Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) (43449 Views)

"I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / Father Carrying His Step Daughter At The Pool. Anything Wrong With The Photo? / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by cococandy(f): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
freecocoa:
I find it unsettling that many don't see anything wrong in that question. How can one be in competition with her child? That's kinda crazy.
it would even make me happy to see my man devote himself like that our kid. That way even if I'm not there, I'm sure they are his priority.

Put it down to immaturity. The lady doesn't know that's how she should be loving the kid too now.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by thorpido(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
cococandy:
it would even make me happy to see my man devote himself like that our kid. That way even if I'm not there, I'm sure they are his priority.

Put it down to immaturity. The lady doesn't know that's how she should be loving the kid too now.
I don't think the lady means it the way you and freecocoa are seeing it.
I don't think it's envy or bitterness.I think she's just in a subtle way saying her hubby seems to be diverting too much attention to the daughter and not giving her enough.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by sevule(m): 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
cococandy:

It is actually a valid concern and I don't think the lady is being immature. You can be the best mother in the world but a lousy wife and vice versa. Basically she wants validation that she is the number One priority in her husband's life. Children should never come first before your spouse even though we as Africans tend to think that children should come first.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by Stillfire: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
thorpido:
I don't think it's envy or bitterness.I think she's just in a subtle way saying her hubby seems to be diverting too much attention to the daughter and not giving her enough.

You don't have to use your child to appear subtle or pass a message across, haba.
It's just petty.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by thorpido(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Stillfire:

You don't have to use your child to appear subtle or pass a message across, haba.
It's just petty.
Well maybe petty is the word but I don't think it's envy or any form of bitterness.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by bjtinz: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Those who see nothing wrong with OP's wife question should check themselves. What nonsense!!! >sad >sad

EXACTLY what answer was she expecting? Yes? no? If it were the stepmom then i would pardon her to an article xtent. But think she is d biological mum and asking such asinine question is d height of it!! Nansense!! >sad

OP tried to have diplomatically addressed d issue. If Na me? Ha gobe. . .! cool
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
Feranchek:
Hehehehehe..... 2go love cheesy grin
This one Na WhatsApp love o
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
sevule:

It is actually a valid concern and I don't think the lady is being immature. You can be the best mother in the world but a lousy wife and vice versa. Basically she wants validation that she is the number One priority in her husband's life. Children should never come first before your spouse even though we as Africans tend to think that children should come first.
mmm ok
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
thorpido:
Just like stillfire said, you don't use your child as a bargaining chip, believe me, that's not a question a parent should ask.

It's just like the other thread, where a lady was said to have asked who her fiance loves more, between her and his family, I mean, how does this sound?

That question is bred from jealousy/insecurity.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by liyahwillie(f): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
lonelydora:

I hope you are not my friend's husband because my friend told me her husband loves her daughter more than her and that she wants to put the question to him.

Do you reside in Lagos?

Question!!!!
Rhetorical question!!
Ask ur friend if she has a daughter called tolu!!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by bukatyne(f): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
tolu4you:
I had this chatting with my woman yesterday. She asked me if i love my daughter more? Fellow nairalander, anything wrong with the question? Coz the question dey somehow.
How on earth asking such a question from your husband if he love his child more than you.

CC : lalasticlala

There is nothing wrong with the question.

You chose and married your wife and not your daughter.

As your daughter is young, you would definitely give her more attention but your wife should never never doubt your love for her/her position in your heart.

In another 9yrrs, your daughter is going to start flying and you both will be left alone.

As you make your bed now, you lie on it in future.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by khukhi(f): 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
yorke1:
Are you sure the woman in question is your wife?

Very strange question for a mum to ask. sad
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by joyce01(f): 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
LewsTherin:
I don't know about you. But I cannot love my wife and daughter equally. I love them differently. They mean different things to me. Both of them have 100% of my heart. But different sections of my heart.

That's just it
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by doublewisdom: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
favoured234:
Life is political..
Tell her you love her more...
Nobody will die and the baby wont even know, even if she knows she wont care...
Case settled..
So you get many sense like this?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by ayanfemy(f): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
wait until you have a son, then you will understand her feelings! it's called Oedipus complex in psychology! tell her often how much you love her and don't stop dotting on your girl child!

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) by AliyNumbers: 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
southernbelle:
@op, is she the birth-mother or the stepmother of the child? if she's the birth-mother, i see no reason why she should see your daughter as a rival (sorry to put it that way but that's how it seems to me).

smh. you've obviously never been married to say you see no reason. it's more common than a bird poop on a windshield.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / Father Sleeping With Daughter / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.