Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter (1404 Views)

Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? / Please Is There Anyone Who Does Phonegap / Why Do HTML5 Mobile Apps Have A Bad Reputation (cordova / Phonegap)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by adenuga558(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
can I use phonegap to create web app eg facebook if yes teach me
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by JackOfAllTrades: 2:33am On Jul 01, 2015
Yes
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
finally a fellow phonegapper/cordovan like me. so few nigerians know of this nextgen technology.

1 Like

Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
following you asap
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by akinsondan: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
ok..here we are
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by akinsondan: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2015
posted a thread earlier on this... building multiplatform mobile app using html, css and javascript.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by trytillmake(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Although Phonegap does not yet support all the plugins and functions of a native development platform, it can pretty much anything.
Basically u can design a web site in Dreamweaver an hand it over over to phonegap/cordova to turn it to an app, i think it is the next best thing to happen to mobile apps development since u do not need to learn all languages.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 12:43am On Jul 03, 2015
trytillmake:
Although Phonegap does not yet support all the plugins and functions of a native development platform, it can pretty much anything.
Basically u can design a web site in Dreamweaver an hand it over over to phonegap/cordova to turn it to an app, i think it is the next best thing to happen to mobile apps development since u do not need to learn all languages.
you can develop your own plugins for android if you know the java programming language. same goes for other platforms using their respective languages. i believe this works only with cordova since its open source.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by FincoApps(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
Phonegap is like a dream come true but I don't like it because of the need to still learn native sdk in order to create a plugin and powerful apps using Phonegap ar a little slower though
bot101:

you can develop your own plugins for android if you know the java programming language. same goes for other platforms using their respective languages. i believe this works only with cordova since its open source.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
FincoApps:
Phonegap is like a dream come true but I don't like it because of the need to still learn native sdk in order to create a plugin and powerful apps using Phonegap ar a little slower though
About the pugins, I did some search for plugins i will be using for my next two mobile apps and found thousands of plugin for almost anything you can think of, especially for android devices and most of them are on github so all you have to do is fork them and make small modifications to suit your purposes if need be.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by seunthomas: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Phonegap is a dangerous hole. If i were to advise wisely just spend the headache to learn native development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by FincoApps(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yes at first I had that thought, its until you need a feature you would understand. For example, a plugin to run app in background and simulate keypress on other applications (not itself). Even in Android that millions of people are developing for, I don't think it exists.
bot101:

About the pugins, I did some search for plugins i will be using for my next two mobile apps and found thousands of plugin for almost anything you can think of, especially for android devices and most of them are on github so all you have to do is fork them and make small modifications to suit your purposes if need be.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by thewebcraft(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
FincoApps:
Yes at first I had that thought, its until you need a feature you would understand. For example, a plugin to run app in background and simulate keypress on other applications (not itself). Even in Android that millions of people are developing for, I don't think it exists.
It doesn't but its not hard to create one..
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by thewebcraft(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
trytillmake:

Basically u can design a web site in Dreamweaver an hand it over over to phonegap / cordova to turn it to an app, i think it is the next best thing to happen to mobile apps development since u do not need to learn all languages.

"Although Phonegap does not yet support all the plugins and functions of a native development platform" - 100% Wrong..
Seriously you're speaking like a web designer who just wants to download all the premium templates for free and doesn't want to learn how to code one......
I created an Android Launcher With features like that of Solo, Nova or Go Launcher with widgets and lock screen for my Company tablet, with Cordova a.k.a Phonegap..........

1 Like

Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 8:50am On Jul 20, 2015
thewebcraft:

"Although Phonegap does not yet support all the plugins and functions of a native development platform" - 100% Wrong..
Seriously you're speaking like a web designer who just wants to download all the premium templates for free and doesn't want to learn how to code one......
I created an Android Launcher With features like that of Solo, Nova or Go Launcher with widgets and lock screen for my Company tablet, with Cordova a.k.a Phonegap..........

You are very right here. For any feature you need on any of the supported mobile platforms, all you have to do is develop the plugin if you can't find one online, ask people in phonegap/cordova communities for help(you might get it developed for free since its an open community) or part with a small sum and have someone with the requisite skill set develop one for you.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by bot101(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2015
adenuga558:
can I use phonegap to create web app eg facebook if yes teach me

If you are developing a MOBILE APP using WEB TECHNOLOGIES(i.e html, css, javascript, jquery, jquery mobile e.t.c), then yes you can. If you already know all these basic requirement(i.e html, css, javascript), then you have little to learn, mostly phonegap/cordova plugin integration with javascript and on the more advanced aspect, plugin development.
Re: If You Known About Phonegap Please Enter by thewebcraft(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2015
bot101:

You are very right here. For any feature you need on any of the supported mobile platforms, all you have to do is develop the plugin if you can't find one online, ask people in phonegap/cordova communities for help(you might get it developed for free since its an open community) or part with a small sum and have someone with the requisite skill set develop one for you.
Yeah

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! I Need An IDE / Web Developer WANTED For Immediate Employment - APPLY NOW! / Please Help! How Can I Be A Self-taught Programmer/developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.