Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks (460 Views)

IGP Idris Orders Dismantling Of Road Blocks Nationwide / FG Disbands Arms Probe Panel / Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks by hansyllo(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase, has ordered Commissioners of Police (CPs) to disband road blocks set up by local government officials on highways to collect revenue.

The order is contained in a statement issued by the Force Public Relations Officer, CP Emmanuel Ojukwu, on Wednesday.

The statement said the order followed reports that the act disrupt free flow of traffic, and was being used to extort and harass motorists on the highways.

It stated that “henceforth, any local government staff found wanting in this regard will be made to face the full weight of the law.’’ (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/444118/ig-disbands-lg-revenue-collection-road-blocks
Re: IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks by ifeanyija(m): 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
They won't listen. Go to Onitsha in Anambra State and parts of Edo State you'll still find them there.
Re: IG Disbands LG Revenue Collection Road Blocks by Honeyking(m): 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
grin > grin Glory to God ooo. I have suffered in the hands of those touts. @ least am free till when I change my no plate to private.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbosola: His Sins And The Cross / My Plight, The Reality About Naoss / FG Discontinues Payment To Ex-militant's Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.