Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples (3526 Views)

FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Gay Law In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by princebishop(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Linda Barnette, a county clerk for Mississippi for the
past 24 years has resigned because she cannot issue
licenses to gay couple due to her religion.

" I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the
Bible is my final authority,the Bible teaches that a
marriage is to be between a man and a woman.

Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S.
Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as
Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to same sex
couples."

35 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
See true follower.

20 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by 13regular: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
God bless you Ma!

24 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by slowice(m): 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
Its againsT her religion n as a follower of christ the bible is her final authoritÝ....all I see is a good christian standing on d lord's side

30 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Onward Christains Soldiers.

15 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Bibidear(f): 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ma,i love ur integrity, God bless u

16 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by NaijaTweets(m): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
Please wait and issue license to Obama and Mugabe before you resign... grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
I wish God go change d criteria to enta heaven make e be u must be straight to enta d kingdom of God e 4 make brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Starships4u(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
I love this..... Upright woman....

10 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Acts 5:29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

12 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Ideyontop: 12:13am On Jul 03, 2015
God bless you ma

7 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by hedonistic: 12:44am On Jul 03, 2015

I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the Bible is my final authority. The Bible teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and a woman.

Powerful!

12 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by modskiller(m): 3:37am On Jul 03, 2015
May Allah bless you ma

7 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by mistabiola: 3:43am On Jul 03, 2015
princebishop:
Linda Barnette, a county clerk for Mississippi for the
past 24 years has resigned because she cannot issue
licenses to gay couple due to her religion.

" I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the
Bible is my final authority,the Bible teaches that a
marriage is to be between a man and a woman.

Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S.
Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as
Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to same sex
couples."

Love her so much. Muah kiss
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by trapQ: 3:52am On Jul 03, 2015
one bottle of shawarma for this woman pls.

3 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Seleybobo(m): 3:54am On Jul 03, 2015
If I ever become the president of nigeria, the first thing I will do is to legalise same sex marriage. Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by cococandy(f): 3:58am On Jul 03, 2015
That's good.
Live by your words.

4 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by boboLIL(m): 4:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Madam ah l0ve f0r u standin 0n wah d Bible says....u r blessed indeed.. May G0d grant u an0da J0b....amen... There are s0me g00d fell0ws in USA still...

3 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by jireh250: 4:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Amazing!
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by eneji50(m): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2015
My pocket my concern Certified ebira boy...Navo ooo
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 03, 2015
Many people say legalising gayism shouldn't be a problem to them cos its none of their business what two adults do in private.

True christians will do away with anything that might want to implicate them in the gay movement.

Soon, people won't be able to get employed if they don't support gayism.

Sodom and gomorah wanted to kill lot for not allowing them sleep with the 2 angels that visited him.

If you don't become like them, they'll make life unbearable for you.
The bible says you won't be able to buy and sell unless you support the 666

5 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by aminho(m): 5:46am On Jul 03, 2015
slowice:
Its againsT her religion n as a follower of christ the bible is her final authoritÝ....all I see is a good christian standing on d lord's side
IF ITS A MUSLIM IN NIGERIA NOW YOU WILL HAVE SAID IS ISLAM SUPERIOR TO THE LAWS OF THE LAND

2 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by brixton: 5:46am On Jul 03, 2015
We still have many upright and religious people in this USA.

I know of a particular president that's planning reverse the anti gay laws in his home country after July 21st.

2 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by arabbunkum: 5:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Conscience.

3 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by unitysheart(m): 6:12am On Jul 03, 2015
Seleybobo:
If I ever become the president of nigeria, the first thing I will do is to legalise same sex marriage. Gbam!!
That's why you'll never become one!

6 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by okoocheche(m): 6:15am On Jul 03, 2015
see brave woman, God bless you.
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by MKO4ever(m): 6:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Good
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2015
These are d real christians.. not d hypocrites dat can even work in a brewery and still call demselves xtians...well I m considering working at d brewery... d miney plenty yet I no b hypocrite......
Strong woman she is...

2 Likes

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2015
oh no
END TIME
Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:13am On Jul 03, 2015
Am i the only person that gets angry whenever i see "U.S" or "America" nowadays

EVIL COUNTRY!!!! God's wrath is coming for youangry

Z.R

1 Like

Re: Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples by iamrealdeji(m): 7:19am On Jul 03, 2015
She's so beautiful

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Wore This And Wailers Wailed(photos) / Billionaire's Son, Michael Uzor Kalu Develops World's Money Spilling Game / Don Wanny's Mansion Demolished By Federal Govt. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.