Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. (3675 Views)

"Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition / Market Demolition; Owerri Elders Visit Graveside Of Their Founding Fathers. PICS / Market Demolition: No One Died, Says Okorocha; Lies, My 10-yr-old Son Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by drlaykay(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
This is just to make people understand the truth about the yesterday ladipo demolition.

I did a self-journalism,interviewed a few people, in order to truncate the on-going tribal bashing here.

According to the reliable voices I heard from,the chairman of the ladipo market nicknamed "Sege" had been notified of the demolition exercise, which is a prerequisite to building a standard and well structured market, since 18 months before the demolition date.

"Sege" was carried along in the demolition plan and he signed series of documents acceding to the development on behalf of the people he chairs.

However, he failed to convey the real information to his followers because he understood his source off livelihood (tax payed by shop owners) will automatically cease.he also collected N10,000 each from them telling them the issue had been resolved and the money served to bribe the Mushinl government authorities.Other sources confirmed the rate at which he switches from one exotic car to another.

This was all made known as the people held meetings with the Mushin local government authorities where he(sege) was speechless.
And the authority promised to look into traders getting back their goods.

This is simply a case of misrepresentation and greed and has no tribal nor political undertone.

cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by MKO4ever(m): 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
I agreed with you completely

Three weeks ago, the people of Alade market in Ikeja went on a demonstration to Alausa when they heard the news that government wants to demolish Alade market
But surprisingly, it was discovered that the chairman of the market has been notified and she was being carried along on proposed demolition. but she did not notify the other users of the market

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Adamsdelrio(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Some coconut headed igbo Brothers claimed it was a calculated provocation against the igbos...

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by seedgreen(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
Following
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by bobbiekrantz: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
I need a summarized version of this crap!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by pheesayor(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
Thank you OP, I don't understand how few Igbos want to create more enemity between Igbos and Yorubas, still trying to imagine what they stand to gain...smh

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ok. In Case this reaches the front page.
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by AustineE1: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
This i think is a failed attempt to launder the image of the ethnicly biased Lagos state authorities. It is disgusting how some tribal e-rats justified the bad intentioned action of the local authorities,simply because they think most of the victims of this act of tyranny are mainly people of the south-East. While youths all over the world are doing everything possible to stand against draconian laws,in furtherance of a better life. Nigerian youths,especially of a section of this country,are so brain-washed by their exploitive leaders into believing that life can only get better,if the People of the South East loses their sources of income and only then,can they the youths of south west be effectively competitive.
BTW,every market has an executive council,so hiding under the excuse that the chairman was informed before the demolition is so flimsy and the height of irresponsibility. Shouldnt a responsible government embark on massive enlightenment before their evil demolition,just they way they campaigned during their respective elections and am sure the government of the day didnt meet only they chairman during their campaign,the met they whole market while convincing them to vote their candidates.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by obailala(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ladipo is not the first and not the only market that is being demolished in Lagos. I don't just understand why everything has to be turned into a tribal war by paranoid people. This is simply a case of government vs the people and Rich vs Poor since Ladipo is not the only market that has been demolished. It's obvious that those fanning the embers of this tribal war do not even know the extent of damage they are doing. To whom brain is given, at least common sense is expected.

On the issue of demolition, the government ought to have given sufficient notice directly to the traders affected and even arranged some palliatives. It's very silly and irresponsible of the government to just inform 1 chairman and assume the message has been delivered. This is absolutely callous!

