Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record (2490 Views)

10 People Who Died Tragically While Trying To Break World Records / See The World Mathematics Puzzle That Can Make You Mad! / Nigerian 8 Year Old Twin Breaks World Mathematics Record. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Mykel4God(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Imafidon – they passed the University of Cambridge Advanced Maths A level at age 8! They chat with GMTV’s John Stapleton.
The 8-year-old twins from Waltham Forest in northeast London are a part of the highest-achieving clan in the history of Great Britain education.
The two youngest Nigerian siblings are about to make British history as the youngest students to ever enter high school.
They astounded veteran experts of academia when they became the youngest to ever pass the University of Cambridge’s advanced mathematics exam. That’s on top of the fact they have set world records when they passed the A/AS-level math papers.
Chris Imafidon, their father, said he’s not concerned about his youngest children’s ability to adapt to secondary school despite their tender age.
“We’re delighted with the progress they have made,” he said. “Because they are twins they are always able to help and support each other.”
To Peter and Paula’s parents, this is nothing new. Chris Imafidon said he and his wife have been through this before: They have other super-gifted, overachieving children.
Peter and Paula’s sister, Anne-Marie, now 20, holds the world record as the youngest girl to pass the A-level computing when she was just 13.
She is now studying at arguably the most renowned medical school in the United States, Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore.
Another sister, Christina, 17, is the youngest student to ever get accepted and study at an undergraduate institution at any British university at 11. And Samantha, now age 12, had passed two rigorous high school-level mathematics and statistics exams at the age of six, something that her twin siblings, Peter and Paula, also did.

http://africanspotlight.com/2012/03/14/nigerian-8-year-old-twins-break-world-mathematics-record-video/

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by MosakuAW(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Whaooo!

God bless you both.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Mykel4God(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
My children can be better than this...........

Yes,THEY CAN!
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by debque(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
na dis kian children I dey pray for.....as pa sey ino know maths...
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by olaglamour(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good news
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
We Solve Anything Calculations Online Within Seconds

We are here to help. Nickzom is the way forward.
All you have to do is visit www.nickzom.com select your topic, put in your values and click calculate. Your answer showing how it was solved step by step would be out in less than a second.

How cool is that?

Share to your friends too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nyc one...smiley
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Haywhymido(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Keep it up
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by armadeo(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Anybody praying for this in " this country" is wasting his time.

Such level of brilliance can only be established in nations where it is appreciated. Immediately I saw the topic I knew it wasn't in this country.

Here they would say the child should grow according to his age. Stick to norms, there's nothing in greatness etc.killing big dreams before they even start

Am gonna get a table tennis board for my kids and get them to start playing.... Check the Williams sisters story
Who knows

1 Like

Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by hatux: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Wow shocked... That's brilliant
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by SELENAqueensy(f): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
Wow, that's really good to hear....
It's a family thingy.... They are truly blessed
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by damilareoye: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Am proud of you guys.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Agimor(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Conducive environ enhance the memory.we have alot of those type of kids here but the facilities is lacking.take a stroll to a near by primary or secondary school and you will be amazed of the state of things.Gratias,to the parents of those kids for giving them quality and sound education.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by sleeknick: 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
Frer
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Adefaze(m): 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
good news

Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by brodalikeme(m): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Oga Chris, wetin you and your wife dey chop wey all una children head dey catch fire like dis. Every child in this family is a genius in their own right. Proud parents. I envy una!
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by kenedy175(m): 12:46am On Jul 03, 2015
One of the few reasons that makes me proud to be a Nigerian. The genius Family.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by modskiller(m): 3:25am On Jul 03, 2015
May God bless them both for me.
I also pray for smarter, good and lovely children like them.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Faremisodeeq(m): 4:15am On Jul 03, 2015
Good looking twins . How i wish i was also a twins.
Re: Nigerian 8-year-old Twins Break World Mathematics Record by Ahmed0336(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
Good looking twins . How i wish i was also a twins.
What would you have done? undecided

(1) (Reply)

See How An Inventive Chinese Man Transforms 6 Tricycles Into A Mini-train / See How Sign Out Day Was Like In Federal Polytechnic, Offa Kwara State. / How Do I Get A First Class With A CGPA Of 5.00 In FUTO As A Physics Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.