Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS (15903 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Jobless Before He Embarked On IPOB And Biafra Mission / Just In: DSS Papers Proves Kanu Was Never In Possession Of Any Weapons / ''How Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Lagos'' – DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by ifedubacorg: 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Why I Fell-Out With Uwazuruike And MASSOB – Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu

Judging from his constant and acerbic criticism of Raph Uwazuirike, the founder of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), not many would believe that Nnamdi Kenny Okwu-Kanu, was a key member of MASSOB.

In this piece, Kanu the firebrand Director of Radio Biafra revealed the issues that led to his disagreements with Uwazuruike.
According to Kanu, Uwazuruike has betrayed Biafrans and has been making efforts to derail any genuine effort to restore the Republic of Biafra, while pretending he was fighting for Biafra in a non violent way. Kanu revealed that while Uwazuruike chose a non-violent stance with Nigerian Government, he uses violence on fellow Biafrans.
I was kidnapped by Uwazuruike on the 19th of December 2009. Uchenna Madu who is MASSOB Director for Information led the kidnap party. They were told they were going for a rally but instead chose to come an kidnap me.
Responding to a member of the MASSOB who accused Kanu of insulting Uwazuruike, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) stated:
“Now I will outline again the reason for the kidnap so you and your co ignorant fools will know. Uwazuruike your master came to see me in London in the summer of 2009 and asked me to print Biafran Passport for sale. I told him no. I introduced him to Coleman Asomba in South Africa to coordinate our agitation but when he Uwazuruike got there they concentrated on printing passports.
“I also agreed with your master Uwazuruike that we should return to the ways of our ancestors which is rulership by an Elders Council which he agreed in London but did not implement when he got home.
“I am giving you instances so you will ask him if you can find him.Uwazuruike rejected the involvement of Igbo intelligensia and failed to allow consultation to happen between us and Igbo elders. I received information through a source at Aso Rock that your master sold out the struggle to Nigerian Government and the deal was brokered by Senator Chukwumerije. I called Uwazuruike to tell him the information I received and he denied it. I traveled to Owerri with two of my members to confront him with the evidence we had. We went to his Works Layout palace where he agreed to meet us but he wasn’t there. Before travelling to Owerri I addressed MASSOB members in Lagos where I made it clear to them that fraud will not be tolerated in the struggle.

Raph Uwazuruike and Al Mustapha
“Uwazuruike having realised what I knew refused to see us. After visiting PH to see MASSOB members I returned to London.
“People started calling Radio Biafra to inquire if the new Biafran passport was a legal tender as BBC Africa had carried the news. I gave them an honest opinion that Biafran Passport printed could not get them into the mythical 99 countries that recognised Massob. The criminal elements among you started calling me to threaten me and you wrote a letter to my father saying you had authority from Nigeria to declare me wanted.
“I have the letter. I ignored you and came home where you hired 10 buses led by Uchenna Madu to come and kidnap me. Yes you tore my clothes, spat at me, even had a mock trial to assertain
the whereabouts of the Biafran Army that was then camped at Abakpa. You tortured me to force me to reveal who was sponsoring Radio Biafra and I told you that I used my savings to fund it which was the simple truth.
“During my captivity at Okwe, you told me how you kidnap people in Igboland. You mentioned a
few prominent names I will mention in my book. You hungry ferrals stole my clothes, wrist watch and money. Some of you spat at me, some poured urine on me. You fooled them into believing I was a traitor to cover the fact that you people are the traitors. You tried to humiliate me in the hope that I will be silenced forever but you failed.
“In your stupidy you made a video tape of the whole torture and kidnapping in the hope of using it to blackmail me into silence. You threatened to release the video if I criticised MASSOB criminal activities again. Little did you know the video was the proof the world needed to confirm that MASSOB was a full time crime empire. You see how daft you people are, I knew you will come up with this which confirms in your own words that you kidnapped me then later Pascal Okorie and also Benjamin Onwuka.

Nnamdi Kanu and co have been re-educating Biafrans with Radio Biafra
“When massob released me from Okwe, I took a taxi to Umuahia and was receiving attention at Ojukwu Bunker Guest House when SSS men came and arrested me. I never went to the police because I knew that as a freedom fighter, I cannot go to my enemies for help. I have rules I abide by. Nothing will make me ever go to Nigeria Police for help. It was Uwazuruike himself that told SSS that Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra he kidnapped had been released and if they wanted to question me.

