Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,939 members, 7,838,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Episode 2: Behind Shades By Joy Akosa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Episode 2: Behind Shades By Joy Akosa (542 Views)

Episode 1: Wives On The Run; Story By Joy Akosa-eghebi / Episode 1: Eke(python) ; Story By Joy Akosa / Episode 8: Behind Shades By Joy Akosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 2: Behind Shades By Joy Akosa by Joyakosa(f): 12:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Previously on BEHIND SHADES: She has made a big mistake by even trying my number, she is very stupid. I picked up the call and she asked me if I would like to attend a party with her. ‘this girl dey craze o, after taking my man, she still wants to embarrass me in public. She knows no man will talk to me at the party, yet she wants to disgrace me. She must be mad. I dropped the call in anger.

EPISODE 2;

If you were in my shoes what would you have done, see I don’t have time for all this rubbish. I don’t want someone to start insulting me because of my issues; you know how girls we girls can be nah. She might start insulting me that no man has talked to me. Abeg ooo...make everybody stay their lane.

On Monday morning, I took a cup of tea and drove out of the house down to my office. As I was driving by I met a friend of mine, Kiki. She was taking her daughter to school. I slowed down the car and whinned down. Hi Kiki. She was shocked to see me; she quickly embarrassed me as I got down from the car. How have you been, she asked me. I have been fine jare, just doing what everyone is doing, “hustling”. “Yeah, yeah, it is good oh, this one that the economy is hard these days” she said. I asked her where she was going and why she was trekking with her little baby. “I had to trek oh, my husband is late for work, so he took the car and couldn’t drop Kate in school as usual, so I had to take my time and then am going to drop her in school myself” she said.

“Do you have only one car? Why na, he should get your own car, I can’t cope with that oh, me and my husband can’t be sharing a car oh, I am too big for that”, I was shocked at the reply she gave me angrily. “That is why no one can never ask you out not to talk of you having a husband” she said and hissed on me and walked away.

What did I say wrong oh... this mouth won’t put me in trouble oh, which kind thing be this na, all this small girls insulting me because they haven’t seen me with any man. Abeg abeg…let this fool not spoil my day. (Drive off). When I got to the office, my secretary was busy smiling at me, the way she greeted me was quiet unusual. I asked her what’s wrong. She said a young man has been waiting to see me and he is waiting at the lobby. Young man ke...when has men started coming to see me. I went into my office and then the so called young man came into my office. Guess who (with a big smile). My father’s client, the one who came to my house the other day that was with Cleo. In fact you need to see how I was shivering with surprise. How are you? I am really surprised at your visit.

“I am very fine dear, was driving pass and I decided to stop by and say Hi” he said. What can I offer you, I have juice, wine, beer and what do you want?

“I want you” he said.

**************************Cut*******************

Wait oh, I don’t understand, is this guy actually here to mock me, or am I dreaming, is he not the same guy that was all over my friend Cleo, so how come he is here now, or he has slept with Cleo and he is now here for me. Make una ask this guy wetin he want now…chai, Becky you have really suffered.

“How do you mean you want me, I don’t get you, please explain and I don’t even know your name” I asked him. My name is George Dickson. I manage one of your father’s companies. I have not stopped thinking of you since I met you at the house the other day. “I don’t know how this may sound, I think I am in love with you” he said. Jesus….Jesus>>is this guy asking me out right now?

read more on: http://www.akosaseries.com/2015/07/episode-2-behind-shades_3.html

(1) (Reply)

5th Facebook Fiction Competition : Read, Comment And Vote / Scribespad Featured On Linda Ikeji's Blog / Mother's Beatitude...........mc Gbishan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.