Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,416 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? (2542 Views)

"Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2017 Prophecy: "They Will Try To Remove Osinbajo, VP / Church Aborts Couple’s Wedding Over Groom’s Refusal To Remove Designer Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sped1oro(m): 6:02am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello All,please does anyone knows the statutory rule as regards the data capturing for the Bank Verification Number exercise? My wife tried to register for the BVN at a First Bank Branch and she was told to remove her Hijab which she objected to. Since the deadline is today, does anyone knows a contrary position on the issue of removing the Hijab for BVN?

1 Like

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by jimohibrahim(m): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2015
What's there?
We're talking security issues
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by micronut(m): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2015
na hijab or face covering veil (niqub)...........if its hijab, feel she would be allowed with it but niqub? hmn! i doubt that......that's the issue with data capturing processes, just like nysc reg, voters card e.t.c except she is in the north.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by bigtt76(f): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2015
For foreign VISA applications, the Hijab is allowed as part of dressing. You can't tell an Indian Sikh to remove his head gear undecided @OP ...if they too insist, file a law suit ...I see many law suits emanating from this sham of an exercise grin

sped1oro:
Hello All,please does anyone knows the statutory rule as regards the data capturing for the Bank Verification Number exercise? My wife tried to register for the BVN at a First Bank Branch and she was told to remove her Hijab which she objected to. Since the deadline is today, does anyone knows a contrary position on the issue of removing the Hijab for BVN?
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by phransix147(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2015
This ppl sef! Who wears Hijab for interview?
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by mistabiola: 6:10am On Jun 30, 2015
Lol
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by mistabiola: 6:10am On Jun 30, 2015
How much did she have in her acct
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by mistabiola: 6:11am On Jun 30, 2015
*at the Bank*

BVN Officer: You wanna do your BVN?

Person: Yes

B O: What's ur account balance?

P: N452.12k

B O: Gerrarahia! Shii mehn!!

1 Like

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by mistabiola: 6:14am On Jun 30, 2015
sped1oro:

She shouldn't worry herself , it's only that she won't have access to online transactions couple with the use of ATM card but she can still make use of her account for savings and withdrawal.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Tallesty1(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2015
Wetin person no go see??
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 30, 2015
the hijab and full veil covers are what is destroying the north west nigeria. d exercise does nt convert anyone to any religion, if d exercise calls for removing hijab it wil be beta to oblige to it cos if any issues emanate from security we wil be blaming d govt whereas we citizens contribute to d insecurity cos if govt says do dz, we wl begin to act religiously.

2 Likes

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Orunto: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2015
If her head is beautiful, she should be proud to show the blessings of God in her. Unless she is an athiest, she should obey simple instruction and you and your wife should stop being funny by trying to start another brand of bokoharam.

5 Likes

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by shikshark: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2015
if we can obey rules of foreign consulars on our soil.....why dont we just follow simple instructions and prevent unnecessary stress. removing the hijab wont hurt anyone, that i know....unless she is born with the hijab

1 Like

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sugarvallly(f): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2015
I dont think she needs her money.it seems she has no much money in her account,if she truly has she wudnt hesitate in removing her Hijab.

let her kip objecting
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by saintneo2: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2015
Lol! OP your wife shouldn't run an account. If you want your wife to be out of public eye, let her not visit public places.

sped1oro after reading your comments below I decided to research about hijabs. Below is a picture from hijab fashion blog.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-2L-2LsNSyaE/Uz8TnTbwq4I/AAAAAAAABj4/qWRMVjMtPYg/s1600/hijab+types+1.jpg[/img]

First, please pardon me for my ignorance earlier. If you wife's hijab is similar to the first covering in the picture above, then the customer service representative is over zealous. However, I don't think the second, third and fourth pictures are acceptable.

Please join me and learn from these Seven Leadership Qualities. I believe you will benefit from it.

2 Likes

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by delishpot: 6:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Op, she can wear those caps women wear. Many moslem women wear those caps beneath their hijab she should know it or, she should try wear a black scarf covering her hair only.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Edwardhead(m): 6:32am On Jun 30, 2015
[size=15pt]yaaawwwnnn, [/size]
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Burger01(m): 6:32am On Jun 30, 2015
Did she use hijab when opening the account with the bank? For the sake of security, rules must be followed. A female bank officer can attend to her and capture her face and other details discreetly. We don't have to mix religion with everything we come across in this country...that's the problem we have as a nation. Yeah, religion is opiate of the people and that was eons ago, but now we have a largely secular society and things must be done to protect the peaceful existence of the society irrespective of our religion believes. It s well smiley
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Olsoo(m): 6:36am On Jun 30, 2015
There is this small,cosy cap that is being worn by women. I believe that should help. Shebi its just to cover her hair ...so simple
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Na their type dey carry bomb for that hijab
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2015
Must religion be associated with everything in Nigeria?

