Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala (660 Views)

Dasukigate: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anennih / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala / Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by chudidonas(m): 7:15am On Jul 02, 2015
The war of words between Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State and the former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, continued, yesterday, with Oshiomhole challenging the former minister to explain what happened to the $4.1 billion she presented in her last report.
Governor Oshiomhole also challenged the former minister to explain why she never published simultaneously what was accrued to the Excess Crude Account during the period she published what was distributed.
The governor, who spoke on the state of the economy Channels Television programme monitored in Lagos, accused the minister of habitually playing around statistics.
He said: “The decision to take money from the Excess Crude Account, if she had the power, the law should have been that power is vested in the National Economic Council, NEC. NEC is an institution created by the constitution.

Oshiomhole
“What she was referring to is her own administrative arrangement. This $2 billion is the last sum, in her last report. She said we have $4.1 billion, she said so orally but it was captured in the minutes, only to come at the last minute to say oh ‘X’ is left.
“If you ask her, what is it that she paid for on the strength of augmentation, that is to say, if they were augmenting, it means that even if there is a drop in price, they will take from the Excess Crude Account to make up the difference.
“If they were doing that, you wouldn’t have the kind of situation we are in today where revenue drops by about 45 percent. I think, with all due respect to Okonjo-Iweala, she knows how to play around, (I don’t want to say, lie) with statistics. I have made this point that she kept open only part of the pages and not the entire book.
“The logic of transparency is that every minister must publish in full what is accruing to the Federation Account, month to month, and what is distributed to whom. What she has been publishing is what went to the Federal Government, each state government and local governments.
“But she has never published simultaneously what accrued during the period, out of which this said sum was distributed so that you can get the net, what was distributed from all that was collected and see what is left in the excess crude. Now you can see her changing the goal post.
“Okonjo-Iweala was a member of the National Economic Council. I was a member. I had asked her and I am on record as asking her, don’t give us verbal report on matters of Federation Account, give us written report.”

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/explain-whereabouts-of-4-1bn-oshiomhole-tells-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by donlino9: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by robinicule(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by osaslord500(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2015
Yes.

I be Edo guy bt this Man is doing nothing there. He is overhyped and very good at money laundering.
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by innofyno(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by Feranchek(m): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2015
She go definitely explain na.... that one no be news mbok!
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 02, 2015
the figures have changed again.

sanusi desease has broken out in APC cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Oshiomole do you publish your monthly IGR and fed allocation and how much you release to each ministry in your state. charity they say begins at home.

guess your beef is that she exposed how much you looted from Edo people

1 Like

Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by buzquet(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
Gradually, PMB is getting thr. We go iron d moni out of her fast ass body. Democratic thieves! !!!!

1 Like

Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 02, 2015
This mogidi governor is turning into Aregbe daily with the *gbese* piling up in EDo and him doin nothing but looking for a means to launder more money
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by SBMG(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Start this new month with brand new single...
Day 'n' Night By Mr. Ace x E.O> https://my.notjustok.com/track/4780/ace-x-eo-day-n-night-official-mrace
|Inquiries: ‎07068745658 |

Listen and Share!

Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by Segadem(m): 7:28am On Jul 02, 2015
osaslord500:
Yes.

I be Edo guy bt this Man is doing nothing there. He is overhyped and very good at money laundering.
no be ur ppl vote for am for the second term.

1 Like

Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by osaslord500(m): 7:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Segadem:
no be ur ppl vote for am for the second term.

I wonder oo.. I can't wait for him to leave.
Re: Explain Whereabouts Of $4.1bn, Oshiomhole Tells Okonjo-iweala by Mogidi: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This mogidi governor is turning into Aregbe daily with the *gbese* piling up in EDo and him doin nothing but looking for a means to launder more money

Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole's given half our allocation to Lara's family and now trying to divert attention from the sham government he leads.
NOI should ignore the midget.

(1) (Reply)

Ekpenyong Resigns As DG Of SSS / Mimiko Inaugurates Kaadi Igbeayo, Says It’ll Boost IGR / Where Are We Going In This Country? Didnt We Tell You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.