Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. (11567 Views)

How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) / How Do I Remove BIOS Password / Check Out My Android App (exam Prep) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
Every time I connect my phone storage to a PC, and open the drive (E: and Fsmiley it converts all the folders and files to shortcut and makes it very difficult for me to transfer files from my android to the PC, smadav always detects 121 viruses with the name Junk virus: Houdini

Every time I fix all with smadav, but it still repeats itself. Pls how can I remove the virus completely from my android, and how can I prevent the effect of the virus in future?
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Jetjacky(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
. I wanna know too. though I doubt its a virus
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by meimoks(f): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
to remove the virus use an antivirus program and scan for the virus once you've seen the malware uninstall it before it goes deeply into your cell phone and it is very advisable to not download apps that just pop up on the screen when you browse. Some like armour for Android it carries a lot of malware that will eat up all your apps. You could also consider taking your phone to a computer operator to format your phone.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Dmayor7(m): 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
since the virus is rendering your folders and files like shortcut...

Here is what to do....

Click on on the shortcuts untill you opened the one that houses your unaffected files...

Yeah, in those shortcuts, there is one that houses your unaffected files. Once you find and clicked on it, it will open in another window...

Now copy those files to a folder... I said a folder, if possible a subfolder.

Format the memory card and copy back the files to the memory card.

Why i said you should copy to a folder or subfolder in your system is because the virus is actually present in your system and it might also render the folder you newly copied as a shortcut again.

So when you have formated your memory card, you click on the shortcut again and copy back to your memory card.

After copying is completed, remove memory card immediately and install an antivirus or update the one you have. Then scan your system.

Sometimes the virus woun't allow you to install any application again thereby not allowing install an antivirus if you have none.

In that case you need to format your system.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by KelvinMega(m): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2015
the virus is present in your system it is called win32 virus The easier way is to get a reputable anti trojan program, that removes Win32 Trojan Virus as well as detects intrusions from other worse trojans
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by skoten(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
You can download this Android anti-virus software (its for android 2.2 and above) CM Security - link: http://ccm.net/download/start/download-24604-cm-security-free-antivirus
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by SUGARSON(m): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
I'M HAVING THAT PROBLEM ALSO. AND MY PC IS VERY SLOW AND SOMETIMES SAYS 'NOT RESPONDING'.
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by SUGARSON(m): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
I'M HAVING THAT PROBLEM ALSO. AND MY PC IS VERY SLOW AND SOMETIMES SAYS 'NOT RESPONDING'.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by bowofolu(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
If you're sure that it's an android virus. Then go to settings and FORCE STOP all your apps except for the ones you trust completely. Then see what happens.
Have you tried using an Android file manager on your phone?
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
bowofolu:
If you're sure that it's an android virus. Then go to settings and FORCE STOP all your apps except for the ones you trust completely. Then see what happens.
Have you tried using an Android file manager on your phone?

Yes, my phone is rooted
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by bowofolu(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Dapo777:

Yes, my phone is rooted
Do you see those shortcuts on your phone? If not, then it's probably an issue with your PC. Try a different PC.
If you rooted your phone, I'll suggest that you unroot it.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
bowofolu:

Do you see those shortcuts on your phone? If not, then it's probably an issue with your PC. Try a different PC.
If you rooted your phone, I'll suggest that you unroot it.

Yes I see the shortcuts on my fone. How do I remove the virus is the most important thing. Anyway someone used latest smadav version to remove the virus for me.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Talented90(m): 12:14am On Jul 14, 2015
First, unroot your phone. Then format it. . . That's the best option. . . And installing antivirus, while the virus is still there. . . Is dumb.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by nembudziya(m): 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Dmayor7:
since the virus is rendering your folders and files like shortcut...

Here is what to do....

Click on on the shortcuts untill you opened the one that houses your unaffected files...

