Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari Administration And Matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Administration And Matters Arising (3062 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari administration And APC- Fani Kayode / Buhari's Planned Probe Of Only Jonathan Administration And The "Far Past" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
I want the best for Nigeria and Nigerians. I have been following the government of Muhammadu Buhari even before it came to power. Below are some observation that I believe are of National importance.

Is PH Refinery Now Working at 80% Capacity?
The NNPC earlier this year told Nigerians that our existing refineries will be up by the first quarter of 2016. Speaking at the Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources(Downstram) the GMD of NNPC in March 5, 2015 mentioned that the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of our four refineries by the administration of Dr Goodluck Jonathan will yield fruit in the first quarter of 2016.
“The refineries will work again at full capacity(90%). We have plans to bring back the refineries to full capacity. By the first quarter of 2016, all the four refineries in Port Harcourt (two of them), Warri and Kaduna will be ready to refine at optimal capacity,”

After Buhari assumed power on May 29, 2015, the same NNPC under him came out on June 10 to tell Nigerians that the Portharcourt refinery will work optimally (80%) by the end of June/early July.
"Most of the refineries have advanced to a certain stage where they will be able to operate very soon. For example, the Port Harcourt refinery, which has reached an advanced stage, will start receiving crude by end of this month and then of course will start contributing to the available products in the country.”
“When the refinery comes up stream in late June or early July we expect that it will run at least 80 percent installed capacity. “It will give us a contribution
of about five million litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) on a daily basis.”
www.punchng.com/news/pharcourt-refinery-to-commence-operations-in-july-nnpc-gmd/
June is long gone, we are in the 4th day of July, How far with the refinery dear APC? Where are the daily 5 million liters of petrol from Portharcourt refinery dear Buhali-led NNPC?

Who is Subsidising Who?
In his pre-inauguration interview the President's words pointed that the subsidy regime is non existent.
"We could tell how much Nigerian crude cost, the cost of transportation from there to the refinery, the cost of refining, the cost of transportation to the pump stations and maybe 5 percent go for overhead.
I can understand if Nigerians pay for those costs. But somebody is saying he is subsidizing Nigerians. Who is subsidizing who?"
www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari
However, on June 28 data obtained by the PUNCH from the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency(PPPRA) shows that the government of Buhari accumulated N57billion subsidy debt within 30 days. My question to Buhari is Who is subsidizing who?

Who Is Winning The War Against BH?
Since President Buhari assumed office in May 29, Boko haram has strucked more than 15 times. In fact, I painstakingly followed the numbers of strikes by BH since May 29 and I had to give up the count when it got to 12th count. I felt bad that over 700-800 Nigerians in the North East especially those in Borno state have been sent to the other side by Boko Haram in the most brutal and inglorious manner. Instead of holistically fighting the terrorists in line with their campaign promise, Vice President Yemi Osinbanjo (on behalf of Buhari) publicly insulted Nigerians by saying that we are progressively having upperhand. In his own words...
“Under the auspices of a Multinational Forces, forces of neighbouring countries and our own forces are progressively winning the fight against Boko Haram,”
Who and who are the "we" that Osinbajo was referring to? Was he speaking on behalf of Nigerians or "West Germans"?

DSS DG: Like Obasanjo Like Buhari
When Obasanjo took over power in 1999 he brought back Col Kayode Are from retirement to serve as the SSS DG. Col Are like Obasanjo is from Owu in Ogun state. Following Obasanjo's step, Buhari brought back Alhaji Lawal Musa Daura a retired SSS operative to head the SSS as Director-General. Alhaji Daura is a Daura man from Katsina state like President Muhammadu Buhari.

Unlike the aforementioned men, Presidents Musa Yar'adua and Goodluck Jonathan kept to professionalism by appointing directors within the SSS as their respective DGs without taking to consideration whether or not they are both from their home towns. Yaradua appointed Mr Afakriya Gadzama a distinguished SSS Director from Borno state to serve as his DG, while Jonathan appointed another distinguished Director Mr Ita Ekpeyong from Cross river state.

Finally, when will the President and his Vice show transparency by publicly declaring their assets as pledged by them?

31 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by MizMyColi(f): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
smiley
Well said.
You didn't address the president's serial appointment of core northerners.

