Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Punctures - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Punctures (701 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punctures by ladyverere(f): 3:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Fellow nairalanders pls come to my aid o. I feel as if I am losing my left hand! 2 days ago I was cleaning a very big frozen black catfish dat has thawed out when d fin on d side of d head punctured my left palm where d lines of d palm is. I didn't think anything of it cos thr was no blood. 24hrs later my entire hand is so swollen and stiff wt d most intense pain I cud nt move it. I called my doc and explained wat happened. He prescribed ATS injection, beecham ampiclox 500mg evry 6hrs, flaggyl 400mg evry 8hrs and Ibex 400mg morning and night. Bt all ths didn't giv me relief o! Dey av nw added chymoral forte. It helped 4 a few hours bt d fierce pain is back and my hand is nw out of proportion, swollen, stiff and unusable. Pls wat shud I do? I am a nursing Mom. I feel as if I'm dying o!
Re: Punctures by nmreports: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2017
How did you resolve this? Sorry you did not get a response.
Re: Punctures by Rubbiish(m): 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
ladyverere:
Fellow nairalanders pls come to my aid o. I feel as if I am losing my left hand! 2 days ago I was cleaning a very big frozen black catfish dat has thawed out when d fin on d side of d head punctured my left palm where d lines of d palm is. I didn't think anything of it cos thr was no blood. 24hrs later my entire hand is so swollen and stiff wt d most intense pain I cud nt move it. I called my doc and explained wat happened. He prescribed ATS injection, beecham ampiclox 500mg evry 6hrs, flaggyl 400mg evry 8hrs and Ibex 400mg morning and night. Bt all ths didn't giv me relief o! Dey av nw added chymoral forte. It helped 4 a few hours bt d fierce pain is back and my hand is nw out of proportion, swollen, stiff and unusable. Pls wat shud I do? I am a nursing Mom. I feel as if I'm dying o!
Ma is like u were biten by a scorpion...how did u resolve it?
Re: Punctures by ladyverere(f): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2018
Rubbiish:

Ma is like u were biten by a scorpion...how did u resolve it?

I simply took all the drugs they kept prescribing then went for physiotherapy a month after the injury when the swelling had gone down. It took a year for me to regain the complete use of the hand.

And no I wasn't bitten by a scorpion. The bone of the catfish pierced the nerve end of my pinkie on the left hand.
Re: Punctures by Rubbiish(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2018
ladyverere:

I simply took all the drugs they kept prescribing then went for physiotherapy a month after the injury when the swelling had gone down. It took a year for me to regain the complete use of the hand.

And no I wasn't bitten by a scorpion. The bone of the catfish pierced the nerve end of my pinkie on the left hand.
It really took quite a long time to heal...Sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese People Getting Fatter And Taller / Why Enlarged Prostrate Is Killing Our Men And Ways To Solve This Problem. / 9 Most Ridiculous Sex Myths Of All Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.