Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? (677 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Buhari’s Foreign Trips Have Started Yielding Fruits / Agbaje called Ambode at 6:15pm to congratulate him, vow never to contest again / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by ayoola22: 5:08pm On Mar 04, 2009
Mohammad Buhari is considering his options in respect to his presidential ambitions.

He feels he has three options (i think one for each of the Supreme Court judges that supported him). He can stay in ANPP, move with his supporters to another party or form a new party.

I think unless there is a coalition of opposition parties to form a mega party he should just retire home.

http://naijareports..com/2009/03/options-before-buhari-and-atiku.html
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Mar 04, 2009
Anyone has the right to contest in any election.
However, i think the madness of if i cant win with one party, i will have to cross the floor to another party, or form another party, so that i could be "god" for that party and what will happen, if he fails to win with the new party?
Nigerians and their "I MUST WIN" at all cost attitude.
It is time for all those old fools to retire and give chance to newer blood and generation to rule.
How old are these guys to start with?
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Mamajama(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2009
Nope he is a three times looser and we need new mind and fresh ideas.

people like Buhari and IBB should stay at home in shame and let the new generation govern and liberate Nigeria
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
Much as I will like to see a Buhari presidency, the man should forget about being Nigerian president again. He doesn't belong to the right caucus.
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Udobass: 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
Whoever knows him should tell him to go and rest, at least he has tried. It is not a must that Buhari must become the president of Nigeria. Come to think of it, the man is getting older by the day. he is spent, he needs some rest
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by jamace(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2009
Yes, for the following reasons:
1. He is elegible to contest.
2. He is more experienced in Naija politics now than before.
3. PDP has failed woefully as a govt. Other parties like ANPP and AC might be the new bride.

No, for the following reasons:
1. He has become an old brigade. Should go and rest.
2. Might not succeed as a politician like the way he tried as a military man.
3. Rotational presidency is not favourable to him since his geo-political zone is ruling now.
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Lagosboy: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2009
I really would love to see a radical like Buhari as the president of Nigeria and watch him send all these looters into abyss of extinction. The problem for Buhari is he has no money , morally too upright(which is a crime in Nigerian politcs) and his ANPP party has been hiajacked by Yerima and ume ezoke.

Buhari should form a coalition with AC and run for president but the problem is AC is dominated by the same corrupt poeple but are more progressive like Tinubu. Its a shame sincere people cant be leaders in Nigeria without compromising their principles.

Fashola would never have emerged in tinubu did not ditch democratic principles in doing away with AC primaries.
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by muhsin(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2009
I pity the man. He bullied politics by overthrowing Shagari. He, after that, following calls from people that he should join politics, kept on reiterating that politics is a murky water, thus he would not join. But he now shamelessly comes back begging it to favour him. LOL grin He'll never get any good reception there. He should better go and rest.
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by Afam4eva(m): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2009
He should find a very nice chair and sit down. He has nothing to offer, he tried thrice and failed.
Re: Should Mohammed Buhari Contest Again In 2011? by mogentle(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2009
He want to be like Abraham Lincoln now: grin grin grin grin

The persistnceand tenacity of a purpose give the utmost desire.

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Wants Obasanjo Tried / Ribadu Is A Total Disgrace / Free Laptop Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.