Isn't that a breach of the federal character principle?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
In Other News: Checkout HOW CBN CAN STOP NAIRA FROM DEPRECIATING FURTHER
https://www.nairaland.com/2398518/opinion-how-cbn-stop-naira#35473713
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by donholy28(m): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Buhari in just few months in office has already f*cked us up

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Firefire(m): 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Is PH Refinery Now Working at 80% Capacity?

Fuel scarcity has return, fuel still sells at above the official pump price of 87N/L

Who is Subsidizing Who?

Buhari said, what is Fuel subsidy? And now Buhari’s govt has already incurred N57bn petrol subsidy debt in 36 Days.

Who Is Winning The War Against BH?

What is Boko Haram before election? I will defeat book haram after he was sworn in, Buhari ordered released of 4Billion Naira to fight boko haram, Buhari now contemplating to grant Amnesty to the terrorist group.
The terrorist group has killed approx. 500 Nigerians averaging 15 death per day.

FX on the increase

Buhari promised to reduce the exchange rate, now a dollar is selling for 230 naira.

This has shown that Nigerian still have a long walk to get to the promised CHANGE?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by simeonii(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Noted:

cheesy
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by chimerase2: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
Cc: Mogidi Truckpusher Dearpreye Whynotthetruth Komek Nigerianvenom NDPVF Anonimi Dayo Biafranqueen Mamaflex HzRF

Attn: Obinoscopy Lalasticlala and Ishilove

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
donholy28:
Buhari in just few months in office has already f*cked us up
He has even done more than the above.

@Spacebookers above: Make una try free space for others biko

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by ThunderTrail(f): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Another food don land. Nice one Brother Bacarnista

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by VickJames(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
If you still believe those special advisers saying thrash from the presidency, you'll believe anything a mad man says. This country doesn't have direction as it stands.

Like someone said "we are winning the war, does that mean Buhari is bokoharam?"
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by baby124: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
As Ita Ekpeyong has been there since when, list his achievements. How many secrets of Boko Haram have been discovered. Has he even thought of infiltrating and destroying from the inside? Don't talk about the military. They are to work on the physical end and in a tactical way. Our SSS are also to work in the background providing valuable information for the military. Similar outfits are used in developed countries to protect the countries. Besides every government brings in people they feel they work best with in critical sectors. Ita Ekpeyong has outlived his usefulness in that position.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley
Well said.

My Dear, that one is another serious matter especially the INEC own. Obasanjo(SW) appointed SE Inec Chair, GEJ appointed Northen INEC Chair but Buhari who is from the North still favors Northern INEC Chair. Na wa o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Dannyset(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
Am sure ur not praying for this govt to fail because of ur hatred for the party? If not, even ur children won't forgive u for ur side of the prayers. u should understand me better.
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Humorclux: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
one word: Onechance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by baby124: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
As for BH, how long did it take the GEJ government to perform any action? Almost 2yrs. Buhari government so far have done more.

Did Jonathan ever declare any assets Remove the speck in your eyes before you start accusing other's. It will be very hard to judge Buhari because PDP were worse than demons.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Kolade354(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
They think Buhari is a magician...........16 Years of P.D.P Rule is still Haunting Nigeria!......................Another One from Bracanista good one bro but remember Jonathan failed to stop terrorism.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by timilehing(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
Quote me when it gets to front page
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by timilehing(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
baby124:
As Ita Ekpeyong has been there since when, list his achievements. How many secrets of Boko Haram have been discovered. Has he even thought of infiltrating and destroying from the inside? Don't talk about the military. They are to work on the physical end and in a tactical way. Our SSS are also to work in the background providing valuable information for the military. Similar outfits are used in developed countries to protect the countries. Besides every government brings in people they feel they work best with in critical sectors. Ita Ekpeyong has outlived his usefulness in that position.
You are asking DSS achievements? Do you know how many arms dss busted? Do you know how many kidnappers dss tracked a? Do you knw how many terrorist suspect dss tracked? Who tracked down sokoto? Ogwuche? That Kogi lecturer? Who busted BH hideout in Apo Abuja? Under whose regim was DSS more active and working? I am not against firing Ekpeyong but the rationale behind bringing back retiree

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by dayo23(f): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
angry
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Wildrage: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
I pray he succeeds but my hopes are measured by his antecedent in and out of power. Since 2003 when he first contested for the presidency, his arrogance and sense of political entitlement has been largely undisguised. He has played his politics like a true machiavelian , the end, in his opinion, would certainly justify every despicable means employed. The last election was the only time he ever considered it wise to run on a national platform ,the only medium he considered worthwhile for getting his messages across was BBC hausa service and the only cause he's supported passionately since he left office was the call for the implementation and spread of sharia law throughout Nigeria. To expect him to have a nationalistic approach to governance would continue to be a forlorn hope and misplaced expectation. It is stupid To expect decisiveness from a man who contested election to the highest and most important office in the Land thrice and did not deem it fit in 12yrs to go to his alma mata for his school leaving certificate, an important criteria for his eligibility

