Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles (25958 Views)

Customs Impounds 475 Rifles At Lagos Tin Can Port Again / 2 Cameronian Boys Rape And Kill One-Year-Old Girl (Photos, Video) / Militants Invade Elepete, Igbo-Olomu In Ikorodu, 50 Killed - Africanspotlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by iliyande(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
Heavily armed men suspected to be Niger Delta militants on Monday invaded the Nigerian Customs Service Base in Oron, Akwa Ibom State, killing an officer and carting away 10 rifles.

The Police and residents of the area, who have since confirmed the incident, said the gunmen attacked the base at about 9pm.

The Nigerian Customs Marine Base is located at Esin Ufot, a fishing community in Oron Local Government Area.

A source, who requested his identity be protected, told PREMIUM TIMES that the area has come under consistent attacks by the hoodlums.

“The so-called militants attacked the Nigerian Customs Marine office in Oron and killed one officer, injured anther and went away with 10 rifles,” the source told PREMIUM TIMES. “That is the latest in the town now.”
Another source who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES lamented that the militants were becoming more daring by the day and have been wreaking havoc in many communities in the riverine area.

According to him, the militants have raided the police station, the Nigerian Immigrations Barracks and key fishing settlements in the area.

“The situation is becoming very critical nowadays as the militants now attack security operatives and local fishermen alike,” said the source.

“The other day, they ransacked a police station and later they attacked an Immigrations Base.

“From Oron waterway to Uta Ewa in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area, the militants have been robbing and killing people almost on a daily basis.

“The last time it happened here in Oron they invaded and over powered the marine police and carted away their arms while the policemen fled for their lives”.
The source insisted that the militants were better armed than the Nigerian Police, the Nigerian Customs Service and the Nigerian Immigrations Service.

According to him, the senator representing the area in the National Assembly would soon raise a motion of urgent national importance to draw attention to the menace.

In a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, the Commissioner of Police in Akwa Ibom State, Gabriel Achong, confirmed the attack.

“Yes, it is true that militants attacked the Marine Base of the Nigerian Customs Service in Oron yesterday (Monday),” Mr. Achong said. “It is also true that one Customs officer was killed and 10 rifles taken away by the militants.”

He said the Monday attack was an isolated case, denying there had been repeated attacks in the area.

cc lalasticlala

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185875-militants-invade-customs-base-in-akwa-ibom-kill-one-seize-rifles.html
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by osaslord500(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Chai
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
Militants or terrorists what's the difference

Just massacre these demons at sight

Fvck amnesty

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Kufie(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
When will we ever read about some good news?

8 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by kheart(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
They should thread carefully cos dis govt na PMB (former general). Unless ofcourse if dey want be use as target for our army.

10 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nsogbu!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Wht's really happening in this Country, any day that goes by without this sort of news is incomplete. I hope those responsible for this are brought to book.

4 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Dollyak(f): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
This will not end well.

1 Like

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by hardywaltz(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
They need their money

After Akpabio used and dumped them they all have resorted to crime.
Just like in ph where there's a bank robbery every blessed day.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by dunkem21(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
I blame the clueless one, GEJ angry

3 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by tobtap: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
i trust PMB....they will soon know say parade don change grin cheesy grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Aare2050(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
ok o. pmb how market?

8 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Mftivi: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
THIS news is a fucking decoy

2 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Johnnoah1st: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
ANOTHER BOKOHARAM IN MAKING AND THEY SAY BUHARI IS USING ATTACKING HELICOPTER TO KILL THIS PEOPLE? IF LEFT TO ME I WILL RECOMMEND AN ATOMIC NUCLEAR BOMB FROM WEST GERMANY FOR BUHARI TO KILL DIS SENSELESS MAGGOT IF NOT DAT IT CAN MISTAKELY WIPE OUT THE WHOLE COUNTRY,

I LOVE SOUTH WEST THE ONLY REGION IN NIGERIA WITHOUT MILITANT OR TERRORIST.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by kekakuz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
g
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Wetin de happen for dis kontry naaa sad
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by sexaddict08(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
una dey find trouble ba??
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by ladyF(f): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Eeyah
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by amanze15(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Chai naija which way na
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Gelengelen: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
[size=25] Nigeria! wicked people corrupt nation.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Aare2050:
ok o. pmb how market?
Think b4 u post,olodo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by RichDad1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
SE,SS = Militancy
NW,NE,NC = Terrorism
SW = Ritual Killing

Which way Nigeria, Which way to go? I love my Fatherland.......
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by otokx(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
I pity Akwa Ibom people; don't ask me why?
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Johnbosco77(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
ND militants be careful oooo. I want to sleep now so make una cool down oooo
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Trailblazer1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
They have given the dullard a good reason to leave his brothers(bokoharam) and face the Niger delta, since its obvious he's not interested in killing a northerner undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by dayo23(f): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
I reserved my comment, time for Mr President to show his stuffs.
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
They Don start again o. Next 4 years won't be funny at all

1 Like

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by lonelydora: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hian
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Goldpen: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Story
Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Wen Airstrikes Are Taken Against them.
No One Should Complain oo

4 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by LordMecuzy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
If Army and Airforce with Navy attack now people go ask why?

The customs officer killed is someones Dad and breadwinner....

3 Likes

Re: Militants Invade Customs Base In Akwa Ibom; Kill One, Seize Rifles by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Please ooh no more fighting we need peace & a stable growing economy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man In Court For Touching Neighbour's Breast In Lagos / University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Woman Detained For Tearing Maid’s Private Part With Razor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.