Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna (3926 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Goat Business Booms: How To Start Goat Farming Business And Start Making Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2015
Kutunban Limited want to use this platform to seek aspiring farmers/entrepreneurs to partner with us to set up one of the biggest goat farm in north west with a capacity of 1000 goats.

A business plan summary has already been drafted in a PDF format with necessary details for interested partners. Goat farming is one of the most lucrative farming venture carried out on a subsistence level in northern Nigeria. With this unique initiative we can explore the numerous opportunities in goat farming as a business. This venture is going to attract professional bodies for personnel training such as NAPRI , NAERLS, KADP as the technical support team.

The number of partners needed for the venture is unlimited and we need those who are motivated and willing to invest in a long term project.

For enquiries interested individuals should address their mails to: info@kutunban.com or Whatsapp 08123000053.

Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by alkonami(m): 10:53am On Jul 02, 2015
Here is
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello, please it is required that you write a mail to the email address stated, if you need the summary of the business plan. Subject: Goat project enquiry in Kaduna state.

Note: Don't post your email address to avoid spamming by desperate marketers. Emails posted on nairaland will not be attended to for legal and security reasons only emails sent to the aforementioned address requesting for enquiry

Just comments and observation will be needed publicly for scrutiny.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
Business plan summary has been sent to prospective partners and for those who have interest in partnering you can still send your inquiry mails to the aforementioned email.

Please for those who have seen the mail kindly post your query publicly thank you.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Those this biz involves farming goats for meat or for dairy as well? thx
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
Maple:
Those this biz involves farming goats for meat or for dairy as well? thx

Yes, Dairy and meat with support from our technical experts
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by kolokolobi(m): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
Is it possible to have a cash flow budget for this project. It's always a thin line trying to do a skill acquisition thing and do cut throat pure line business strategies. I read the part about volunteers don't know how that will work. The ROI also seems low. Too many committes too. Is a cooperative or limited liability set up. So many questions.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
kolokolobi:
Is it possible to have a cash flow budget for this project. It's always a thin line trying to do a skill acquisition thing and do cut throat pure line business strategies. I read the part about volunteers don't know how that will work. The ROI also seems low. Too many committes too. Is a cooperative or limited liability set up. So many questions.

Yes there is a cash flow budget which I didn't include in the summary of the business plan project.All financial forecast, projection and analysis is in the blue print of the business plan. The project is not a skill acquisition and about the aspect of volunteer labour, I included it to beat down cost of production but it can be reviewed by investors. Talking about committee, it is necessary because of transparency and accountability.
The ROI could be low (13%) in the first year because of the cost of purchasing the flocks but subsequently there won't be need to buy replacement because of birth also take note that goat are prolific in nature especially the good breed. Its a long time project which might yield up to 60-75% ROI with good managerial practices in subsequent cycles.

Its an LLC with an initiative to bring up partners that can explore the livestock (goat) business.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
I love inquisition from intelligent minds, because that's what business is all about.

Read the pix below by Pavore9 a nairaland member.

Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by kolokolobi(m): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Fair enough. But I'd like to see those numbers and how they pan out. When do you think the ROI of 50% can be achieved. Can this model survive the dynamics of low barrier for new entrants.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
kolokolobi:
Fair enough. But I'd like to see those numbers and how they pan out. When do you think the ROI of 50% can be achieved. Can this model survive the dynamics of low barrier for new entrants.

Kindly forward a mail requesting for financial projection and cash flow analysis. The ROI of 50% can be achieve in a couple of 24months.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
HOW THE CASH FLOW PLAN WORKS FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT FIND IT DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND

