Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun (932 Views)

Bolaji Abdullahi To Become APC Spokesman (photo) / Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by CharlesPhc: 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
ABUJA–National chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Oyegun Wednesday expressed optimism that his party would win the forthcoming governorship election in Bayelsa State.
Bayelsa which is the home state of the immediate past Nigeria’s President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is currently under the control of the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

Oyegun spoke in Abuja when a delegation of some People Democratic Party (PDP) leaders from the state led by Senator John Joko, came to consult with the APC leaders.

Members of the delegations were perfecting plans to ditch the PDP for APC.

Oyegun promised to assist them in defecting to ruling party.

He said: “I want to say clearly that the leadership of APC is very happy that people of your caliber have finally seen the truth about what is going on in all the PDP governing state.”

“So nationally we are on the rescue mission. What you have come to tell us today is that Bayelsa state has come to seek for rescue. You are mostly welcome. I think you need to look into all the APC state and see what the true transformation is all about.”

“It is my prayer that by the end of this year, we will be able to add Bayelsa to the member of the progressives states, I will be very glad indeed to welcome you into the family.”

Meanwhile, the former governor if the State, Timipre Sylva who accompanied the PDP members denied having ambition for the governorship seat.

When asked whether he will contest the coming governorship election, he said: “I don’t know yet, that’s the honest answer, I don’t know yet. My role is to make sure APC wins the governorship in Bayelsa, that’s my role. The APC is going to win, that we are very sure about.

On division APC leadership in Bayelsa he said: “There’s no division at all, it’s just some miscreants of course sponsored by the present administration, it’s people who are not even members of the party making some noise. The party is intact, everybody is intact in the party, we don’t even want to discuss them.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/bayelsa-will-become-apc-state-soon-oyegun/#sthash.Il8ee5gL.dpuf
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by samutd4u(m): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
Eh eh
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
LOL... Just can't imagine the kind of look that will be in MAMA peace eye after reading this news. cheesy
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by Young03(m): 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
If it becomes good
if not...

Good
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by saintopus(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Just like in the nearest future Lagos and the entire SW will be dominated by PDP
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by CharlesPhc: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Well there may be some truth in this statement since #MBuhari recently appointed a crony as an Acting INEC Chairman who would also replace the Bayelsa State REC and they would 'cook' and announce the result in their office...!!!
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by millhouse: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
With the help of the new INEC Chairman i guess
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by RijiyarLemo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
...meanwhile,PMB till 2023!
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by golddeejay(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
is he nw a prophet
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by dejavski(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Winners chapel undecided
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by dexpee4life(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Even if Buhari appoints Aisha Buhari as the INEC chairperson, Bayelsa would never be a PDP state. Has Oyegun finished predicting the NASS elections, He should Go And Die
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by Bollove: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oyegun is funny oooo ... lol But National Chairman of APC seems weak o !!!
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by merry02(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Someone who can nt win his local gov during presidential election?Smh
Re: Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun by doctokwus: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
I thought the Saraki saga should have thought APC a lesson;not to accept every former PDP member without proper indoctrination and pledge of total allegiance to the new party.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Wonderful Achievements So Far / CBN Governor Emefiele Is Harming Nigeria's Economy ~ Economist Magazine / FG Confirms Recall Of Ambassadors- Guardian News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.