“I was arrested yet again by armed men of Nigeria SSS. When I got to their headquarters at Ojike Street Umuahia the SSS Director’s phone rang. To my astonishment it was Uwazuruike enquiring if the information he gave them was correct. I was amazed when this Hausa man looked at me and said I was wasting my time fighting for Biafra. He showed me his phone and there Uwazuruike’s number was.
“I kept asking myself what type of freedom fighter would be so friendly with his oppressor. It was at that point I realised that Uwazuruike was working for Nigeria all along. So in conclusion, I did not call the police and will never call the police for a fellow Biafran not even if they come to kill me. Go and do your research. You have the video of my kidnap and ordeal, I challenge you to release it. That way we know we know who is lying.
“The worst mistake MASSOB made was to let me leave Okwe torture chamber alive. If they had the intention of continuing in their criminality they should have killed me. Biafra is the only reason why I live that was something none of you knew. You have sowed the wind now you will reap the whirlwind.”
http://igberetv.com/why-i-fell-out-with-uwazuruike-and-massob-radio-biafras-nnamdi-kanu/

1 Like

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by dunsman(f): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by odinese(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by odinese(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
cool
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by hakeem4(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
K
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by SUBMARINE: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Source
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by OduaVanguard: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
Eiya. Poor Kanu. No wonder he had to flee to the U.K. I'd flee too if i were him, after all that torture.
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by mymadam(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
If you can read between the lines, you'll easily conclude that all this rant is just a promo for this young man's upcoming book release. Don't be fooled. The real people that experienced the Nigerian Civil War (1967 - 1970) - directly or indirectly - will never ask for an encore. If there's ever going to be a Biafra, or an Oduduwa, or a Niger Delta, or an Arewa Republic, ONLY a jaw-jaw can make it happen. War-war is dead and buried. Good luck all the same to the unbelievers. The choice is entirely yours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by superstar1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Noise making attention seeker.

He has duped his bretheren with his radio Biafra.

Next on the line is his upcoming book which he will use to defraud the biafraudians and biafraudsters.

he was subtly promoting the book in the interview.

7 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by OduaVanguard: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
superstar1:

You can say that again. Next time he may not be so lucky with the Nigerian authorities. He may actually end up dead extra-judiciously like that Boko founder, what's his name again? His fans will just weep and beat a few chests grin

4 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by lunaticfringe: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
Super-smart dude... I'm so digging the director...
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Humorclux: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
superstar1:

Next on the line is his upcoming book which he will use to defraud the biafraudians and biafraudsters.

We like am like that.
E pain am..

btw this story is filled with lies

1 Like

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by EasternPride: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
Humorclux:

We like am like that.
E pain am..

btw this story is filled with lies

But u know Uwazuruike used to kidnap his perceived enemies?

2 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Humorclux: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
EasternPride:

But u know Uwazuruike used to kidnap his perceived enemies?

Still fake news
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Duru1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
superstar1:

Above post is a typical idiocy from a common Yoruba dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Deeper life to build university in abia after Nnamdi kanu's threats.

2 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by EasternPride: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Humorclux:

Still fake news

Which one makes it fake?

But Uwazuruike posted his naked pics on the electric poles in Owerri. U remember?

2 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Twistaray(m): 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
ifedubacorg:
Why I Fell-Out With Uwazuruike And MASSOB – Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu

Judging from his constant and acerbic criticism of Raph Uwazuirike, the founder of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), not many would believe that Nnamdi Kenny Okwu-Kanu, was a key member of MASSOB.

In this piece, Kanu the firebrand Director of Radio Biafra revealed the issues that led to his disagreements with Uwazuruike.
According to Kanu, Uwazuruike has betrayed Biafrans and has been making efforts to derail any genuine effort to restore the Republic of Biafra, while pretending he was fighting for Biafra in a non violent way. Kanu revealed that while Uwazuruike chose a non-violent stance with Nigerian Government, he uses violence on fellow Biafrans.
I was kidnapped by Uwazuruike on the 19th of December 2009. Uchenna Madu who is MASSOB Director for Information led the kidnap party. They were told they were going for a rally but instead chose to come an kidnap me.
Responding to a member of the MASSOB who accused Kanu of insulting Uwazuruike, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) stated:
“Now I will outline again the reason for the kidnap so you and your co ignorant fools will know. Uwazuruike your master came to see me in London in the summer of 2009 and asked me to print Biafran Passport for sale. I told him no. I introduced him to Coleman Asomba in South Africa to coordinate our agitation but when he Uwazuruike got there they concentrated on printing passports.
“I also agreed with your master Uwazuruike that we should return to the ways of our ancestors which is rulership by an Elders Council which he agreed in London but did not implement when he got home.
“I am giving you instances so you will ask him if you can find him.Uwazuruike rejected the involvement of Igbo intelligensia and failed to allow consultation to happen between us and Igbo elders. I received information through a source at Aso Rock that your master sold out the struggle to Nigerian Government and the deal was brokered by Senator Chukwumerije. I called Uwazuruike to tell him the information I received and he denied it. I traveled to Owerri with two of my members to confront him with the evidence we had. We went to his Works Layout palace where he agreed to meet us but he wasn’t there. Before travelling to Owerri I addressed MASSOB members in Lagos where I made it clear to them that fraud will not be tolerated in the struggle.

