Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape (720 Views)

Police Arraign Whistle-Blower Over False Information On Ekweremadu's House / Police Arraign Dickson Akoh, Peace Corps Boss After 11 Days In Detention / Lagos Primary School Proprietor Charged With Rape Of 2 Pupils. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
The police on Thursday arraigned three farmers in a senior magistrates’ court in Katsina for raping a 10-year-old girl. The accused are Yahuza Musa, 20, Tasiu Abubakar, 20 and Sadiq Isyaku, 20. The trio, who reside in Dakiya village in Safana Local Government Area of Katsina State, appeared before Senior Magistrate Nafisa Bagiwa on one-count charge of rape.

rape-aThe prosecutor, Insp. Hashimu Musa, told the court that the accused committed the offence on June 11 at about 11.30 a.m. He said the matter was reported by one Isa Ali of Kitaki village in Safana Local Government Area at Safana police division at noon on June 12. He added that the complainant informed the police that his daughter, in company of her three sisters went to purchase mango in Dakiya village.

The prosecutor said the three accused accosted the sisters in the bush, where they held the hand of the victim and pushed her to the ground. He pointed out that Musa held the hand of the victim while Abubakar and Isyaku tore her skirt and pant and had carnal knowledge of her one after the other. He noted that the victim was taken to Dutsin-ma General Hospital for treatment and medical examination.

He said the offence was contrary to Section 283 of the penal code and that the police were still investigating the matter. The senior magistrate said the court would not take the plea of the accused persons as it lacked jurisdiction to do so. Bagiwa said the accused were arraigned before the court for the purpose of taking cognisance.

She ordered the case file to be transferred to the Ministry of Justice for advice and directed the police to continue investigating the matter. The judge said that when the Ministry produced the advice, the accused would be arraigned before a State High Court for prosecution. She then ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody and adjourned the matter until July 27.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/police-arraign-3-farmers-charged-with-rape/

[size=15pt]Want to discuss on more odd news? Join Naija Pips.com Forum and news portal.[/size]
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
angry
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by deadZONE: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
cool
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by hefty4real(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin Just Pretend and open your teeth until we reach FP grin
If Not just keep smiling smiley
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by glimpse33(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
LIFE IMPRISONMENT >smiley
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Precious91(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Rape everywhere cry.Lord have mercy
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
hefty4real:
OP is high on some expired kunu! shocked
how can u include google.com as a source angry
No try me oo

that's the google link to vanguard, the paper that carried it. I don't have time to open the link to copy it out. Enjoy.
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by oyindare(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Just in case
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by DaBullIT(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Burantashi is a menace
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
I s l a m a b a d
And u see dem agitating for "shariah", like dey re holy.
Hypocrites!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by hefty4real(m): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
shachris:

that's the google link to vanguard, the paper that carried it. I don't have time to open the link to copy it out. Enjoy.
Sorry Ehn! being an OP ain't easy kiss
Anyway have you verified the authenticity of the article?
Do some investigative journalism and come and tell me what you found out
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by DuchessLily(f): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I s l a m a b a d

Hahahahaha..
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
DuchessLily:

Hahahahaha..
Do u love me? #winking#
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
hefty4real:

Sorry Ehn! being an OP ain't easy kiss
Anyway have you verified the authenticity of the article?
Do some investigative journalism and come and tell me what you found out

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/police-arraign-3-farmers-charged-with-rape/

Better now?

[size=15pt]Want to discuss on more odd news? Join Naija Pips.com Forum and news portal.[/size]
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by DuchessLily(f): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Do u love me?
#winking#

undecided
Re: Police Arraign 3 Farmers Charged With Rape by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
DuchessLily:

undecided
Lol, see as u squeeze face like person weh drink bitter medicine(agbo)

(1) (Reply)

Disaster: Woman Plunges To Death Trying To Take A Selfie! / Caption This Picture For Me: Kai Oshimole And Fashion LMAO / What Is More Valuable Than Monetary Wealth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.