Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products (768 Views)

N11billion Fuel Fraud: How Ifeanyi Ubah Was Released From DSS / Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by onismate: 5:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Going! Going! Gone! That was the sound that pumps at the good old days when Bazar sales are done. I was a kid then, so many people anticipate towards the end of the year when there would be our Anglican thanksgiving service. So many members would bring goats, fowls, refrigerators, T.Vs and so many things as thanksgiving offering to the church. After the service, then comes the bazar; were those gifts brought would be sold. I could remember that it was only that period that my daddy normally buys our Christmas chicken because it was sometimes cheaper. And it was normally 2 weeks to Christmas. We would keep the chicken till Christmas day before killing it. Then dad and mum do argue because mum always complained that the chickens were not always big. “Meat no dey dey all those foul,” as my mum would complain.

All that was then. Now, I don’t think bazars in Anglican and Catholic churches was still in existence, not until a colleague of mine who was new in my office. He asked me to follow him to his village for what they tagged, “CHEAP BAZAR, BAZAR, BAZAR SALES AUCTION.” I was confused of what he meant by, “Cheap Bazar, Bazar, Bazar sales auction.” Because me, na the first time I dey hear that kind sentence. He began explaining to me that it was Bazar sales that would be happening in there in their village. He said that there is a church that after their annual thanksgiving, they would gather all that was donated to them and go to their village to organize bazar. They would sell those things at a very cheap rate. That was how he took me to his place and showed me all he bought from the previous year’s Bazar at his village. Almost all his cooking utensils, electronics, he bought from previous years bazar. When he even told me the prices he bought them, na so my head swell up like popcorn. “Shey this guy is joking or he was trying to scam me,” I wondered within myself. How can someone not buy anything in his home, you will wait for one church’s bazar, go there and buy at a very cheap price at the village were the church normally makes the products very cheap and affordable for those rural dwellers. I saw it as a fraud because he was capable of getting those things in the city with his money, his salary too. He’s defrauding the rural dwellers of their opportunities nah. As I was trying to figure out what to make of what he was doing, something in me was telling me that I am being a fool and my colleague was smart because he capitalizes on that opportunity of the church bringing the products to the village, he goes there and buys it at a cheap rate.

After we have talked, I told him that I won’t be coming with him to his village for the bazar to buy anything. I knew I needed so many things in my new apartment, but I just want to buy them in my city. But as time went on, some of my colleagues in the office began to buy into this my colleague’s idea of following him to his village and participating in that bazar. Though he was not forcing anyone; he was just being a nice and cheerful colleague who wanted us to benefit from where he was also benefiting from.

But each time I think about this issue, part of me would always tell me I was a fool and dullard. Upon say I studied economics in school, I couldn’t still do simple economics with the Bazar programme on ground. All that would make me think I am not doing well for not wanting to follow my colleagues to the bazar because I felt it was inappropriate to go take what is meant for less privileged. Because I know with our money, we can double the price of the products.

As time went on, some of my colleagues showed willingness to follow the man to their village for the bazar sales. Many of them wants to buy products at a very cheap price. I later made up my mind to follow

On that day of the bazar, we hired a big bus that would contain 5 of us going and all we were going to buy at the village.

We got to the village that Sunday afternoon. I already had N60,000 on me. Infact, I met wonders I have never seen before. I and my colleagues bought so many items that it looked as if we were the only people at the bazar. At a time the organizers stopped us from buying because we were bidding higher than the villagers which gave us edge to purchase some of the goods. We were so excited buying. The refrigerator I priced for N58,000 at the city was been sold for N27,000 at the bazar. I didn’t waste any time to bid higher to N34,000 which I later finally got after telling my other colleagues to step down for me to get it.