The cash flow plan is the focal point of the annual farm planning process. If the cash flow plan is prepared carefully and in sufficient detail, it will provide a financial picture of the operator's enterprise selections, input needs, feed requirements, credit needs and repayment capacity, and marketing plans.
To be most useful, the cash flow would be prepared on a projected basis; that is, it would represent a plan for the future. Actual cash flow (farm receipts and expenses) can then be compared with the projection to provide an early check on business progress and an opportunity to make timely adjustments if required.
Cash flow would be prepared on both an annual and monthly basis. The monthly cash flow is of critical importance in determining specific dates when financial support are needed, when inputs will be purchased. The use of the cash flow in estimating amounts and time of financial transactions causes some people to view the document as a whole-farm budget.
The cash flow projection estimates the flow of revenue into the farm business and the flow of expenditures out of the business. Those flows are important because they indicate when cash surpluses or deficiencies will occur.
Cash flow says nothing about profitability of the business; profitability information is available only from the income statement. Cash flow includes no consideration of inventory change, accounts payable or receivable, or depreciation. The absence of these important adjustments means that profitability decisions based on cash flow will be grossly misleading.
A cash flow projection can be developed in either of two ways. Information from last year can be used to estimate current year revenue and expenses. Adjustment of last year's information will be necessary, depending on price change and change in the farming operation. This approach is quick but may not provide a high degree of accuracy.
A more exacting approach is to carefully plan the coming year's farm operation and base the cash flow on those plans. Several steps will be required in this process.
First, the scope of livestock enterprises should be determined and detailed revenue and cost data about those enterprises should be gathered and organized; that is, enterprise budgets should be prepared. In addition to number of heard in the enterprise, decide on the technology to be used and the inputs, including machinery operations, that will be needed based on that technology. This livestock information can be used to determine annual cash flow.
Step two is to estimate monthly enterprise income and expenses. To arrive at monthly cash flow, it is necessary to estimate when variable inputs will be needed and when machinery operations will be performed. Cost of the inputs and machinery operations must be determined. It is also necessary to determine when products will be sold and the amount of revenue that will be produced. The result of this process is an estimated monthly flow of income and expenses for all crop and livestock enterprises.
Transactions related to capital investment must be planned. This will include purchases, trades, or sales of capital items. Thus, it is necessary to decide when flocks will be traded, when the funds for a new barn will be needed and their amount, when the old boars will be sold, and when a new pickup will be purchased. These transactions are included in cash flow, depending on when the transaction occurs and the amount of funds received or expended.
Nonfarm earnings should be included in the projected consolidated cash flow. Wages and salaries earned off the farm, interest income received from investments, and other nonfarm source income should be included in the month they are expected to be received.
Taxes are included in the month they will occur. Times of extra expense, such as holidays or vacations, should be planned and included in the consolidated cash flow.
Debt repayment should be planned and included for the month in which surplus funds will be available to make payment. Planning this feature of cash flow requires a review of receipts and expenses by month to determine when surplus funds are available.
The cash flow summary from the previous year is helpful in "fine-tuning" the projected cash flow. If the farming operation in the coming year will be similar to the operation during the previous year, comparisons may help in making adjustments. Those adjustments should be based on expected price or cost differences, production differences due to weather variations, or other differences between the year being projected and the one just completed.

A primary advantage of cash flow analysis is that it provides an early-warning system for the business in terms of financial affairs. When major differences between projected and actual cash flow occur, the manager should complete a review of financial transactions and production practices to determine the reason for the difference.
The focal points for cash flow analysis are total cash receipts, total cash expenses, new debts, interest and principal payments, and cash balance. Projected amounts for each of these should be compared with actual experience at least on a monthly basis. Major differences between projected and actual cash flow may indicate the need for changes in crop or livestock production plans, planned new capital investment, or planned family living expenditures.
Caution must be exercised in using cash flow to evaluate the health of a farm business. Cash flow can only indicate if current returns will pay current expenses, debt, family living, and other current obligations included in the cash flow document. An analysis of the health of a farm business should include a review of the balance sheet and the income statement, as well as the cash flow.

