Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 (5517 Views)

Locally Used 2003 Volkswagen Transporter T4 Bus / Volkswagen Transporter T4 Bus For Sale. / Volkswagen Transporter Bus For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 6:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Am in need of VW transporter T4 bus, so whoever that want to sell can state its intention with detail picture here. Pls note that the bus should have the following details as follows:

1. Manual Transmission with clean engine.

2. Petrol engine as default engine from factory of production and preferable 5cyl, but can consider 4cyl too.

3. Its inner back should have chair, and will prefer factory chair that follow it.

4. Clean to certain extend with minimum rust.

Am going to be online always and will contact anyone that offer better bus for me. Thanks in advance.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Damolux01(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2015
I'm also in need of one. When you finally get a seller, pls don't forget to mention me here. Thanks bro!
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
Damolux01:
I'm also in need of one. When you finally get a seller, pls don't forget to mention me here. Thanks bro!
Where is your location? Also can I have your mobile phone number, because am planning to inspect one in the next coming week and probably if okay am going to buy it. If you are ready we can make the journey together and see how the inspection will be.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2015
Hi

What is your budget ?
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
Hi

What is your budget ?

I will appreciate if you upload the pix of the one in your custody and its price. Thanks.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2015
I'm based in Europe thats why i'm asking about the budget.

I'm assuming that you want to buy this T4 for a taxi purpose.
For taxi the engine need to be really strong, it's need to be with manual transmission :
This Vw - T4 , transporter, caravelle, from 1991 to 2003 year model all of them are the same. they put face lift in 1999 if i'm correct.
You have 2 version of chassis long and short.

You can choose between diesel and petrol engine.
Diesel 1.9 diesel, 1.9 turbo diesel , 2.4 diesel , 2.5 turbo diesel
Petrol 1.8 petrol, 2.0 petrol, 2.5 petrol, 2.8 petrol

The best choice for taxi will be 2.4 diesel, cos there is no turbo charger and this diesel engine it's really strong if ofc you will buy good car not typical trash.
It's burning much less fuel than the petrol one, cos normal consumption is about 6-8 l / 100km, in crowded cities maybe 9l.
So the best option for You will be to buy long chassis 2.4 diesel in good condition.

Best regards Oktawian

3 Likes

Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
I'm based in Europe thats why i'm asking about the budget.

I'm assuming that you want to buy this T4 for a taxi purpose.
For taxi the engine need to be really strong, it's need to be with manual transmission :
This Vw - T4 , transporter, caravelle, from 1991 to 2003 year model all of them are the same. they put face lift in 1999 if i'm correct.
You have 2 version of chassis long and short.

You can choose between diesel and petrol engine.
Diesel 1.9 diesel, 1.9 turbo diesel , 2.4 diesel , 2.5 turbo diesel
Petrol 1.8 petrol, 2.0 petrol, 2.5 petrol, 2.8 petrol

The best choice for taxi will be 2.4 diesel, cos there is no turbo charger and this diesel engine it's really strong if ofc you will buy good car not typical trash.
It's burning much less fuel than the petrol one, cos normal consumption is about 6-8 l / 100km, in crowded cities maybe 9l.
So the best option for You will be to buy long chassis 2.4 diesel in good condition.

Best regards Oktawian
I read your input above and once again thank you so much.
I will love to use or buy diesel engine bus, but due to area of use couple with lack technician that can maintain or repair the course of doing so. Am not buying anything diesel engine.
The truth is if u are in Europe, just don't bother because inspired moto scam of this day has discourage me when it come to pre order. I just want the bus am going to see in naija soil, inspect, pay and drive home once and for all.

1 Like

Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am not let's say a typical car dealer, I'm a mechanic engineer from Poland that helps to buy cars and trucks for my Nigerian friends. And i really understand You,
Cos let's say i'm in the business and even I was almost scammed. Almost cos i have a lots of friends back there in Nigeria.

I can imagine the worst scenario that is when your car broke down and there is no one who can fix it properly, I had this situation last year when i visited Lagos. And I will not wish something like this happen even to the my worse enemy.

I can just tell You to check really well ANY car you would want to buy. Cos they bringing the worst and the cheapest trashes they can find in european car market.It doesn't matter if it is petrol or diesel, no one cares about technical condition of those cars, only the last price matter.

Back to this 2.4 diesel engine, it's non turbo one so servicing is much more easier for even road mechanic, there is one issue on this engine, it has 2 timing belts ! one is for crankshaft and camshaft , 2nd is for injection pump. Not everyone know this ...

And basically, this type of engine is very easy to fix even here in nigeria if you will find proper person ...

