Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them (3008 Views)

Can I Sue UBA BANK For Theft!!! / My Brother's Shop Was Robbed In Port-Harcourt / 15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
I have been running domiciliary account with Gtbank some yrs back.
Recently precisely on 14th of May, 2015.
They sent a mail to me concerning new rule from CBN on cash handling;find below about the said mail.

We write to inform you that in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria's Guide to Bank Charges, we will now charge a cash handling fee of 0.5% of transaction value on all cash withdrawals from your domiciliary account.
Please see below a summary of charges applicable to your domiciliary account.

1.Charges for Cash Lodgement No Charge

2.Commission on Cash Withdrawal 0.5% of Transaction Value + 5%  VAT on Fee

3.Inward Foreign Currency Transfers  No Charge

4.Outward Foreign Currency Transfers 0.5% of Transaction Value, subject to a minimum of 10 units of the currency + N4,000 Swift Charge + $25 off-shore Bank fee 

For further enquiries, kindly send an email to complaints@gtbank.com or call GTConnect; our 24 hour interactive contact centre on 01-4480000, 0700-48266628, 08029002900 and 08039003900.
Thank you for banking with us.

Last week I went to one of the branch and filled transfer form, this bank charged me for doing inward transfer.
If they actually wanted to charge me at least they would have inform,it is left for me to decide if i will continue to bank with them.

I have sent mail to them,they refuse to respond then i called gtconnect they told me there is nothing they can do about it.

From the offshore account i transfered the money to Gtbank only charged me 0.2%. How could the same bank,same state charged me 0.5%.
#exploitationfromGtbankmuststop#
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by glimpse33(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:
grin

Hmmm
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by yoddy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
joelreg:
I have been running domiciliary account with Gtbank some yrs back.
Recently precisely on 14th of May, 2015.
They sent a mail to me concerning new rule from CBN on cash handling;find below about the said mail.

We write to inform you that in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria's Guide to Bank Charges, we will now charge a cash handling fee of 0.5% of transaction value on all cash withdrawals from your domiciliary account.
Please see below a summary of charges applicable to your domiciliary account.

1.Charges for Cash Lodgement No Charge

2.Commission on Cash Withdrawal 0.5% of Transaction Value + 5%  VAT on Fee

3.Inward Foreign Currency Transfers  No Charge

4.Outward Foreign Currency Transfers 0.5% of Transaction Value, subject to a minimum of 10 units of the currency + N4,000 Swift Charge + $25 off-shore Bank fee 

For further enquiries, kindly send an email to complaints@gtbank.com or call GTConnect; our 24 hour interactive contact centre on 01-4480000, 0700-48266628, 08029002900 and 08039003900.
Thank you for banking with us.

Last week I went to one of the branch and filled transfer form, this bank charged me for doing inward transfer.
If they actually wanted to charge me at least they would have inform,it is left for me to decide if i will continue to bank with them.

I have sent mail to them,they refuse to respond then i called gtconnect they told me there is nothing they can do about it.

From the offshore account i transfered the money to Gtbank only charged me 0.2%. How could the same bank,same state charged me 0.5%.
#exploitationfromGtbankmuststop#

Dude i might not know much but i know when i do swift transfers i am given the option of paying the offshore charges or having it paid by the recipient. If your sender had chosen to have you pay this charge then GT might not be wrong...

Just my 2kobo
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
yoddy:

Dude i might not know much but i know when i do swift transfers i am given the option of paying the offshore charges or having it paid by the recipient. If your sender had chosen to have you pay this charge then GT might not be wrong...

Just my 2kobo

bro but this is not offshore so to say.
the transfer is b/w GTBANK DOMICILIARY AGAINST GTBANK DOMICILIARY all account domiciled in same state.
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Moderators pls fb I need mature response
Please
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by yoddy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
joelreg:

bro but this is not offshore so to say.
the transfer is b/w GTBANK DOMICILIARY AGAINST GTBANK DOMICILIARY all account domiciled in same state.

Yes you will be charged for that transaction...

It is clearly stated in their terms.
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by Harry4cas(m): 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
GTB exploits their customers too much.

