitor in country of Western Nigeria , not vice President / Radio Biafra Broadcasting LIVE ! / Manchester United Celebrate Nigeria Independence Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.