Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,853 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office (486 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Victims In Maiduguri (graphic Pics) / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Some hours ago, I read a thread on Nairaland by TheCable on how many persons have died so far on the Book Haram insurgency since Mr. Buhari assumed office on May 29, 2015. The full gist can be obtained here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2402704/221-people-killed-since-buhari

According to the report, 221 Nigerians have been killed by insurgency since then. Though, this might not be all-inclusive because the thread was opened since last week but only brought to front page by the mod today (June 30th). More cases of bombing have been reported since that last week when the thread was originally opened. Having created the preamble, let's continue to the mathematics of the day.

This mathematics would be based on the following:
1. The figures (221) provided by the above report
2. Assumption (God forbid) that it continues at that pace (even though it may be reduced by our military to zero before one year of this administration)

Now the Maths
Question: How many persons would die of insurgency in Buhari's one year in office if 221 have already died in his one month in office?

Suggested Solution
Tips: convert the month and year to days (figures) for smooth calculus.
From May 29 to June 30 ( date of report) is 31 days.
One year equals 365 days (assume itz a non leap year)

221 died in 31 days
X will die in 365 days (where X is the unknown)
X = 221/31 days x 365 days (days will cancel days)
X = 7.1 x 365
X = 2,602.

Conclusion
** An average of 7 persons die daily from insurgency since Buhari assumed office
** About 2, 602 persons are likely to die of insurgency at the end of Buhari's one year in office.
** This is about 13, 000 deaths from insurgency ( assuming he serves same 5 years as GEJ)

NB:
** I am in no way glad with the rising death toll
** I think the presidency should look at this figure and find a way to nip it in the bud
** I still believe in the awesome intervention of God for wisdom to our president to wipe out insurgency
** It is true that Mr. President takes his time to evaluate issues as he has proven to be a "Slow and Steady" man. It is worthy of note that SLOW & STEADY no longer wins the race. FAST & CONSISTENT wins the race.

Finally,
I welcome constructive criticism from every quarter.
The Maths? cheesy grin cheesy, I Neva pass Maths exam before oooooo
Re: Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office by CountDracula(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
U didn't apply BODMAS ... Oya Do it again! Jobless persons undecided
Re: Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office by seedgreen(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Following
Re: Mathematics: See The Number Of Boko Haram Victims By Buhari's One Year In Office by donholy28(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
U don dey calculate death like say na 1,2,3...joblessness

(1) (Reply)

Rainbow Flag - Love Surpasses / President Buhari Replaces His Chief Security Officer / Aisha Buhari Verified Twitter Account Shut Down By Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.