After everything, I bought refrigerator of N34,000, a big flat screen TV set of N20,000. I could remember seeing that kind of TV set at a family friend’s place. The family friend said he bought the TV set for N48,000. I also added a TV antenna to my cart. They said the antenna was a special antenna that receives over 34 channels including CNN, Aljazeera, Silverbird and Channels. I got the antenna at a rate of N5,500. Infact I nearly believed that the antenna could receive satellite channel from Heavenly stations. Imagine connecting an antenna to get to God. Chaiii, na so I begin happy say I don hammer with what I have bought. My colleagues who went with us were happy that they got so many things. My department deputy supervisor bought 73 chicks and the cage for N4,300. He said he would be starting a poultry farm.

Trouble first started when the Chicks my deputy supervisor bought, all of them never got home with him the same way he bought them. Before we could get home, about 49 died on the way. The next Monday at the office, he said the rest of the chicks were dead and he had threw all of them away, it really pained him. Well I told him “sorry.” I never knew my own was waiting for me.

It started after 4 days after the bazar. The refrigerator I bought started misbehaving. The thing stopped freezing things. After over 8 hours of electricity, the water I kept inside the freezer didn’t even experienced any refrigerated coldness. They were all warm. The next day, the fridge would be working electrically but would not cold anything. All the meat, soup and some other things I kept inside it got spoilt. The meat sef was smelling like a dead rat. The T.V sef, its case so bad that when I switch on, it would not on or work unless I use my hand to hit it behind. The antenna case worse. The over 35 channels bragged upon that I would get, i never received any apart from NTA, OGTV(Ogun state Television). Others were Arabian Television. The one that pained me most was a Buddhist channel that they don’t do any other thing rather than show old men and women bowing down to snakes. Shey na the only thing wey I go watch! No other Nigerian channel, only NTA. Not even major international channels.

I took the refrigerator to a repairer and he told me that the problem was internal leakage and it would cost me N20,000 to repair it. After hearing it, I asked myself how much I bought it that I would spend N20,000 in repairing. I was so angry within me that I have wasted my heart earned money on those stuff. Or was God punishing me.

As I was complaining about my own, one of my colleague who bought an hair dryer for his wife’s hair dressing salon. The hair dryer burnt the upper scalp of her customer. It was so horrible that the husband of the customer was wanting to sue.

At a time, I began regretting following that my colleague to their village for that stupid “CHEAP BAZAR, BAZAR, BAZAR SALES AUCTION.” I even began thinking it was all scam because nothing I bought at the bazar seems to be working fine. All the products are bad. The worse part of it was there were no warranty. One of my colleague was of the opinion that the other colleague who took us to their village to buy those stuffs, it was all planned work to give us fake products, that we should report him to higher authority so he could be queried. But to be sincere with you, I have actually learnt my lessons.

Some months later, this my colleague who tricked us into going for bazar, he invited me again for another bazar sales at his village. “For where! I no follow you,” I screamed at him. I spent over a month’s salary at the last one and I was yet to recover from it and he’s trying to take me to another one.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1017-an-office-scam-by-a-colleague-that-turned-by-boss-i-and-other-colleagues-to-fools
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by bigtt76(f): 6:03am On Jul 04, 2015
Hahaha ...you nor report to the guy wen carray una go der? grin
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by Mrbigman1(m): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Lwkmd!!!

It's either God is punishing u all for taking advantage or
D villagers use Juju dey Punish una.

Everyone's products Wnt just act funny same time
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by rheether(f): 6:58am On Jul 04, 2015
Going, going, gone..
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by onismate: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2015
Hahahahaha... Abi nah ojukokoro. Looking for cheap products
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by jamace(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2015
grin grin grin Oh, this life! grin grin
Re: Office Fraud! How A Colleague Lead Us To A Village To Buy Fake Products by hopeforcharles(m): 9:42am On Jul 04, 2015
Hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahh, this is funny, my friend use to yab me about all this things, truth is if u buy quality stuffs u will surely enjoy it, best advice buy from original, quality sales shop

(1) (Reply)

Please Help!who Has Received Through British Airways Abuja? / 10 Things Successful People Do To Achieve Their Dreams / Before Wal-mart Comes To Nigeria By Chidi Oguamanam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.