Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike (23450 Views)

Amaechi Knelt To Beg For Wike - Uchendu / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Amaechi Left Over N7billion For Wike's Government - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Absolutely true. Odili was a massive disaster.

It's my deepest belief that Wike will surpass the little Amaechi has done.
Even, to some extent Rufus Ada-George, considering the short period he spent, performed better than Peter Odili.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Even, to some extent Rufus Ada-George, considering the short period he spent, performed better than Peter Odili.

All Odili did for 8 miserable years, Kwankwaso will surpass in 8 months. He did nothing. PH still remains one overhyped city. Just noise.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Brother, happy new month. How did the match end? You didn't shout GOAL loud enough!

Amaechi did very little when his strides ate compared with the revenue he accrued during his tenures.

Come to Woji and see dilapidated infrastructure!
lolz...I didn't even watch again o, sleep no let me rest plus I had work dis morning.

why did u single out woji?? how abt the rest places? I remember ppl from DAT area didn't even allow him enter their town then.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

I have carefully gone through the thread on Amaechi's achievements and want to remind you that lot of things are missing from there.

If u have how dare u declare or give the impression that he is a failure. Those are just a little of his numerous legacies and its good to note that u dare not deny such.

Where is the monorail that almost 50billion has been spent on?

I have never been a supporter of the monorail from day 1 and i am still not so i will regard it as one of his mistakes even at that if indeed u are in PH u dare not tell me that there is absolutely nothing on ground. U should also understand that the bulk of the money went into compensation of those whose properties were destroyed and believe u me, locals indeed duped the govt on this. Even at that, the phase 1 of the monorail has been completed till 90%. Go to Azikwe road and feed ur eyes.

Where is the Ewofe road he withdrew over 30billion naira from Rivers reserved fund to complete?
Where is Trans-amadi road that he released 47billion for? When was the last time you passed Rumuohuolu road or new Airport road?

First and foremost, u talked of reserved fund? do u know the genesis of that? That is Amaechis legacy. Kudos to him. Rivers project remain work in progress and i agree that so much still needs to be done but does that negate the roads and bridges he has completed and we all are benefiting till date?
Have u also passed Okporo, Stadium road NTA road etc do u know how they were before Amaechis intervention. Let wike also do his part.

If you haven't known I want you to find out who is Diete Spiff, he remains the best Governor Rivers state has ever had.

How? showcase his achievement and lets compare with Amaechi. Talk is cheap.

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

And Diete Spiff?

Better than your best.

Showcase Diete's acheivement nau
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:01am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

And Diete Spiff?

Better than your best.
I'm talking of recent times. Howeve, while I won't be able to say who between him and Diete-Spiff was better, I commend Diete-Spiff for PABOD. He built the four secretariat blocks as well as the Point Block.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

We're essentially saying the same thing. Amaechi could have done doubly more but he didn't. He did little when we take into account what he received. He's all noise.

during the second term, there was so much distraction. WIke and Shepopotamus also didnt helped matters, they didnt allow him to govern in peace simply because he chose to to follow jonah-daft again.
Politics took the better of him but hey, he indeed remained the best.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

All Odili did for 8 miserable years, Kwankwaso will surpass in 8 months. He did nothing. PH still remains one overhyped city. Just noise.
can't agree with u on this, yes odili did nothing but pH is not over hyped.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

during the second term, there was so much distraction. WIke and Shepopotamus also didnt helped matters, they didnt allow him to govern in peace simply because he chose to to follow jonah-daft again.
u can say that again
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
can't agree with u on this, yes odili did nothing but pH is not over hyped.

Let's not start the month with an argument. PH has a lot of catching up to do.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Caseless: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
Adesiji77:

Hon. Special Assistant on Social Media, I didn't say anything naw.... embarassed
grin grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
u can say that again

Thats the bitter truth. All Governors were involved in politics but jonah-daft and his cronies made sure Amaechi know no peace in his domain. Was it a must to support Jonah-daft?
Amaechi saw that as an affront and made it his sole responsibility to boot out the fool from power and he succeeded. I keep on telling peeps that the biggest crown of Amaechi in this dispensation is the ouster of jonah-daft. If not, he ought to be se seeking assylum from another country by now but his victory turned his fortunes around. He goes in and out of Aso rock as he deemed fit while his cronies are gradually taking over of NDDC. grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