Petrol engine 2.5 5 cylinders has only one timing belt, there is no injection pump, but you need to have a computer to scan time to time the car, cos there is a lots of sensors that can be faulty and in the end the car will be burning much more fuel , will not start etc.

And as far i know Nigerians, the best way of fixing any car is to change engine to tocumbo one smiley

Regards Oktawian

3 Likes

Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
I am not let's say a typical car dealer, I'm a mechanic engineer from Poland that helps to buy cars and trucks for my Nigerian friends. And i really understand You,
Cos let's say i'm in the business and even I was almost scammed. Almost cos i have a lots of friends back there in Nigeria.

I can imagine the worst scenario that is when your car broke down and there is no one who can fix it properly, I had this situation last year when i visited Lagos. And I will not wish something like this happen even to the my worse enemy.

I can just tell You to check really well ANY car you would want to buy. Cos they bringing the worst and the cheapest trashes they can find in european car market.It doesn't matter if it is petrol or diesel, no one cares about technical condition of those cars, only the last price matter.

Back to this 2.4 diesel engine, it's non turbo one so servicing is much more easier for even road mechanic, there is one issue on this engine, it has 2 timing belts ! one is for crankshaft and camshaft , 2nd is for injection pump. Not everyone know this ...

And basically, this type of engine is very easy to fix even here in nigeria if you will find proper person ...

Petrol engine 2.5 5 cylinders has only one timing belt, there is no injection pump, but you need to have a computer to scan time to time the car, cos there is a lots of sensors that can be faulty and in the end the car will be burning much more fuel , will not start etc.

And as far i know Nigerians, the best way of fixing any car is to change engine to tocumbo one smiley

Regards Oktawian

Thanks for the info, am going to use them during my search here in naija.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Damolux01(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
calculation:

Where is your location? Also can I have your mobile phone number, because am planning to inspect one in the next coming week and probably if okay am going to buy it. If you are ready we can make the journey together and see how the inspection will be.
My contacts are written below sir! Thanks.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Damolux01(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:

Regards Oktawian

You've really done justice to this, what about 1.8l petrol...I think it shouldn't consume much fuel since the litre size is not too big.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
This van, as every van is heavy. Its weight is about 2 tons.
Now imagine you will put inside 10 maybe even 14 people multiply by 70 kg each of them , it will give You another 1 ton ...

So we have 3 tons van, now 1.8 petrol has 67 horsepower and 140 torque ...
67 hp /3000 kg give us 0.023 hp on each kg of the van's weight.
2.5 has 115 hp and 200 torque , and it's 5 cylinder not 4 like 1.8 !
115 hp /3000 kg = 0.038 hp on kg. So the engine is almost two times less stressed than this 1.8 engine.

And about fuel consumption, to drive normally with 1.8 like this 2.5 petrol you need to push gas pedal harder almost a double ... thats why this 1.8 petrol will burn much more fuel instead of this 2.5.

I dont know if you get me, but it is like that with the engines. Not always buying small engines will give you high MPG

And to be honest, i did not seen this vw T4 with 1.8 petrol engine at all, never.
2.0 yes but not 1.8.

If it will be short chassis it can be with 2.0 petrol, it's sharing the engine with Golf III and other vw cars. So to fix it will be really easy and cheap.

But if you want ot buy long chassi ... it's need to be 2.5 petrol.

So for me as a guy who know how to fix them, the best option for DANFO bus is 2.4 if it's vw T4, then you have this 2.5 and 2.0 petrol one.

Regards Oktawian

1 Like

Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
This van, as every van is heavy. Its weight is about 2 tons.
Now imagine you will put inside 10 maybe even 14 people multiply by 70 kg each of them , it will give You another 1 ton ...

So we have 3 tons van, now 1.8 petrol has 67 horsepower and 140 torque ...
67 hp /3000 kg give us 0.023 hp on each kg of the van's weight.
2.5 has 115 hp and 200 torque , and it's 5 cylinder not 4 like 1.8 !
115 hp /3000 kg = 0.038 hp on kg. So the engine is almost two times less stressed than this 1.8 engine.

And about fuel consumption, to drive normally with 1.8 like this 2.5 petrol you need to push gas pedal harder almost a double ... thats why this 1.8 petrol will burn much more fuel instead of this 2.5.

I dont know if you get me, but it is like that with the engines. Not always buying small engines will give you high MPG

And to be honest, i did not seen this vw T4 with 1.8 petrol engine at all, never.
2.0 yes but not 1.8.

If it will be short chassis it can be with 2.0 petrol, it's sharing the engine with Golf III and other vw cars. So to fix it will be really easy and cheap.

