Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Blues - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Blues (1066 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blues by gombos: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2009
did you ever feel so depressed for no reason. you just woke up one day and was struck with the blues? like your life isn't worth living? I don't know why I feel this way. I have many friends good job socially active. I pray and read the Quran and I still feel like something is missing why is that? sad
Re: Blues by ayinba1(f): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2009
Try to make your mind focus on the positive things in your life, it takes practice but insha Allah, you will find that the bues begin to last for less times. prayers too
Re: Blues by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2009
In addition to above, I'd like to say that it's probably just a passing phase and you might stop feeling this way after a short time. I would have provided more info on how you can feel better at times like that but I'm not sure of the exact nature of what ur feeling.
Re: Blues by Graxie(f): 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2009
TRY JESUS, THE PRINCE OF PEACE AND THE GIVER OF PEACE.
Re: Blues by ayinba1(f): 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2009
@graxie,

He has Jesus (AS) already, he's a muslim.
Re: Blues by todak(m): 3:26am On Mar 17, 2009
He only knows Isa not Jesus, but if he knows Jesus Christ, the son of David, The Joy giver, the Saviour of mankind, with Jesus you feel secured.
Re: Blues by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2009
gombo_s:

did you ever feel so depressed for no reason. you just woke up one day and was struck with the blues? like your life isn't worth living? I don't know why I feel this way. I have many friends good job socially active. I pray and read the Quran and I still feel like something is missing why is that? sad

Watch this blues pianist attempting to sing a blues song, and you might be able to shake off the blues. wink

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=42636533bdae751a0c49
Re: Blues by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2009
@poster,
I also experienced this some years ago. I will advise you to get good Islamic texts(English version) and read. Of course, you are already used to reading the Qur'an.
The following may also be helpful:
1, Think of positive things.
2, Know that joy does not lie in worldly acquisitions only, but don't abandon your striving for that which benefit you in this world, while not forgetting the hereafter.
3, Visit this site www.islamqa.com. Go to psychology section and read valuable advice/answers by Sheikh Munajjid, Ibn Baaz etc to people who have asked similar questions in the past
4, Live your life as it comes, know that nothing happens, not even the falling of a leaf from a tree, withut Allah's knowledge
5, Check yourself. Is there a sin you are addicted to? Try to work on yourself.
6, Try to get this book 'Hisnu Muslim' (Citadel of a believer). There are supplications on depression there. They work wonder. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Blues by Abuzola(m): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2009
and fool continues his journey
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2009
Abuzola:

and fool continues his journey

You are the biggest fool. Potential suicide bomber
Re: Blues by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2009
i cant help but to laugh
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2009
uplawal:

i cant help but to laugh

Your cult belief system is laughable grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Blues by muhsin(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2009
I too smiled not laugh, really. smiley
Re: Blues by deols(f): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2009
Husnu muslim does wonders. please get one.
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
abuzola999:

5:76

Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the All-Hearer, All-Knower."

It is a pity that Muhammed was not a prophet and will never be. He was a Saudi Arabian warlord.
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
abuzola999:

U can say that again malu

You are a malu just like Muhammed is a malu. Muhammedan Idiot
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
abuzola999:

What a daft

You are daft just like Muhammed is daft. You possess Muhammed's daft genes.

grin
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2009
abuzola999:

U goat is damn funny

You are the one who is damn funny. I really sympathise with you because your soul have been sold to the Islamic demon allah.
Re: Blues by muhsin(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
focus don com again. . . grin
Re: Blues by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
We sympatise for you more cos if you dont refrain from partnership of your SON and HOLYSPIRIT to GOD ALMIGHTY,you will BURN TILL ETERNITY,as you know ETERNITY is INFINITY
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2009
@uplawal :

You are the one who will burn in hell fire if you don't repent from worshipping black stone of Kabbah (which you call allah)

Olorun shanu grin grin grin
Re: Blues by Abuzola11(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2009
You are hellish, repent before is too late
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
Abuzola 1:

You are hellish, repent before is too late

You better repent otherwise you and downlawal will roast in hell fire.

cheesy grin grin
Re: Blues by Abuzola11(m): 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
Repent ! Repent !!
Re: Blues by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 01, 2009
Before is too LATE grin
Re: Blues by focused123(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
@Abuzola and Uplawal :

Both of you should better repent before it is too late. Both of you should be ashamed of yourself because you are following Muhammed who is not even sure of where he is going.

Repent before both of you become a trophy in hell fire.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Blues by Abuzola11(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
Posted on: Today at 01:19:53 PMPosted by: focused123
Insert Quote
@Abuzola and Uplawal :

Both of you should better repent before it is too late. Both of you should be ashamed of yourself because you are following Muhammed who is not even sure of where he is going.

God have mercy !!!
focused123:

@Abuzola and Uplawal :

God have mercy !!!

2:119

: Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) with the truth (Islam), a bringer of glad tidings (for those who believe in what you brought, that they will enter Paradise) and a warner (for those who disbelieve in what you brought, they will enter the Hell-fire). And you will not be asked about the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

(1) (Reply)

Allahu Appeared On A Tree In Ilorin. / The Concept Of Omni / Muslim Cleric In Pakistan Arrested Over 11year Old Girl Blasphemy Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.