I see it as no big deal if she removes the hijab,and wears that small cap that covers her hair,except she doesn't need her money in the account again.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sped1oro(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2015
I ve read many of the comments and was not surprised to see that most people don't understand the Islamic religion. To start with my wife opened her account with the Hijab on her, and how much she has in her account does not determine how she should be attended because with her transactions she should have been accorded a VIP treatment but the person attending to her did not even check her account history. Also, it is very ignorant to believed all embassies ask you to remove your Hijab rather most of the embassies accept Hijab as part of the muslim dressings. And during the Voters registration and National I.D card exercise, there was no time where muslim women were forced to remove their Hijab. And lastly, i was a Banker too and while in the banking Job there was no compulsion for anyone to remove her Hijab for data capture which is basically the Face and finger prints,so what do you need the ear and neck for?
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sped1oro(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2015
@ Professor pete, i honestly pity your ignorance, it would have been better for you to keep quiet than to just spew balderdash as comment. Mind you, real muslims can never be Boko-Haram.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sped1oro(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2015
In addition to my response, i think the BVN officer is juts being overzealous, my wife has called some of her friends who also wears Hijab and have done the Registration and they told her she does not need to remove her Hijab as long as her face and fingerprints are captured so whats with the double standard in First bank.
Secondly, someone asked if my wife can go for interview with her Hijab? Yes, she has done so and even get a JOB at the convent which has a missionary background, she worked there for years and was putting on her Hijab, see IGNORANCE should not be allowed to Kill the Tolerance in us, at the convent she was liked by the Rev sisters because they also cover their heads. She only left the convent when she went to further her education.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by wordcat(m): 10:07am On Jun 30, 2015
saintneo2:
you want your wife to be out of public eye, let her not visit public places.

Gbam
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by sped1oro(m): 10:26am On Jun 30, 2015
wordcat:

Gbam

Don't get it twisted, my wife goes out and she is more confident about herself in the public. Mind you, she is beautiful, educated and lovable. She is just trying to guide her chastity as our religion demands, she doesn't fix weavon/attachment because she is carrying her natural virgin hair, she doesn't wear revealing clothes or small dresses, and she doesn't use all those cream women use to deceive men because she is naturally beautiful, so she is not afraid to go out in the public. She is a fashion designer with statement, her designs and collections are exceptional such that no one would at first believed an Hijab lady could be such creative.
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2015
sped1oro:
@ Professor pete, i honestly pity your ignorance, it would have been better for you to keep quiet than to just spew balderdash as comment. Mind you, real muslims can never be Boko-Haram.
how does the removal of hijab for data capturing stop her from being your wife?
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by delishpot: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2015
sped1oro:

Don't get it twisted, my wife goes out and she is more confident about herself in the public. Mind you, she is beautiful, educated and lovable. She is just trying to guide her chastity as our religion demands, she doesn't fix weavon/attachment because she is carrying her natural virgin hair, she doesn't wear revealing clothes or small dresses, and she doesn't use all those cream women use to deceive men because she is naturally beautiful, so she is not afraid to go out in the public. She is a fashion designer with statement, her designs and collections are exceptional such that no one would at first believed an Hijab lady could be such creative.

Dont stress yourself too much bro, if possible go with her and ask to speak to the customer care officer at the bank. I believe she can get her photo taken with her hijab on. If not she should put that cap women wear and wear a gown that covers her neck.

Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by wordcat(m): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2015
sped1oro:

Over 90% of men will say so about their wives grin
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Ishilove: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2015
Burger01:
Did she use hijab when opening the account with the bank? For the sake of security, rules must be followed. A female bank officer can attend to her and capture her face and other details discreetly. We don't have to mix religion with everything we come across in this country...that's the problem we have as a nation. Yeah, religion is opiate of the people and that was eons ago, but now we have a largely secular society and things must be done to protect the peaceful existence of the society irrespective of our religion believes. It s well smiley
Oyibo repete cheesy
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Burger01(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ishilove:

Oyibo repete cheesy
Chai! You don hit my car!..... eyinbo repekte cheesy
Re: Bvn: Does My Wife Has To Remove Her Hijab? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
She shouldn't remove her ijab.Its not part of d requirement.I did mine,using my ijab.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Christian Should Convert To Islam Fast / (live Images) National Day Of Prayer At Abuja National Stadium / Popular Islamic Preacher Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al Solaty Buhari Omo Musa S Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.