All these are just excuses. Governance is a serious business, and distractions, defections are a part of it. Amaechi simply lost focused and paid more attention to the things he shouldn't.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by ideykwum: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2015
Noise, traffic, and decadence! An army of maladjusted youths with an entitlement mentality, courtesy of failures like Odili and Amaechi!

dearpreye:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:17am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

All these are just excuses. Governance is a serious business, and distractions, defections are a part of it. Amaechi simply lost focused and paid more attention to the things he shouldn't.

i agree that they are excuses but these are legitimate ones. A situation where even his life was under threat because the powers that be wanted it so, what do u expect from such a governor? A situation where minority members of HOA are on his neck wanting to impeach him what do u expect? A situation whereby his commisioner of police only obeys his enemies, what exactly do u expect?
All these all together led to him loosing focus. When u blame him for loosing focus, it will be hypocritical not to extend the same blame on those that delibrately worked against him and made sure he lost focus. The blame should be equal.
His successes in his first term suggest to me that he has what it takes to succeed exceedingly so its not about him not capable but haters whose powers he cant suppress made sure he lost focus.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 01, 2015
ideykwum:
Noise, traffic, and decadence! An army of maladjusted youths with an entitlement mentality, courtesy of failures like Odili and Amaechi!

Yeah. Perfectly put. Apart from Lagos, it's the most unnecessarily stressful city I've lived in. It's a typical African city. Chaos. Confusion. Madness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

Thats the bitter truth. All Governors were involved in politics but jonah-daft and his cronies made sure Amaechi know no peace in his domain. Was it a must to support Jonah-daft?
Amaechi saw that as an affront and made it his sole responsibility to boot out the fool from power and he succeeded. I keep on telling peeps that the biggest crown of Amaechi in this dispensation is the ouster of jonah-daft. If not, he ought to be se seeking assylum from another country by now but his victory turned his fortunes around. He goes in and out of Aso rock as he deemed fit while his cronies are gradually taking over of NDDC. grin
lolz..did u say talking over NDDC??
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

i agree that they are excuses but these are legitimate ones. A situation where even his life was under threat because the powers that be wanted it so, what do u expect from such a governor? A situation where minority members of HOA are on his neck wanting to impeach him what do u expect? A situation whereby his commisioner of police only obeys his enemies, what exactly do u expect?
All these all together led to him loosing focus. When u blame him for loosing focus, it will be hypocritical not to extend the same blame on those that delibrately worked against him and made sure he lost focus. The blame should be equal.
His successes in his first term suggest to me that he has what it takes to succeed exceedingly so its not about him not capable but haters whose powers he cant suppress made sure he lost focus.

He's the governor. It's HIS call to remain focused. His first term was a huge success. His second, a monumental calamity. Ameachi na average performer.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:22am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Let's not start the month with an argument. PH has a lot of catching up to do.
catching up in terms of wat pls
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

He's the governor. It's HIS call to remain focused. His first term was a huge success. His second, a monumental calamity. Ameachi na average performer.

HE was against powers far superior to him. THose powers threw everything at him and him being human surely lost focus toward sthe end. EVen if he is an average performer in ur opinion, he remains the best Rivers state Governor and that remain undisputed.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:24am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
lolz..did u say talking over NDDC??

DO u still expect Jonah-daft cronies to be calling the shots? SS now have a new political warlord in this dispensation nau and surely not the drunkard. grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

HE was against powers far superior to him. THose powers threw everything at him and him being human surely lost focus toward sthe end. EVen if he is an average performer in ur opinion, he remains the best Rivers state Governor and that remain undisputed.

No one can dispute that. When compared to Odili, Amaechi is a great performer.....
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
catching up in terms of wat pls

Infrastructures. I've been opportune to visit places within the SS/SE, and even beyond. And I know what I'm taking about. And I'm not squaring all these decadence at the feet of Amechi alone. ..
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:46am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Infrastructures. I've been opportune to visit places within the SS/SE, and even beyond. And I know what I'm taking about. And I'm not squaring all these decadence at the feet of Amechi alone. ..
well, depends on what u call infrastructures cos the as/se I kw I can't say they av got a beta infrastructural development as compared to pH aside cross rivers
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

DO u still expect Jonah-daft cronies to be calling the shots? SS now have a new political warlord in this dispensation nau and surely not the drunkard. grin grin
well let's see what comes up sha cos I av high hope there o
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
well let's see what comes up sha cos I av high hope there o

U want to win a contract grin grin grin
Join APC sharp sharp grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:
U want to win a contract grin grin grin Join APC sharp sharp grin grin
yea bro...winning party tinz
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by staymore: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=dekdek post=35350153][/quote]

Rivers people definitely expect Wike to do his part, though I may not be his supporter as you might have guessed or concluded.

