Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW (992 Views)

Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / ‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by shina419(m): 4:28am On Jul 02, 2015
Egbin thermal stationNigeria’s largest power generation plant, Egbin Power Plc, is for the first time in eight years generating above 1,000 megawatts of electricity.This follows continuous investment and upgrade activities on the plant by the Sahara Power Group and Korea Electric Power Corporation, Egbin Power explained in a statement on Wednesday.Eight years ago, the plant hit the 1,000MW mark for barely two hours and never attained it again until now, according to the company.Prior to the privatisation of the plant in November 2013, the Egbin plant average generation was below 500MW due to the dismal state of its six units. At its lowest point, only two of the six units were operational, according to the statement.The Chairman, Egbin Power Plc, Mr. Kola Adesina, was quoted as saying that the feat signposted the unfolding success of the privatisation process and the power sector reform in the country.Adesina attributed the achievement partly to the direct intervention of the Federal Government in its determination to resolve the power crisis, which had resulted in recent improvements in gas supply.“This is driving the increase in power supply in the nation and boosting socio-economic development. Prior to this, we had invested heavily and had the plant ready to generate powerat full capacity, but there was no gas to do so. This, is indeed, a good development for the power sector in Nigeria,” he said.The company’s Chief Executive Officer, Dallas Peavey, also said the transformation in Egbin commenced following its acquisition by Kepco Energy Resource Limited, in collaboration with its technical partners, Korea Electric Power Corporation.He said, “Through the injection of close to N50bn in new capital into Egbin post privatisation, the Sahara Power/KEPCO partnership has brought to the power plant an unprecedented level of innovativeness, professionalism, human capital development and continuing investment in new technology. The control room panels, installed at the plant’s inception, havebeen removed and upgraded to state of the art digital panels.“The highlight of the main plant rehabilitation occurred in the first quarter of 2015, when the company successfully rehabilitated ST Unit 6, bringing an additional 220MW to the national grid and restoring the power plant to its installed capacity of 1,320MW.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/egbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw/
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by Abbey1987: 4:36am On Jul 02, 2015
Booking a space here........haters go and sleep
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by jcflex(m): 4:46am On Jul 02, 2015
In kesh voice.

Are you kidding me.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by ifeanyija(m): 4:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Good development
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 02, 2015
coold question is how much does it cost to build a thermal power plant, keep it running and delivering 1000mw.
what are d criteria for d establishment of such in the 6 geo political zone.
How much does the news say Okonjo iweala and ex petro minister burrowed from d country account because we now have a better thing to do we our money. Let them pay back.!!!!
I REP ALL UNEMPLOYED YOUTH

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by bababuff(m): 4:50am On Jul 02, 2015
It's okay. Now, get that megawatts to my house now! undecided

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by holytribe(m): 5:13am On Jul 02, 2015
Good move ny president.

I just hope those wailing waillers won't attack me. Am fully ready for them shocked
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by kulikuli26: 5:19am On Jul 02, 2015
This is actually a good development. With news like this, one is tempted to ask, is this not same Nigeria GEJ made us to believe is difficult to achieve anything good? God bless our competent leader.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by jcross19: 5:21am On Jul 02, 2015
Brainwashed nigerians will be shouting sai baba, I think this is part of our amiable president buhari magic, in one month can you see that 1kmv. Is delivered. Pmb. I wish we could a sincere and faithful president. All we have since 1960 were crooks,criminals,crafty, thieves, fraudsters and obtaining by trick leaders. I don't know where our president belong to. A good president but surrounded by thieves what will you expect.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by jcross19: 5:22am On Jul 02, 2015
bababuff:
It's okay. Now, get that megawatts to my house now! undecided
oga open your eyes in one month? Try to add a little knowledge to menu.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 02, 2015
Interesting, keep up the good work.
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by haffaze777(m): 5:28am On Jul 02, 2015
they will soon storm dis thread wif dia insult
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by dustmalik: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2015
It's amazing how things are starting to fall in place. When the head is corrupt, the whole body is affected. But when the head is honest, corrupt-free, the whole body tends to function properly. That's the situation as it's today.

Haters can continue hating, but surely, Buhari will succeed. This country shall be great again.

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by Kc3000: 5:39am On Jul 02, 2015
GEJ is still working.... grin
Re: Egbin Power Plant Now Generates 1,000MW by mistabiola: 5:40am On Jul 02, 2015
Kc3000:
GEJ is still working.... grin

Alhamdulilah!!! And Buhari will take his Glory cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Battling Boko Haram Outside Maiduguri / [photos] Akon Meets Obasanjo,osinbajo,tony Elumelu In Cote D’ivoire / As Buhari, Obasanjo Relationship Fall Apart; Former President May Return To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.