Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,453 members, 7,846,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Should I Do??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Should I Do??? (452 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do??? by pipper4all(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
My GF and I have been dating since 5 years now and we have decided to get married at the end of this year. At the marriage course, I was advised to go for a genotype test as she happens to be a sickle cell carrier. I have initially done this test while I was schooling in Nigeria and they told me I don't have any traits.
However, I have just gotten a call from my GP ( General Practioner) and he said I am a carrier as well and advice I shouldn't carry on unless I don't want kids.
Is there anybody out there who has gone through a situation like this? What should I do? I'm totally confused. 5 years of blissful love down the drain?
Hmmm
Re: What Should I Do??? by Edwardhead(m): 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
touch story
Re: What Should I Do??? by bishopstan(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
k
Re: What Should I Do??? by tforever(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dude you have to take heart on this one. It can be quite sad for a 5 year love story to come to an end just like that. But you have to think about your future kids if you go on with the marriage..but if you are willing to pay the price of visiting the hospital regularly with your kids well it's your choice really. I have a couple who has this problem presently the only reason why they don't visit the hospital regularly is because right from day one they were using sickle cell management supplements for their kids it helped a lot but it was recommend by the advice of an expert in that field. Bottom line is it's your choice really. Stay blessed
Re: What Should I Do??? by pipper4all(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Cheers mate. I appreciate. I think I will have to look up the supplement you mentioned. Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Little Elizabeth Chidubem Needs Your Donations To Stay Alive / 10 Tips To Quit Smoking / Health Lecture On GARLIC And ONION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.