Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) (54692 Views)

Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / Rashidi Yekini’s Mother Sells Bread For Survival In Kwara (photo) / Rashidi Yekini's Abandoned House In Ibadan As He Marks 4th Anniversary 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by kilomeji2: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rashidi was a great. No Nigerian striker has stepped up the plate since Yekini retired.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by BluePulse: 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
Spybradd:

wheres this jobless hungry zoogirian abokii? Ya data don pinish? Oya go borrow..
#zoogerian

Just tot a few minutes is enough 4 a fool. And u knw d adage of leaving kids with d last meal on d plate...? Tot u said u re some busy guy.

But seriously, I'm gon be pre-occupied now. So play along with 'I must have d last word'... U can have dat baby boy. I do dat a lot with my nephews.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Spybradd: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
BluePulse:

Just tot a few minutes is enough 4 a fool. And u knw d adage of leaving kids with d last meal on d plate...? Tot u said u re some busy guy.

But seriously, I'm gon be pre-occupied now. So play along with 'I must have d last word'... U can have dat baby boy. I do dat a lot with my nephews.

gedda4qOff fooo,u 4kn not worth it..u just one moda4kn jobless poverty stricken hungry miserable poor piece of lump shiit...thought u gadda'balls 2 stand 2 da drifting moda4kn spybraddie...go tend to ur screaming stomach,bonzo....
NOW BEAT IT!
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by gbaskiboy: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
vedd:

MUMUSSANCTUS! Jonathan and his SportsMinisters did absolutely nothing to honour the memory of late Samuel Okwaraji throughout their 6year reign of looting.

Also, what did Jonathan and his HealthMinister do to honour Dr Adadevoh for sacrificing her life to fight Ebola?
well Tackled, one bottle of chilled Orijin for u grin

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by ayusco85(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT:
Rashidi cry cry. I remember that his celebration inside the goal post.

RIP.

pics of u crying or...............
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by seanby4konji: 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nigeria no deh remember person ooo...

My study even shows that with the rate people are going abroad to give birth especially USA??in the next 50 years

Make i no talk wetin deh my mind.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by thaoriginator: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT:

RIP.
bby wuts up, pls let me get to know u
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by solla22: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I blame Buhari for dat, assuming we got a ministre of sport by now, he wld ve issued a statement on behalf of dis zoo called nigeria.
Buhari is a slowpoke!

Last year when you had a Minister of Sports.... Was he remembered ??

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by fruitfulBROTHER(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT:

RIP.
the one he wanted to tear the net. Those kind of celebration is rear to see this days.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by laserjet: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I blame Buhari for dat, assuming we got a ministre of sport by now, he wld ve issued a statement on behalf of dis zoo called nigeria.
Buhari is a slowpoke!

Are u crazy?

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by ayusco: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
I'm a huge fan of yekini but all these sensational headlines using cheap emotional blackmail can be annoying. When eusebio died pray tell wasn't it benfica that led tributes for him even though he was one of portugals greats. All these cheap headlines that aim to paint nigeria in a bad light just irritate me. God help us if Gascoigne, Socrates etc were Nigerians the level of BS would be mind boggling
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
laserjet:

Are u crazy?
Provided u crazy too!
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by abdulwasee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
God Bless His Soul and grant him Eternal Rest!

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by poweredcom(m): 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nigeria is an shame to humanity ..i hate dis nation most times
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by yurmeeh(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
This is not new That is Nigeria for you we don't appreciate what we have,a lot of Nigeria celibrity like that, any way life goes on
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by willyo(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP 9ja's Goal Hero.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by ooshinibos: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
black people do not know our to look after their own ..am not surprised ...go to a black neighborhood anywhere in the world ..
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Sheikhmd007(m): 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
I knew they will call PMB names on this though i know that it's unfortunate for not honouring him in Nigeria but all we need is to accept delay of PMB for it's best outcome. RIP Yekini.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by tola9ja: 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari is a slowpoke!

RECEIVE BRAIN
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
... now u understand y I decided not to play for super eagles

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by bewla(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
yinka40:

Did he played for free while he was alive?
did Pele play for free or Diego play for free or did fo"o that Cameron guy play for free tell me what was done to immortalise okwaraji
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by ademusiwa3: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Even while rashidi yekini did not play for his country of western Nigeria. We miss him.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by October1960: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Well said. They loot in Nigeria to give their children a better life in other developed countries.

StOla:
That's the Nigeria I know.

A country of many victims but few citizens.
A country where one is more likely to be killed by the police than by terrorists.

Has the government even fulfilled its promise to the victorious Super Eagles of 1994?

What about Sam Okwaraji?

Even the political elite do not believe in Nigeria. They are citizens of other countries, and those that are not ensure their children are born in other countries.

That's how much faith and hope they have in this country.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by impeccablemee(m): 9:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Continue to RIP baba

LEGEND
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by uyuoko(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
olillywales:

Rest In Peace Rashidi Yekini. Yekini remains the man with the highest number of international goals for Nigeria (37). Portugal is remembering him today but in his home country Nigeria, no celebration.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/photo-rashidi-yekini-forgotten-in.html

Cc lalasticlala

So sad though........ But 37 and still our highest ever goal scorer...... Smh
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by bqlekan(m): 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Shortyy:
he's dead? shocked
like seriously? nne ehn
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Kayharry(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2015
anonimi:

Let me see if I can get the pinshure grin

[img]http://www.newtimes.co.rw/news/files/photos/1336259386Rashidi.jpg[/img]

These pictures should be in OUR sports museum somewhere with children and tourists encouraged to visit and pay!
credit to the photographer.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) by Pavarotti: 1:40pm On May 16, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell / Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League / Rodrigo Tried To Finger Santiago Trellez' Backside During Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.