Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) (30782 Views)

Photo Of Princess Diana With Maryam Babangida In The 80s / Photo Of Princess Diana With Maryam Babangida / About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
nice
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Lildreezy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lol... Naija when the going was good.

anyway,

I'm highly Anticipating one naira landers comment on this thread.... MUSIWA Lol..the premier of western Nigeria abi how that guy they take talk am again self..

something I learnt from it...don't stop believing in what u truly believe...even if say nah non"sense.... at least Sense still dey inside am...
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Swaggzkid: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nawa ooo how this take concern the hot fufu wey burn my throat?
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by dokyOloye: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
I jus de admire d beauty of d princess.
Hw cld prince Charles have had this beauty and yet cheated on her wt d dull Camilla Parker,his present wife?

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by johnshagb(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
According to the pictures one region is missing from her visitations.

Note: Before you rant anyhow, I'm only asking out of curiosity

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lovely pictures
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by frankdivine: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Educating thread..thumb up.

It is a pity that we havn't fully break out from the influence of the emperialist and her hegemony

''
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2558856_img20150623wa002_jpeg2ed73791a9ef32d4ba99b5aa2b3b2e26
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by biodunid: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
The road to LUTH's Mushin gate was tarred just to allow them decent access.

naptu2:
The next day, Princess Diana and Mrs Babangida inspected products made by rural women as part of the Better Life For Rural Dwellers programme (the pet programme of Mrs Babangida). The exhibition was held at the Tafawa Balewa Square. Earlier in the day, the Prince and Princess had visited the Lagos University Teaching Hospital where they donated some equipment to the hospital.

Princess Diana and Maryam Babangida at an exhibition of Better Life products at the Tafawa Balewa Square.

Princess Diana and Maryam Babangida at the Better Life fair. Behind Mrs. Babangida is the Lagos State Deputy Governor, Alhaja Lateefat Okunu.

The Prince and Princess at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by 400billionman: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
May their soul RIP.

Chai, boko haram has killed lot of people.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Babzrockman: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
I know if they should visit Nigeria again, Maiduguri is out not to talk of village nearby Maiduguri

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Correctman0606: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
naptu2:
The pictures are sourced from Getty Images, Alamy Images and Pinterest, (https://www.pinterest.com/chocypigs/diana-1990-nigeria-cameroon/) while the stories and captions are from my memory.

Diplomatic relations between Nigeria and the United Kingdom, which had been frosty in the aftermath of the attempted kidnapping of Umaru Dikko by the Buhari regime, warmed up quite considerably in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The UK sold several tanks to Nigeria between 1988-1992 (the Labour Party raised questions in Parliament about this sale) and leaders of the two countries exchanged several visits.

Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher paid a working visit to Nigeria in 1988 (she visited Lagos and Kano) and a stop over visit in 1989, President and Mrs. Babangida paid a state visit to the UK in 1989, Prince Philip also visited Nigeria in 1989 ( he laid the foundation stone of the Muson Centre in Onikan) and the Prince and Princess of Wales, Prince Charles and Princes Diana, visited Lagos in March 1990. The visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales is the subject of this thread.
That was a very nice one. I remember Barbagida name was Maradona because of his degree of corruption

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by ipreach: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by iyatrustee(f): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sad thing is that the two women in the center of all this are late.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by wayaa007(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
The very beautiful Princess Diana, exquisite fashion taste
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by ephi123(f): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
iyatrustee:
Sad thing is that the two women in the center of all this are late.

Exactly, I was just about to say the same. Both Maryam and Diana are no more today. Life is so transient.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
@ OP

Cut the crap! Kano looks like sh!t to me.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Mznaett: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
hmm
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Life....
And to think that Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman, Mrs. Maryam Babangida and Princess Diana are now dearly departed.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Crown01: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Memories of time we value our culture.... unlike now when our ladies open their breast calling it fashion...

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by naptu2: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
vivaciousvivi:
Life....
And to think that Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman, Mrs. Maryam Babangida and Princess Diana are now dearly departed.

The Chief of General Staff (de facto Vice President), Admiral Aikhomu is also deceased.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by naptu2: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mostwanted7:
Where are they now

Mrs. Fatimat Rasaki is now a senator.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by darmys(f): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
How does dis affect d price of garri in naija?

lemme calculate

diana + charles = x + garri
Garri - Diana -charges = x
multiply X
2 x + diana = Garri

Therefore: E no affect am cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
naptu2:

The Chief of General Staff (de facto Vice President), Admiral Aikhomu is also deceased.
Ouch! True

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
motherfvcker son of a bittch and his hure....white-devils... angry angry angry
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Octaves(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
nice pics! why is that woman kneeling to present her work. Lady Dianna was a fine woman
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by obinnajr(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
MALARIA LATER KILLED PRINCESS DIANA AFTER HER LAST VISIT TO NIGERIA.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by babyblissShop: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
I remember they visited Enugu and we're hosted by the governor Col. Robert Akonobi. They also commissioned the British council library at NUT house at Otigba junction. Yours truly saw them live. Princess Diana was really beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by gibzzhd: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
Octaves:
nice pics! why is that woman kneeling to present her work. Lady Dianna was a fine woman
Ask ur dumb Yoruba culture
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Octaves(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
gibzzhd:

Ask ur dumb Yoruba culture
my dumb yeroba culture? u smoke curry? how can you look @ me and call me yeroba. no try am abeg
BTW I knew the woman was Yoruba but chose not to state it for the sake of political correctness.
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by teabully(m): 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
Who is dat naval dude forming badt guy for princess Diana, just pitied his career
naptu2:
The Prince and Princess were in Port Harcourt on the 19th were they watched a boat regatta and visited a village outside the city. They then returned to Lagos.

Prince Charles, Group Captain Ernest Adeleye (Rivers State Governor) and Princess Diana watch a boat regatta.

Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
... miss U ma'am

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Prince Charles And Princess Diana In Nigeria (memories, Stories And Pictures) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
... miss U ma'am

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank. Photos / NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Tinubu Orders Withdrawal Of Policemen From VIPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.