Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,382 members, 7,836,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Farmers Are Kings (AGBE LOBA) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers Are Kings (AGBE LOBA) (1041 Views)

Where Every Farmers Are Going Now: Internet! / Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farmers Are Kings (AGBE LOBA) by kollymore1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
In the past, Agriculture was the main thing in Nigeria. As a nation we earned all our income from commodities trading, made so much from exporting cocoa among other crops. The farmers were doing well and our economy was doing so great that our naira fared better than the pounds and dollars.

When we discovered oil, Agriculture became relegated to the background and our economy became majorly oil dependent.
I could still remember my primary school days when we were taught about the groundnut pyramid in the north, Timber from sapele, cocoa from the west among others but all long gone.
Imagine, we are the largest producer of Shea butter but Ghana is the largest exporter of same in Africa.

And despite all the income we have realised since the oil boom era till date, we have little or nothing to show for it. "Few people dey chop bigi money the rest dey hungry". But the poor farmers have been feeding the nation all along from north to south.

Now that the reign of oil is gradually taking a downward trend with oil price hitting its lowest in a long time, I believe commodity trading is on its way to its rightful place (the top) and our farmers can be proud of their chosen carrier once again.

It is time to go back to the FARM, there is more potentials in AGRIBUSINESS.

'Agbe loba'

.. we can grow together.
Re: Farmers Are Kings (AGBE LOBA) by Chioma99(f): 10:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
please is water leaf farming really profitable?

(1) (Reply)

Broilers With Average Weight Of 2.5kg For Sale / Is There Anyone Rearing Rabbits In Ijebu-ode?. / My Lecturer Has Turned Me To A Herbalist! Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.