Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

My Baking Hobby.. :D - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Baking Hobby.. :D (25015 Views)

When She Says Cooking Is Her Hobby / Baking With Local Oven / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
So after downloading so many online videos, I finally summoned up courage to try cake decorating and guess what.... cheesy

I got the basic tools... spatula, cake comb, piping bags, 3 nozzle tips, flower nail and a coupler. And this was what I did...the roses didn't come out well tho sad I had problems lifting it off the nail.

I took this 'wonderful' sample to class the next day and shared for my colleagues... smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nice
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
The cake was devoured....lol. They loved the cake but not the decoration tho. Two of my lecturers also had a piece..and that's how it all started.

One of them told me she wanted me to bake her birthday cake... she wanted something small. So I came up with this... this was my second attempt.

I used a new buttercream recipe and the roses came out better than the last. cheesy This was done yesterday..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by raayah(f): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
I love the colors. It looks delicious and creamy
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
She loved it.. And I got the 'Woooow.... did you do this yourself?' 'How did you do the basket thingy....' 'are the roses icing too?' My head was just swelling grin omoge badooski.. grin

One of the doubting Thomas touched the rose and scattered it angry
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by toyeoye(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Will you marry me??
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by toyeoye(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Will you marry me so I can eat ur cake everyday of my life ??
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Now I have 3 contracts... one for a girlfriend of mine and the other two for two of my lecturers sons.... I have hammer cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by raayah(f): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
purplelips:
Now I have 3 contracts... one for a girlfriend of mine and the other two for two of my lecturers sons.... I have hammer cheesy grin

Congratulations girl!

Do you use an oven? How do you bake this?

1 Like

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
raayah:

Congratulations girl!

Do you use an oven? How do you bake this?
Thanks! smiley

Used a pot. I plan on buying an electric oven cuz I'm really going to need it.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by raayah(f): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
raayah:

Is there any major difference in using oven and stove?

The reason I ask is because most of the cakes I eat overseas are very ssoft(Almost like ice-cream) unlike our cakes which are harder. I prefer the harder cakes in Nigeria.

Is it because they use ovens abroad?

I know its a silly question, but I'm just curious.
Not really... at home, I bake with oven. The texture of a cake depends on the recipe. The cakes I bake aren't hard... they basically melt in the mouth. Here a picture of the cake I frosted.. I used a mixer for the creaming tho

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by adebisi96(f): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
if ur getting an electric oven pls get d big ones or better still get a gas oven,cos my own oven jez dey burn cake anyow
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
adebisi96:
if ur getting an electric oven pls get d big ones or better still get a gas oven,cos my own oven jez dey burn cake anyow

Thank you jare ... a friend of mine said the same thing..
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by teeboo: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Op how did u make d basket deco,i really love it
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
adebisi96:

Maybe u need to reduce the heat, don't bake at 200 degrees rather bake at 150 degrees always use a sizeable cake pan.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by adebisi96(f): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mrs0J:

Maybe u need to reduce the heat, don't bake at 200 degrees rather bake at 150 degrees always use a sizeable cake pan.
av tried everytin,but it still burns
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
adebisi96:

av tried everytin,but it still burns
Pele
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by adebisi96(f): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mrs0J:
Pele
tnx dearie.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by prettyjo(f): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
when I see a delicious cake I will know.

this cake will be more than delicious but I hate butter icing
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by CnCstore: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nice.pls what's your recipe for the cake above?

1 Like

Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
prettyjo:
when I see a delicious cake I will know.

this cake will be more than delicious but I hate butter icing
Thanks! smiley
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Narnah(f): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
Pls wat uni do u attend
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by cynhamscakes(f): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nice one op. Kudos.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:05am On Jul 20, 2015
cynhamscakes:
Nice one op. Kudos.
Thank you smiley
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Narnah:
Pls wat uni do u attend
I'm in a nursing school dear. smiley
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by ife2015(f): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Pls @purplelips are you on what apps and pls can i have your no. I need you to help me in some areas.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
purplelips:
The cake was devoured....lol. They loved the cake but not the decoration tho. Two of my lecturers also had a piece..and that's how it all started.

One of them told me she wanted me to bake her birthday cake... she wanted something small. So I came up with this... this was my second attempt.

I used a new buttercream recipe and the roses came out better than the last. cheesy This was done yesterday..

This is really lovely! You should start earning from this already. The design looks perfect.
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mattkent:

This is really lovely! You should start earning from this already. The design looks perfect.
I have... cheesy
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
purplelips:
I have... cheesy

Nice. Keep it up
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mattkent:

Nice. Keep it up
Thanks smiley
Re: My Baking Hobby.. :D by purplelips(f): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2015
It's been a while I posted.... got more cake works.. smiley I had a free week for me the first time in months and I just did what I love doing.... baking cakes cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make KFC Crispy Chicken For Your Enjoyment This Holiday (Photos, Video) / Real Homemade FAST FOOD - 10 Mins Special Plantain Egg Sauce Recipe (Pix &Video) / Homemade Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.