You can not also deny the fact that Amaechi seriously lost focus and there after concentrated less on his dear state because of national politics.

His entire second tenure can not measure up to 20% of his first tenure in infrastructure etc.

As an ardent supporter of Amaechi that you are, have you asked what suddenly went wrong with him? Wasn't it Akpabio that commissioned some world class projects even in his last days in office?

Regards your last words in your comment, "talk is cheap" I agree that with you as you will have reasons to justify every actions of Amaechi, even areas that should be condemned, you call it a mere mistake.

May God save us and change our approach about governance.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

Rivers people definitely expect Wike to do his part, though I may not be his supporter as you might have guessed or concluded.

Now u are talking. Already the thug has started badly by borrowing N30Billion within 30 days despite being given allocation just some couple of days ago.

You can not also deny the fact that Amaechi seriously lost focus and there after concentrated less on his dear state because of national politics.

Of cos not. I av repeatedly stated that. Infact, his survival was at stake if he didnt do that. If he didnt, probably he would have been looking for a country who will take him in for asylum by now. All because he chose not to follow or support Jonah-daft.

His entire second tenure can not measure up to 20% of his first tenure in infrastructure etc.

Ur opinion. I rate him 45% of his first tenure

As an ardent supporter of Amaechi that you are, have you asked what suddenly went wrong with him?

Go back and read. i have written extensively on this thread about this

Wasn't it Akpabio that commissioned some world class projects even in his last days in office?

And where was Akpabio when Amaechi was busy commisioning his own projects? do u have to wait till the end of ur tenure. Most of Akpabios project has no direct bearing to the core people that needs to be brought out of the poverty level in that state. When Amechi was working, Akpabio was busy throwing money away, giving celebrities money and Jeeps, sponsoring celebrities marriages within and outside the country. Didnt u see the threads of Amaechis and Akpabios? Akpabio received highest allocation for close to decade and with less population and responsibility in contrast to Rivers and yet the eediot had to wait till the end? If u cant deny any of those projects u have seen as ascribed to Amaechi please take a bow.

Regards your last words in your comment, "talk is cheap" I agree that with you as you will have reasons to justify every actions of Amaechi, even areas that should be condemned, you call it a mere mistake.

If i say that is a big mistake on his part, what does that suggest to u? doesn't that connote condemnation on my part on him? U sound like lover of Jonah-daft, ur kind just hate Amaechi for no just cause. All what i have stated are easily verifiable facts. i didnt add neither did i subtract from it. u have not even faulted me in any one so far.
As per talk is cheap, of cos it is pending when u showcase the highlights and achievement of the person u claimed was a better Governor to Amaechi here in Rivers .

May God save us and change our approach about governance.

May God give us a governor that will surpass the acheivment of Amaechi. Wike has started badly, i dont see him recovering considering his useless acheivements in executive positions in both Obia akpor and as a Minister of Education.

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Bright2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
iyobosadavid:
fool you will remain forever seems you refuse to see the light and choose darkness just like your useless wike
Go & die!
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by sunsewa: 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I do not want to believe youre implying that Rumuokwuta girls, Azikiwe in mile3 and Rumuola rd + the 'many others' have gulped N10billion already.

Overtime, the state governors have discovered how to pocket the conscience of their state legislature..The legislature cannot seem to check the excesses of the executive..that is sad for our democracy.

The National Assembly should ratify some of these decisions of State assemblies only when they've confirmed the true intentions of the states executive.

Are u not aware that Amaechi left unpaid arrears of workers and state contractors, which he has been paying since he assumed office, even refuse disposers,sharks fc and dolphins fc players were being owed,and he has paid them and others.

A
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
well, depends on what u call infrastructures cos the as/se I kw I can't say they av got a beta infrastructural development as compared to pH aside cross rivers

And where is Cross Rivers? Outside SS/SE?

Rivers has always been unfortunate when it comes to visionary leadership. Isn't it a same that Cross Rivers has better infrastructure than Rivers state though the latter has a huge allocation and IGR?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shut Your Mouth, Stop Behaving Like A Cry-baby - Fayose Fires Shots To Ekiti CJ / Celebration As Geometric Aba IPP Turns On 3rd Turbine / Bindow Stops His Convoy To Buy Fruits Along The Way (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.