But if you want ot buy long chassi ... it's need to be 2.5 petrol.

So for me as a guy who know how to fix them, the best option for DANFO bus is 2.4 if it's vw T4, then you have this 2.5 and 2.0 petrol one.

Regards Oktawian
I got all the analysis you wrote here and already am buying 2.5 5cyl types.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Damolux01:
My contacts are written below sir! Thanks.
BBM request sent to u.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
If you will see anything worth to buy , paste the pictures here, i can always help to check the car even by the pictures.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
If you will see anything worth to buy , paste the pictures here, i can always help to check the car even by the pictures.
Okay sir, am going to keep u posted. Do u also spare part sourcing in large quantities?
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by boliano(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
I can get u d VW t4 2mao being Monday, .......

Clean reg n well maintained toyota camry tinylight is up 4s grab!
V6 alloy ac fab n more
Price 540k

Few month reg toyota 4runner 2002 Model
Alloy aux fab ac cd player n more
Price 1m

Clean used mercedes benz c240 is up for sale
Auto, leather, alloy, ac, cd player n more,
Price 500k
Location igando.

Clean reg toyota corolla 2004 mode fab alloy ac cd player n more
Price 800k

Reg acura TL 2000 mode painted leda alloy n more 320k

Reg golf3 manual ac alloy 370k

Toks honda babeboy 99 model, fab ac i4 n more
Price 600k

Clean reg 2005 honda crv is up for grab, auto alloy fab, 1st body n more,
Price : 900k

Clean reg 05 lexus GX470 leda alloy ac 3rows n more
Price 2.350k

Reg toyota prado 2005 model leda alloy ac n more
Location lekki
Price :- 2.2m

Reg 05 LR3
Location Akesan
Price 2.3m

Toks 08 toyota corolla sport i4 fab alloy n more
Location Akesan
Price 2.2m

Toks 08 toyota rav4 fab alloy ac n more
Location akesan
Price 2.5m

Toks toyota camry bigdaddy 04 model with 05 spec,
Auto, fab, formical, ac, bluetooth, cd player n more
Location akesan
Price 1350k

Toks toyota camry 2007 mode with full options is up for grab
Leather, Alloy,I4 hybrid engine, Dvd, Ac
Cd player n more
Location Akesan

Price 1.8m

Toks toyota corolla 2001 model
Auto, power window/doors, sound i4 engine, ac n more
Location akesan
Price 730k

Toks honda element 2003 model fab, alloy ac, auto n more
Location Akesan
Price 1m

Toks volvo wagon leda alloy ac auto, n more
Location akesan
Price 900k

Feel free to contact KINGS AUTO&PROPERTY for any of your dealing with Auto or real estate, we are always at your service.....

Kings Auto&property
Klm10 lasu-isheri exp rd, akesan, lagos
08071238667 watsap
Bbm 2B9316D2
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
boliano:
I can get u d VW t4 2mao being Monday, .......

Clean reg n well maintained toyota camry tinylight is up 4s grab!
V6 alloy ac fab n more
Price 540k

Few month reg toyota 4runner 2002 Model
Alloy aux fab ac cd player n more
Price 1m

Clean used mercedes benz c240 is up for sale
Auto, leather, alloy, ac, cd player n more,
Price 500k
Location igando.

Clean reg toyota corolla 2004 mode fab alloy ac cd player n more
Price 800k

Reg acura TL 2000 mode painted leda alloy n more 320k

Reg golf3 manual ac alloy 370k

Toks honda babeboy 99 model, fab ac i4 n more
Price 600k

Clean reg 2005 honda crv is up for grab, auto alloy fab, 1st body n more,
Price : 900k

Clean reg 05 lexus GX470 leda alloy ac 3rows n more
Price 2.350k

Reg toyota prado 2005 model leda alloy ac n more
Location lekki
Price :- 2.2m

Reg 05 LR3
Location Akesan
Price 2.3m

Toks 08 toyota corolla sport i4 fab alloy n more
Location Akesan
Price 2.2m

Toks 08 toyota rav4 fab alloy ac n more
Location akesan
Price 2.5m

Toks toyota camry bigdaddy 04 model with 05 spec,
Auto, fab, formical, ac, bluetooth, cd player n more
Location akesan
Price 1350k

Toks toyota camry 2007 mode with full options is up for grab
Leather, Alloy,I4 hybrid engine, Dvd, Ac
Cd player n more
Location Akesan

Price 1.8m

Toks toyota corolla 2001 model
Auto, power window/doors, sound i4 engine, ac n more
Location akesan
Price 730k

Toks honda element 2003 model fab, alloy ac, auto n more
Location Akesan
Price 1m

Toks volvo wagon leda alloy ac auto, n more
Location akesan
Price 900k

Feel free to contact KINGS AUTO&PROPERTY for any of your dealing with Auto or real estate, we are always at your service.....