1. WHEN YOU GET A MONEY TRANSFER FROM WESTERN UNION OR FROM EUROPE, THEY CHEAT PEOPLE IN THE CONVERSION OF DOLLARS TO NAIRA. Bloggers too complain about that too.

2. Heard they'll deduct #500 from the initial amount you used to open an account with them in the name of Atm card payment.

Gtb for sure is a good bank but they need to correct their mistakes.

Thats why i'll stick to my bank. DIAMOND BANK the bank where everything is easy and clean. The bank where every single penny that is taken from you is done the right way without exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by osile2012: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
First things first.

Click the link on my signature

Click on the rate brands button

Find Gtbank among the brands

click the logo and rate them based on your experience.

If Nigerians form the habit of rating these companies, they will value customers more and enable them improve on their service.

Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
yoddy:

Yes you will be charged for that transaction...

It is clearly stated in their terms.

dude can i see the said terms if you have any.
i hope you read the mail i said they sent to me on may of this year.

moreover, i ask one my friend that work in another bank he said they don't charge on inward transfer
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Harry4cas:
GTB exploits their customers too much.

1. WHEN YOU GET A MONEY TRANSFER FROM WESTERN UNION OR FROM EUROPE, THEY CHEAT PEOPLE IN THE CONVERSION OF DOLLARS TO NAIRA. Bloggers too complain about that too.

2. Heard they'll deduct #500 from the initial amount you used to open an account with them in the name of Atm card payment.

Gtb for sure is a good bank but they need to correct their mistakes.

Thats why i'll stick to my bank. DIAMOND BANK the bank where everything is easy and clean. The bank where every single penny that is taken from you is done the right way without exploitation.

with this devpt am nt gona use them again for this kind of transaction
the charges is unnecessary
i will be looking for friendly bank next time

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by yoddy(m): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2015
joelreg:

dude can i see the said terms if you have any.
i hope you read the mail i said they sent to me on may of this year.

moreover, i ask one my friend that work in another bank he said they don't charge on inward transfer

Theres always a notice of charges on d transfer page.

I almost made same mistake u made in 2012, that's how i know this. So i usually just walk into a branch collect from my account and pay to my recepient.

Sorry, i just observed you did your transfer over the counter... you probably wouldn't have been notified...

Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 11:14am On Jul 03, 2015
yoddy:

Theres always a notice of charges on d transfer page.

I almost made same mistake u made in 2012, that's how i know this. So i usually just walk into a branch collect from my account and pay to my recepient. [size=12pt][/size]

Sorry, i just observed you did your transfer over the counter... you probably wouldn't have been notified...

if you read the mail they sent to me you will find out that they actually said they will charge on cash withdrawal. so i dont get what point you are trying to make there.

the GTBANK is just exploiting in any slightest opportunity
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by yoddy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
joelreg:

if you read the mail they sent to me you will find out that they actually said they will charge on cash withdrawal. so i dont get what point you are trying to make there.

the GTBANK is just exploiting in any slightest opportunity

The mail the sent you is a recent development. The charge on Fx transfer locally has been there for a long while. I do not work for them neither do I have any interests in the matter. what I would like is that we apportion blames accordingly. You can go ahead and sue them... Keep it real bro.
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by joelreg(m): 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
yoddy:

The mail the sent you[size=14pt] is a recent development[/size]. The charge on Fx transfer locally has been there for a long while. I do not work for them neither do I have any interests in the matter. what I would like is that we apportion blames accordingly. You can go ahead and sue them... Keep it real bro.

hmmmmm y cant them include it in the mail since other old and recent changes was included
must i do online transaction to detect their double standard.
and no customer friendly bank charge for inward transfer
what does INWARD TRANSFER NO CHARGE MEANS?
Re: Gtbank Just Robbed Me ,how Do I Sue Them by mavinc4u(f): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Report them to consumer protection department of CBN. The mail stated it catergorically that they only charge is for cash withdrawal and outward transfer then for inward transfer, it is free.

(1) (Reply)

Longrich Company / Nigeria’s Capital Market Can Finance Infrastructure, Experts Insist / Crazy Government Bans - Soap Noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.