Excerpt from: http://extension.psu.edu/courses/meat-goat/financial-information/farm-business-analysis/analysis-of-cash-flow
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by kolokolobi(m): 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
I'm familiar with the above and so asked as it can guide me in my decision to invest. You may check my profile for email addy accordingly. Thanks.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by alkonami(m): 6:35am On Jul 05, 2015
Considering the fact that you said the no of investors is unlimited, lets say you have 50 investors and from your analysis you able to make a profit of over a million after a year, dont you think its quite very small
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2015
alkonami:
Considering the fact that you said the no of investors is unlimited, lets say you have 50 investors and from your analysis you able to make a profit of over a million after a year, dont you think its quite very small

Yes, the number of investors is unlimited because with more investors the more the expansion in production capacity. A million Naira net profit in a year is quite fair, in most business ventures the net profit is usually negative due to capital expenditure in the first year, but with continues production cycle ROI and net profit will increase greatly. The first pioneering investors will be the ones who will benefit mostly from the project because the need for financial input will be minimal because there won't be need for flock replacement as a result of birth and prolific nature of goats.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello prospective partners,

for those who have received my mails and those who are yet to get it, a new development came up concerning the project model. I and the team were advised to review the project model we took and which we did. We have changed the entire project model based on the expert technical advised we got from our professional partners, we have agreed to go into fattening production as it is lucrative and easily to break through with a capacity of 1000 goats. A comprehensive business plan will be drafted and sent to prospective emails. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by AreaFada2: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Kutunban:
Hello prospective partners,

for those who have received my mails and those who are yet to get it, a new development came up concerning the project model. I and the team were advised to review the project model we took and which we did. We have changed the entire project model based on the expert technical advised we got from our professional partners, we have agreed to go into fattening production as it is lucrative and easily to break through with a capacity of 500 goats. A comprehensive business plan will be drafted and sent to prospective emails. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the update.
I was expecting a reply to my email sent yesterday. I see no reason why 1000 goats is still not feasible with the fattening option, if we have enough investors. Demand is high in the South in the run up to Christmas for example.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
AreaFada2:

Thanks for the update.
I was expecting a reply to my email sent yesterday. I see no reason why 1000 goats is still not feasible with the fattening option, if we have enough investors. Demand is high in the South in the run up to Christmas for example.

We can review it once I mail the plan to prospective partners and we are ready to kick start.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by AreaFada2: 12:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Kutunban:

We can review it once I mail the plan to prospective partners and we are ready to kick start.

True. But maybe there are still some information that you can provide now like: How much minimum investment per person are we looking at?

Are we going to be targeting particular seasons of high demand or all year round supply?

At this planning stage now, do you welcome suggestions from prospective investors?
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Sugarpot(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
That's a nice initiative, waiting for the updated business plan. Can't wait for my papers to start working.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Sugarpot(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Got your updated plan
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by olerismith(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Return of investment is over 100 per cent after the first year in goat farming.

1 Like

Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by AreaFada2: 12:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Got the update too.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by eyoama(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
I sent you a message..but you have nt replied, please am waiting for the updated business plan. Thank you...my email..princeteka@yahoo.com
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by biggal: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
@kutun can u help me buy a goat n send to d south. If yes tell me d prize I nid 2 for now
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
biggal:
@kutun can u help me buy a goat n send to d south. If yes tell me d prize I nid 2 for now

Sorry I can't help you with such because of some factors which restrict me from doing so. I would have loved to help.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by lilmessiah(m): 2:55am On Jul 26, 2015
I've read through it & i'm very much interested about d biz
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by bizitex(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
@Kutuban,Pls have sent you a mail requesting for the Biz plan but am yet to receive it..... adeoyeoyebisi@gmail.com
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 9:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hello prospective investors, sorry for not keeping up with updates. I've not been online lately and lost access to the email account we had. For more information on the project email info@kutunban.com
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Here are some of the goats for the project, although they are few.

Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by Kutunban: 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Emails keep coming in. Post your questions here for public scrutiny.
Re: Partners Needed To Start Goat Farming In Kaduna by mfm04622: 5:34am On Aug 07, 2016
My questions are as follows,

Has the project started?
If yes, did you start it as a personal investment or was it as partnership as earlier planned?
Are you still looking for investors?
Where in Kaduna us the project located?
What is the minimum investment?
What is the expected return?
Can I get my copy of the feasibility report?

Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smoking Kiln / SESAME ! SESAME !! SESAME !!! / Live Alligator Caught.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.