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by eagleeye2: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
However, he failed to convey the real information to
his followers because he understood his source off
livelihood (tax payed by shop owners) will
automatically cease.he also collected N10,000 each
from them telling them the issue had been resolved
and the money served to bribe the Mushinl
government authorities.Other sources confirmed the
rate at which he switches from one exotic car to
another.
Hmmmm. If this is anything near the truth, then I pity the youths of this country. Cos from past experiences, nothing will happen to the Sege of a guy.
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by meccuno: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
AustineE1:
This i think is a failed attempt to launder the image of the ethnicly biased Lagos state authorities. It is disgusting how some tribal e-rats justified the bad intentioned action of the local authorities,simply because they think most of the victims of this act of tyranny are mainly people of the south-East. While youths all over the world are doing everything possible to stand against draconian laws,in furtherance of a better life. Nigerian youths,especially of a section of this country,are so brain-washed by their exploitive leaders into believing that life can only get better,if the People of the South East loses their sources of income and only then,can they the youths can be effectively be competitive.
BTW,every market has an executive council,so hiding under the excuse that the chairman was informed before the domilition is so flimsy and the height of irresponsibility. Shouldnt a responsible government embark on massive enlightenment before their evil domilition,just they way they campaigned during their respective elections and am sure the government of the day didnt meet only they chairman during their campaign,the met they whole market while convincing them to vote their candidates.
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
I don't care!
I want war...
I've been training with cutlasses and swords since last month...
what is delaying the impending civil war sef?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by OduaVanguard: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
AustineE1:
This i think is a failed attempt to launder the image of the ethnicly biased Lagos state authorities. It is disgusting how some tribal e-rats justified the bad intentioned action of the local authorities,simply because they think most of the victims of this act of tyranny are mainly people of the south-East. While youths all over the world are doing everything possible to stand against draconian laws,in furtherance of a better life. Nigerian youths,especially of a section of this country,are so brain-washed by their exploitive leaders into believing that life can only get better,if the People of the South East loses their sources of income and only then,can they the youths can be effectively be competitive.
BTW,every market has an executive council,so hiding under the excuse that the chairman was informed before the domilition is so flimsy and the height of irresponsibility. Shouldnt a responsible government embark on massive enlightenment before their evil domilition,just they way they campaigned during their respective elections and am sure the government of the day didnt meet only they chairman during their campaign,the met they whole market while convincing them to vote their candidates.

Boy, you and your fellow bigots can do your worst and go to hell!

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Femolacaster(m): 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Where is Jimichukwu Agbaje to come and save them?
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Princess042(f): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
They should have at least allow them carry their wares
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by IGBOSON2: 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
OduaVanguard:

^^^Fool.....is this all you have to say to counter his post!?

You bigoted bastards hate Igbos on the one hand; yet on the other are doing absolutely nothing to help end this charade of a country.....so you can dictate freely the terms of stay for the 'pesky yeebos' and even limit their numbers in your new country!

Could it be that you're afraid of what your Hausa/Fulani allies up north will think of your decision to go it alone.....or could it be that you're afraid you can't survive on your own without the free oyel money you presently get? Which is it!?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by sKeetz(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
I know this things are truth but do you know the basic things are not what you say but God is able and he can do many things for us and I will advise that you make a plan not to do whatever in life but dont judge my brother cause God sees everything. He has not lived if he has not been here for a while but I think y'all should just chill and appreciate the fact that I did not do as I had planned. I truly believe that God Himself brought you down from the glorious heavens above to be forever my angel. I dont like this that happen. I will make sure I appoint myself the governor before I become the president. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder in earth or even in hell. So help me God!!
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
I only blame my Biafra brothers who believed in this zoo.

Zoo!
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by OduaVanguard: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
IGBOSON2:

You bigoted bastards hate Igbos on the one hand; yet on the other are doing absolutely nothing to help end this charade of a country.....so you can dictate freely the terms of stay for the 'pesky yeebos' and even limit their numbers in your new country!

Could it be that you're afraid of what your Hausa/Fulani allies up north will think of your decision to go it alone.....or could it be that you're afraid you can't survive on your own without the free oyel money you presently get? Which is it!?

You and your fellow bigots can do your worst and go to hell!

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
[s][s]
AustineE1:

Trash

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by after1: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
[s]
IGBOSON2:

[/s]

You can continue to curse till tomorrow, your rant and curse ends on nairaland. You want Yoruba to help you get out of Nigeria, you must be senile. Go and die asap.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by hakeem4(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I don't care!

I want war...

you want war but you've never carried a gun before
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by cirmuell(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
MKO4ever:
I agreed with you completely

Three weeks ago, the people of Alade market in Ikeja went on a demonstration to Alausa when they heard the news that government wants to demolish Alade market
But surprisingly, it was discovered that the chairman of the market has been notified and she was being carried along on proposed demolition. but she did not notify the other users of the market
Alade market? Chai.
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Super1Star: 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ladipo was demolished and nothing happened.