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by temitemi1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
My lady, this is the new system of govt called 'northocracy'( govt of the north, by the north n for the north)
MizMyColi:
smiley
Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by francizy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Barcanister on point!!! Buhari just confirmed all suspicions of him being bigoted, biased and tribalistic. A man we all raised alarm about his past administration but myopic people rather than look critically at presented facts, lambasted us with insults.

By the way these people behave and still justify morônic moves made by Buhari, one can only wonder how hard hearted and wicked Nigerians can be. I can guarantee you that once this man's ministerial list is out and he didn't butter the bread of some people, all this fake love for him will turn to deep hate.

People who claim to be patriotic but only canvas support either based on tribal sentiments or financial gains. One of them even justified the move by Buhari to grant amnesty to boko haram!

What a world!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by baby124: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
barcanista:
You are asking DSS achievements? Do you know how many arms dss busted? Do you know how many kidnappers dss tracked a? Do you knw how many terrorist suspect dss tracked? Who tracked down sokoto? Ogwuche? That Kogi lecturer? Who busted BH hideout in Apo Abuja? Under whose regim was DSS more active and working? I am not against firing Ekpeyong but the rationale behind bringing back retiree
Who released Ogwuche? Sokoto?
Bring back a retiree because he thinks the retiree will do a good job for him and he can trust him not to be used politically. Let me tell you something about Nigeria. The bosses of most of these outfits are politicians. The real hard working men never make it to the top. He has identified someone he can work with, so let him work with him. After all our former president let us know he does not give a damn about our opinions and appointed his aides and ministers on cronyism with quite a big show of sycophancy.
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by MizMyColi(f): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
temitemi1:
My lady, this is the new system of govt called 'northocracy'( govt of the north, by the north n for the north)
cheesy
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by tucky200(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
barcanista:
He has even done more than the above.

@Spacebookers above: Make una try free space for others biko
Conscerning the refinery issue..e was end of july they said and not june..didn't bother to read the remaining scrap..u don dey add lies for ur articles nowadays
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by MizMyColi(f): 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
Good Afternoonsmiley
Are you Wombraiders?
Wildrage:
I pray he succeeds but my hopes are measured by his antecedent in and out of power. Since 2003 when he first contested for the presidency, his arrogance and sense of political entitlement has been largely undisguised. He has played his politics like a true machiavelian , the end, in his opinion, would certainly justify every despicable means employed. The last election was the only time he ever considered it wise to run on a national platform ,the only medium he considered worthwhile for getting his messages across was BBC hausa service and the only cause he's supported passionately since he left office was the call for the implementation and spread of sharia law throughout Nigeria. To expect him to have a nationalistic approach to governance would continue to be a forlorn hope and misplaced expectation. It is stupid To expect decisiveness from a man who contested election to the highest and most important office in the Land thrice and did not deem it fit in 12yrs to go to his alma mata for his school leaving certificate, an important criteria for his eligibility
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley
Well said.

Nigeria is now a Northern affair. Federal character do not exist. They want to sink Nigeria, they want a situation where power will never leave the North thereby appointing northerners to man key positions. When Tinubu was backing Buhari as against Jonathan I laughed at his ignorance. He is indeed a local champion. Even their nairalander paid agents beremx and co have their regrets now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by Wildrage: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizMyColi:
Good Afternoonsmiley Are you Wombraiders?
No maam, why did ask?
Re: Buhari Administration And Matters Arising by 99100(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
baby124:
As for BH, how long did it take the GEJ government to perform any action? Almost 2yrs. Buhari government so far have done more.

Did Jonathan ever declare any assets Remove the speck in your eyes before you start accusing other's. It will be very hard to judge Buhari because PDP were worse than demons.

At the bolded ,Did Jonathan ever promise a public declaration of his assets?Declaring his assets publicly was one of the many unfulfilled Buhari's campaign promises.

Boko.hari is a dumbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Igbos To Join Islam / Who Is More Popular Between Kanu And Buhari / NBS: Nigeria Recorded Favourable Trade Balance In Q2 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.