Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory (843 Views)

How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) / Automaker Robot Kills Technician In Volkswagen Plant In Germany / Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by edoyad(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2015

A robot has killed a contractor at one of Volkswagen’s production plants in Germany, the automaker has said.
The man died on Monday at the plant in Baunatal, about 100 kilometers north of Frankfurt, VW spokesman Heiko Hillwig said yesterday.
RELATED
Volkswagen closes in on Toyota as global auto leader
Auto makers bet big on robots as frequent labour stirs hit output
Japan a robot power everywhere except at nuclear plant
The 22-year-old was part of a team that was setting up the stationary robot when it grabbed and crushed him against a metal plate, Hillwig said.
He said initial conclusions indicate that human error was to blame, rather than a problem with the robot, which can be programmed to perform various tasks in the assembly process.
He said it normally operates within a confined area at the plant, grabbing auto parts and manipulating them.
Another contractor was present when the incident occurred, but wasn’t harmed, Hillwig said. He declined to give any more details about the case, citing an ongoing investigation.
German news agency dpa reported that prosecutors were considering whether to bring charges, and if so, against whom.
http://indianexpress.com/article/world/europe/robot-kills-man-at-volkswagen-plant-in-germany/
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by glimpse33(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2015
undecided[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by colossus2: 9:39am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by edoyad(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
colossus2:
https://www.nairaland.com/2419986/robot-kills-worker-volkswagen-factory

Okay, didn't know it was already here. Anyways,"I'll be back"
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by colossus2: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
edoyad:

Anyways,"I'll be back"
For?
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by otabuko(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2015
Okay, Robot, the 22 year old look like metal ba? RIP
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by edoyad(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
colossus2:

For?
I'LL BE BACK
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by DaimlerBen(m): 11:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
edoyad:
I'LL BE BACK
He either isn't a fan of the Governator or is one of the Indomie generation.
Re: Age Of Terminator :robot Kills Man At Auto Factory by DaimlerBen(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
edoyad:

I'LL BE BACK
He either isn't a fan of the Governator or is one of the Indomie generation. I so love that 'Negger, no homo!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Police Story? / CAUGHT: Volks-wagen Falsify Diesel Engine Emissions Rate / Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.