Next is Alaba. Guess what,nothing will happen too.

We own the land and the people leasing the land and we will do as we so wish with them.

Let them bring on their worse.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by dadexcel: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
OduaVanguard:

. Folks that talk like you have just done are either blinded by hate, profusely uninformed, lazy, or too parochial in their thought process! A municipal council closes a market as large and strategic as ladipo without properly informing the traders, not to talk about the public that uses the market and you are here exposing your huge ignorance. Peoples means of lively hood has just be stopped for an excuse as flimsy and uncordinated as 'rebuilding the market' and you see it as a platform to vent your pathetic hate speech! For starters, shouldn't due process be applied in doing things like this if there is indeed no uterior motive? What ever happens to phasial rebuilding/ renovation works? These guys are responsible taxpayers, whatever happens to relocating them first before closing the market ? Its realy unfortunate that some of you youths think retrogressively, very unfortunate and disturbing indeed! We are all blessed!

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by OduaVanguard: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
dadexcel:
. Folks that talk like you have just done are either blinded by hate, profusely uninformed, lazy, or too parochial in their thought process! A municipal council closes a market as large and strategic as ladipo without properly informing the traders, not to talk about the public that uses the market and you are here exposing your huge ignorance. Peoples means of lively hood has just be stopped for an excuse as flimsy and uncordinated as 'rebuilding the market' and you see it as a platform to vent your pathetic hate speech! For starters, shouldn't due process be applied in doing things like this if there is indeed no uterior motive? What ever happens to phasial rebuilding/ renovation works? These guys are responsible taxpayers, whatever happens to relocating them first before closing the market ? Its realy unfortunate that some of you youths think retrogressively, very unfortunate and disturbing indeed! We are all blessed!

Story for the gods. There's nothing Yorubas will do that will satisfy igbos in Nigeria or Lagos; no matter how generous or magnanimous we are towards you all,you will always hate us, so that jargon you just wrote is nonsense to me.

Again, you and your fellow bigots can do your worst and go to hell!

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
People should calm down. We don't have to be confrontational over this. Though I don't subscribe to demolision of market because it is counter-productive to both the government and the traders. I think the best thing to do is for us to appreciate the situation and propose a way forward. We shouldn't be fighting over every issue

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Anyone that wants to get confrontational should go ahead. Vacant residents abound in the lagoon!

#YouWereWarned

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by cirmuell(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I don't care!

I want war...

lol ur craze no be here grin.

You guys can achieve your Biafra dream though without shedding of blood.

What you need is referendum, you should fight to have this instead of spreading hate all around. How many Igbos really want Biafra? How many of your elites really want out?(it even these ones that matters a lot, what's their stance on this agitation?).

As it is now you people are just talking loud no reasonable action. Hate speech, propaganda and online thuggery won't solve shìt, the only thing it will probably do is incite people to violence and the end result; another war, but you should ask yourself...how many of your people really want war at this age or are prepared for it?.

If you guys don't get your shìts together you'll just keep screaming till eternity, no one will ever take you serious. IMO

#War is not the way, don't be selfish.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by dadexcel: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Story for the gods. There's nothing Yorubas will do that will satisfy igbos in Nigeria or Lagos; no matter how generous or magnanimous we are towards you all,you will always hate us, so that jargon you just wrote is nonsense to me.

Again, you and your fellow bigots can do your worst and go to hell!
. ...............talking about hell, am sure you will give us some briefing about what it looks or feel like being in hell because with this amount of hate in you and your likes, am sure you are a land owner there already! My earnest prayer is that God will deliver you and folks like you from there! Amen!
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by belzabull(f): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
so what stopped the state govt from communicating directly to the traders?
Re: The Truth About The Ladipo Market Demolition. by AlPeter: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
dadexcel:
what the government did is wrong but making it sounds like it's because we are igbos is worst, Mushin market not the main one was demolished and rebuilt the market was dominated by Yorubas, same un Oshodi and a lot of other markets even some have their houses destroyed without compensations being given

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Was Right To Stand Up To JP Morgan / Court Stops Zamfara PDP From Holding Congress / Ndigbo B'anyi, Why Do You Enjoy Attracting Hatred?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.