Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri (23365 Views)

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Surprise Muritala International Airport Visit / Ngige Hosts VP Osibanjo At His Home In Alor During Father's Burial - Photos / Obasanjo And Osibanjo In Ivory Coast (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nigeria’s vice president, Yemi Osibanjo, on Wednesday arrived Maiduguri, Borno State on an unannounced official visit.
The Vice President whose flight touched ground at exactly 10:43 a.m. is currently heading to an Internally Displaced Camp to meet with the displaced.

The roads of Maiduguri is currently filled with soldiers who barricaded the road so that Mr. Osinbajo’s convoy moves safely through the streets.
Most residents of Maiduguri who were not aware of the VP’s visit were forced to return home as soldiers barricade roads or allow vehicles to pass through single lanes.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185899-vp-osibanjo-in-surprise-visit-to-maiduguri.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by akinszz: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
If to say na GEJ, he go say boko haram go kill me.

4 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by ionsman: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Government that cares.....Dazall...

38 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by change49ja: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
I just like this man. He's not lazy at all like some former VPs. This is how it's done in the western world that we're trying to copy. The VP understands that he's elected by the people to serve the people not to be served by the people.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by In2systemsTech(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Most residents of Maiduguri who were not aware of the VP’s visit were forced to return home as soldiers barricade roads or allow vehicles to pass through single lanes.

At the end of the day the resident were the ones that bear the consequence.. Why can't he make a better arrangement without disorganizing the residents?

Upon say na surprise visit... If to say he notify them, then there will be absolutely no movement... Only in Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Feranmicharles(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
All of you above me,I laff unagrin

Osibanjo didn't inform the ppl of maiduguri because he's afraid,if he annouces it,he trust boko boys gringringrin smart man

Yemi osinbade in buhari's voicegringrin

8 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
change49ja:
I just like this man. He's not lazy at all like some former VPs. This is how it's done in the western world that we're trying to copy. The VP understands that he's elected by the people to serve the people not to be served by the people.

Well, a VP should compliment his President.

Not that the office of the First Lady(a ceremonial post) will be more publicized than the office of the VP.

Thanks to Mama Peace.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by sexaddict08(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Please I can't remember but did Namadi near Maiduguri?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Bonapart(m): 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ordinary commissioner wants to see the damage is oga has caused so far

5 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by ritux: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
No be like this oh!!!
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Slipknot(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
wetin im dey find for there?
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Gelengelen: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
[size=30] when will oby ezekwesilly visit borno? [/size]

9 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Gepheral: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Luke 10:19 comes to mind..

" I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you."

My able vp is covered, fear not!

25 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by anonimi: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by DropShot: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
A working PMB + A working VP = A working FG.

Slowly but surely, we will get there.

35 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Dee60: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Great
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Jorussia(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
.VP osibanjo is a very hardworking man,yesterday he was in Abidjan and now in Maiduguri. He is going to enjoy his time as VP, because his principal ( PMB)is not power hungry. I believe pmb is giving him free hand so that he can be sure he is handing over to a capable president,come 2019 or 2023.Osibanjo may not be a political Juggernaut like tinubu or Atiku,both i can see potentials of a great leader in him.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Kufie(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
This VP reminds me of Mr Ibu. I laugh anytime I see his face

2 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by NaijaFutbol: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
ok o
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by drey076(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Good, not like samboribobo

7 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by andass(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
nice one/ hp dy will end d insurgency soon
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by berbs112(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
To do wetin nah?
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Lilimax(f): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
It's commendable.
He has to see thing himself and empathize with displaced Nigerians.
I know that one day, this cancer called Bokoharam will be history in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by Bants(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
Osinbajo for president he needs to come PDP as long as he is still a Tinubu boy he will never be legit
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by condralbede(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
How I wish osibanjo is d President of this present adminstration..... He is more coordinated than D3

2 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by ubest1(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
this man dey show hard man, l petty u, ur name will be sorry
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by sexaddict08(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
Bonapart:
Ordinary commissioner wants to see the damage is oga has caused so far

try and be reasonable....just try. you hear

19 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by bankyblue(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
that is change
Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by yorke1: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Common mere commissioner and Tinubu stooge is going to Maiduguri to deliver Daura dullardd message to his Boko guys.

2 Likes

Re: VP Osibanjo In Surprise Visit To Maiduguri by vicadex07(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
I dare to say Osinbanjo has even been more active than GEJ throughout his tenure.

GEJ only visited maiduguri cos of the pressure of the electioneering campaigns...towards the tail end of his administration grin

Timid mudafuka...

Wait a minute o, that reminds me. Who says Yorubas are cowards. Those chest beating fools who thought that the transfer of ordinary boko haram prisoners to a prison in their enclave would be the end of the world for them should come and see this o
grin

We yorubas don't make mouth...we chase your war heroes in skirt and blouse to abidjan without making noise grin

36 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Magu Ordered Arrest Of Complainant To Protect Auwal Umar Caught For Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.