Yeah, in those shortcuts, there is one that houses your unaffected files. Once you find and clicked on it, it will open in another window...

Now copy those files to a folder... I said a folder, if possible a subfolder.

Format the memory card and copy back the files to the memory card.

Why i said you should copy to a folder or subfolder in your system is because the virus is actually present in your system and it might also render the folder you newly copied as a shortcut again.

So when you have formated your memory card, you click on the shortcut again and copy back to your memory card.

After copying is completed, remove memory card immediately and install an antivirus or update the one you have. Then scan your system.

Sometimes the virus woun't allow you to install any application again thereby not allowing install an antivirus if you have none.

In that case you need to format your system.
is there a way to remove shortcut virus from the system without formatting.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by nembudziya(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hv u really substantiated that a shortcut virus is a win32 trojan. Kindly gv links of your claim.
KelvinMega:
the virus is present in your system it is called win32 virus
The easier way is to get a reputable anti trojan
program, that removes Win32 Trojan Virus as
well as detects intrusions from other worse
trojans
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Borwe: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2015
Avoid smadav, worlds number one useless antivirus. Go for avast if you really like free stuff, else get Kaspersky it is the best for this win32 viruses. It will delete shortcuts and return original files to original position.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by nembudziya(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
Borwe, so are you saying if the win32 trojan is in pc system, kaspersky can remove it. I also wanted to know if win32 is a shortcut trojan virus? Thank u.
Borwe:
Avoid smadav, worlds number one useless antivirus. Go for avast if you really like free stuff, else get Kaspersky it is the best for this win32 viruses. It will delete shortcuts and return original files to original position.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Kidstell: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
the virus is on the computer system not the phone. there are some articles online on how to remove shortcut virus from your system without formatting it. once the shortcut virus is removed you can use smadav to correct the errors on your phone.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Haywhymido(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
no, try anoda anti virus, nt kaspersky. it's nt trustworthy, after sumtime of using it. it will stop updating. f.ck dem
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by nembudziya(m): 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
That does not work. Online articles define shortcut virus as a form of executable file known as the wscript which is very different from the win32 trojan that has been referred to. I do not understand. Which one isa which? Are there different forms of shortcut virus. I once encountered a shortcut on a usb stick that turned every folder to one shortcut item, that looked like a shortcut on a drive. The thing is what is the most reliable and best way to remove a shortcut virus from the computer system in its distinct variants be it win32, wscript, or any other variant? It serves no purpose to just delve on the assumption that a shortcut virus comes in a single form when in essence it has a multifarious types. The question is how do you remove a shortcut virus from a pc system. Honestly man, i am tired of pursuing online articles which have not been able to aid me in any way. Shortcut virus will @ any time become a cyber disaster as there seems to be no solution to it. Thanks
Kidstell:
the virus is on the computer system not the phone. there are some articles online on how to remove shortcut virus from your system without formatting it. once the shortcut virus is removed you can use smadav to correct the errors on your phone.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by Borwe: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
nembudziya:
Borwe, so are you saying if the win32 trojan is in pc system, kaspersky can remove it. I also wanted to know if win32 is a shortcut trojan virus? Thank u.

Yes, all you have to do is scan the infected SD card with kaspersky on PC, then it will remove all the shortcuts, return the original files, and alls cool.

The only bad thing about kaspersky is you have to keep on buying it yearly or getting its crack yearly, else it will stop updating itself. which ever you prefer.
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by SUGARSON(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
JUST TRY SMADAV ANTI-VIRUS. . I TRIED IT WITH MY LAPTOP AND IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC. . GOODLUCK!!!
Re: Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. by SUGARSON(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
JUST TRY SMADAV ANTI-VIRUS. . I TRIED IT WITH MY LAPTOP AND IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC. . GOODLUCK!!!

(1) (Reply)

Are You On The Dark Web? / C++ Beginner Discussion Room: Drop Your Codes / Letter From The Moderator - Please Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.