Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! (995 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by worldz(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2009
I heard on a talk show on radio this morning that NYSC would soon be scrapped, how true is it. Anyone with reliable info concerning this?
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by Orobert: 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
I personally think it has served out its relevance. For God`s sake is mandatory and in a democratic government thing like that should be voluntary. we are not animals that would be pushed around. In my candy opinion it should be ade voluntary or else scraped.
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by Bosin(m): 1:45am On Mar 07, 2009
I think that is a mere joke dat Nysc would be scrapped,because 2me i regard it dat who ever does not go 4service is not a graduate. embarassed
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by Orobert: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2009
Bosin:

I think that is a mere joke dat Nysc would be scrapped,because 2me i regard it dat who ever does not go 4service is not a graduate. embarassed

At the moment, NYSC everything but when scraped. we can actually do without it. I think I want it scraped or made voluntary
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by aieromon(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2009
NYSC cannot be scraped
Reason - The programme is an avenue for skilled and educated personnel to go and spread their knowledge in the less developed areas of Nigeria i.e Northern Nigeria.let's look at it,would a graduate doctor go to the inner villages of Dutse or Azare to practice for even one month?the answer is no.the only region that benefits from this programme is the North.i don't have any problem with the North but it seems all the complaints about scrapping NYSC come from graduates who have served their mother(father) land in these areas.recently,no-go areas have included the Niger delta which is very volatile.

I suggest the programme should be restructured so that corpers posted into the hinterland are given incentives to have a wonderful 12month experience and not come back with tales of hardship and suffering.
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by Orobert: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2009
IF the truth must be told, the old part of Nigeria benefiting from the programme shold be the North. For God`s sake NYSC was established by a military decree.This is a democracy.
Re: Nysc Would Soon Be Scrapped! by Orobert: 12:03am On Mar 21, 2009
aieromon:

NYSC cannot be scraped
Reason - The programme is an avenue for skilled and educated personnel to go and spread their knowledge in the less developed areas of Nigeria i.e Northern Nigeria.let's look at it,would a graduate doctor go to the inner villages of Dutse or Azare to practice for even one month?the answer is no.the only region that benefits from this programme is the North.i don't have any problem with the North but it seems all the complaints about scrapping NYSC come from graduates who have served their mother(father) land in these areas.recently,no-go areas have included the Niger delta which is very volatile.

I suggest the programme should be restructured so that corpers posted into the hinterland are given incentives to have a wonderful 12month experience and not come back with tales of hardship and suffering.

Is the program stil relevant? thats actually what we should ask ourselves. Now most people serve in their own houses and still go free. I think NYSC is a SCAM and EFCC for god`s sake should check it out

(1) (Reply)

Should Youth Corpers Be Allowed To Serve At Their State Of Origin Or Region? / Corps Members Serving In Lagos Only! / Nysc Nov/dec Batch B 2016{ Bbm Chat}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.