Kings Auto&property
Klm10 lasu-isheri exp rd, akesan, lagos
08071238667 watsap
Bbm 2B9316D2

Please sir, I will appreciate if you can one and place pix here. The pictures should include engine, interior (back and front) tyre status etc. Thanks sir.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm not a sir wink

I can always put some parts to my shipping, or if you want just ship them like that.

And i have only high quality parts not this china trash.

If you have any question feel free to ask.

Regards Oktawian

I forgot, for your peace of mind be sure that the car You want to buy WAS NOT smuggled through the bush from Cotonou. Cos like that the customs can take the car away . Best way is to make sure the duty was paid in nigeria.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
oktawian:
I'm not a sir wink

I can always put some parts to my shipping, or if you want just ship them like that.

And i have only high quality parts not this china trash.

If you have any question feel free to ask.

Regards Oktawian
Alright, am just thinking of u helping source some part of vw when am done on the purchase.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Drea1: 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
I reside here in Europe. If you are really interested in buying the T4 , can you please let me know your budget please.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Drea1:
I reside here in Europe. If you are really interested in buying the T4 , can you please let me know your budget please.
Sorry am not into preorder, if have one on ground in nigeria then let me know its location for inspection.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
I will put it once again, cos it's really important !!

"I forgot, for your peace of mind be sure that the car You want to buy WAS NOT smuggled through the bush from Cotonou. Cos like that the customs can take the car away . Best way is to make sure the duty was paid in nigeria."

Do not believe to anyone, check all papers. You can even go to customs if necessary ! Cos lots of those cheap cars were smuggled. Thats mean in case of check up by customs you would have a big problem !

Regards Oktawian
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Drea1: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
I can send you the photos of the once available and i will use my money to buy and ship it down via lagos port that's if you are 100% interested drop me your BBM pin or phone number so we can talk better
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Drea1:
I can send you the photos of the once available and i will use my money to buy and ship it down via lagos port that's if you are 100% interested drop me your BBM pin or phone number so we can talk better
Drop your own bbm, then am going to send request.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Drea1: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
Drea1:
7f545240
Request sent.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
oktawian:

Please can u help me check this

https://www.nairaland.com/2363813/excellent-volkwagen-t4-sale

thanks.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by oktawian(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
What happend with this Drea1 preorder ? If i can know ofc.

So about this lwb black T4 it's looking even ok, it has a lots of stone chips, dents etc. but i guess is normal.

Ask the guy to take more pictures from under the car (search for any rust and rot spots !! ), engine and gearbox first, then after they will be looking ok, you can go and check the car in person.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by calculation(m): 4:16am On Jul 17, 2015
oktawian:
What happend with this Drea1 preorder ? If i can know ofc.

So about this lwb black T4 it's looking even ok, it has a lots of stone chips, dents etc. but i guess is normal.

Ask the guy to take more pictures from under the car (search for any rust and rot spots !! ), engine and gearbox first, then after they will be looking ok, you can go and check the car in person.
I don't want to pre. order from Drea1, but he made me change my mind to do so through him on condition that if am 100% sure of buying, he will finance it then pay when it arrive naija soil, but unfortunately we couldn't go ahead due to price.
Thanks for the info above and am going to get those details then inform u.
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by Natty14(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
oktawian:

Pls, i have this Nigerian used T4 that i want to buy. I am yet to see it. Though the owner said its 4 cylinders diesel engine... now i want to know if it will av turbo based on what i read from ur previous posts.
If yes, is it not a good buy?
Re: I Need Volkswagen Transporter T4 by TalibTruth(m): 8:10am On May 07, 2021
hello brother
Please i am planning to get a volkwagen T4 for commercial bus purpose. i have searched and the best type i could find at the moment is the vr6 engine with 6 cylinders.

Please i need your advice on how reliable and strong this engine would be for this purpose.

I have seen your post of 2015 on this very vehicle and i wish i could get a 2.5 petrol in good condition and that comes with auto gear box cause i dont know how to drive manual and i would not like to put the vehicle in another drivers care.

Thanks please help me before i make this very important decision

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Nissan Terrano II For Sale / Tokunbo Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic - 2010 @ N5,500,000.00 / 2014 Model Benz Ml550 4matic Toks Fully Loaded 360 Cams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.