Raph Uwazuruike and Al Mustapha
“Uwazuruike having realised what I knew refused to see us. After visiting PH to see MASSOB members I returned to London.
“People started calling Radio Biafra to inquire if the new Biafran passport was a legal tender as BBC Africa had carried the news. I gave them an honest opinion that Biafran Passport printed could not get them into the mythical 99 countries that recognised Massob. The criminal elements among you started calling me to threaten me and you wrote a letter to my father saying you had authority from Nigeria to declare me wanted.
“I have the letter. I ignored you and came home where you hired 10 buses led by Uchenna Madu to come and kidnap me. Yes you tore my clothes, spat at me, even had a mock trial to assertain
the whereabouts of the Biafran Army that was then camped at Abakpa. You tortured me to force me to reveal who was sponsoring Radio Biafra and I told you that I used my savings to fund it which was the simple truth.
“During my captivity at Okwe, you told me how you kidnap people in Igboland. You mentioned a
few prominent names I will mention in my book. You hungry ferrals stole my clothes, wrist watch and money. Some of you spat at me, some poured urine on me. You fooled them into believing I was a traitor to cover the fact that you people are the traitors. You tried to humiliate me in the hope that I will be silenced forever but you failed.
“In your stupidy you made a video tape of the whole torture and kidnapping in the hope of using it to blackmail me into silence. You threatened to release the video if I criticised MASSOB criminal activities again. Little did you know the video was the proof the world needed to confirm that MASSOB was a full time crime empire. You see how daft you people are, I knew you will come up with this which confirms in your own words that you kidnapped me then later Pascal Okorie and also Benjamin Onwuka.

Nnamdi Kanu and co have been re-educating Biafrans with Radio Biafra
“When massob released me from Okwe, I took a taxi to Umuahia and was receiving attention at Ojukwu Bunker Guest House when SSS men came and arrested me. I never went to the police because I knew that as a freedom fighter, I cannot go to my enemies for help. I have rules I abide by. Nothing will make me ever go to Nigeria Police for help. It was Uwazuruike himself that told SSS that Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra he kidnapped had been released and if they wanted to question me.

“I was arrested yet again by armed men of Nigeria SSS. When I got to their headquarters at Ojike Street Umuahia the SSS Director’s phone rang. To my astonishment it was Uwazuruike enquiring if the information he gave them was correct. I was amazed when this Hausa man looked at me and said I was wasting my time fighting for Biafra. He showed me his phone and there Uwazuruike’s number was.
“I kept asking myself what type of freedom fighter would be so friendly with his oppressor. It was at that point I realised that Uwazuruike was working for Nigeria all along. So in conclusion, I did not call the police and will never call the police for a fellow Biafran not even if they come to kill me. Go and do your research. You have the video of my kidnap and ordeal, I challenge you to release it. That way we know we know who is lying.
“The worst mistake MASSOB made was to let me leave Okwe torture chamber alive. If they had the intention of continuing in their criminality they should have killed me. Biafra is the only reason why I live that was something none of you knew. You have sowed the wind now you will reap the whirlwind.”
http://igberetv.com/why-i-fell-out-with-uwazuruike-and-massob-radio-biafras-nnamdi-kanu/

Where are those e-rats bia(come)fraud.

Another ojuwku disgraced publicly.
Eyaa grin

4 Likes

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is what i av been baflin about since.WHO R D LEADERS OF BIAFRA.Ipob or Massob.U cant have 2 captains on 1 ship ...esp wen dey r enimies
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
EasternPride:

Which one makes it fake?

But Uwazuruike posted his naked pics on the electric poles in Owerri. U remember?

ignore fools when you see them
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by 1deadlugard: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
OduaVanguard:

You can say that again. Next time he may not be so lucky with the Nigerian authorities. He may actually end up dead extra-judiciously like that Boko founder, what's his name again? His fans will just weep and beat a few chests grin

when i look at comments like yours i just stop and stare and shake my head in amazement knowing fully ,

that you knew within your self that you are negative and every thing around you ,lets see how long evil will last.

can extra judicial killing ever be justify ? o.k i see that you guy's love killing people because they are not from your tribe ..

we can see how you see things . cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by cjrane: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Where is the freedom of speech guaranteed in the constitution?
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by EasternPride: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
aguiyi1:

ignore fools when you see them

Tnx, needed the reminder
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by capip120(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigeria is a fraud. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by vizboy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
That guy is just a noise maker.

trying very hard to be noticed.
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by onyiloyi(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
This Biafra thing is dead on arrival, they r fighting and betraying each other already
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
this one never reach ojuku level, he don dey flee

1 Like

Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Tonischuller(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Shud I say good for him,or good for them?
. Jez confused tho undecided
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by Macelliot(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
menabadoo:
Deeper life to build university in abia after Nnamdi kanu's threats.
What a Sarcasm!
Re: How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS by pazienza(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Of course, it is obvious that Uwazuruike was compromised by Nigeria at a point in his Biafran struggle, I had made this observation sometime ago in 2011, I just can't find that particular post.

Not that I truly believe in Kanu Nnamdi himself, I am still observing him, I am only in support of all things that will lead to Biafra becoming a reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Orelope-Adefulire SSA On Sdgs / Our Convention Holds Despite Justice Abang's Inferior Interim Order: PDP / Civil Society Groups Protest In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity, Naira Swap Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.