Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,310 members, 7,867,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion (692 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / US Deploys Ground Forces Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by shachris02: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
A lot has being said about the lackadaisical attitude of the current administration towards defeating Boko Haram and i am not here to join issues.

All i am asking is that we look at it from another angle.

To me, Buharis has made more progress against boko haram in 30 days than Jonathan has made in 6 years. You doubt?

Let's take a look at PMB's achievement against boko ramam in 30 days.

- He arrested boko haram chief financier http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/07/02/breaking-chad-arrests-boko-haram-leader-financier/

- He arrested - He arrested Chibok girls mastermind - http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/man-accused-of-participating-in-chibok-girls-abduction-arrested/213674/

- No Territory is under boko haram control as of now.

- He has gotten the approval of US, Germany and many European countries to fight the insurgency http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/06/well-work-with-buhari-to-defeat-boko.html

What i think PMB is doing is gathering intelligence and partnerships so that he can fully tackle this insurgency once and for all. By arresting their chief financier, he has access to the core of their operations.

Boko Haram boys know this. That is why they are bombing vehemently to force the government to commit; to force the government into a blind offensive operation. Doing this would take us all back to square one.

Defeating an insurgency is not all shot and shot. You can ask the Americans. It takes massive intelligence gathering so that you don't only defeat them, but you also curb their re-insurgence.

I believe in PMB. Do you?

1 Like

Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by raayah(f): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
Yes, Let baba take his time.
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by lekankolade(m): 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rome was not built in a day...things will work out within time....lets just be optimistic
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by shachris02: 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
lekankolade:
Rome was not built in a day...things will work out within time....lets just be optimistic

Totally. Buhari is not one to slack. I know and believe in the man.
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by shachris02: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
raayah:
Yes, Let baba take his time.

Baba is not just taking his time. he is working hard as we speak, towards defeating the insurgency. Underground work is the most important work.
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
how does this concern a south easterner?

Whatever.
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
krattoss:
how does this concern a south easterner?

Whatever.
you are a Nigerian, and not a south Easterner Bro.
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by themilanway(m): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
I had to like your post.Going by the propanganda the wailing wailers made before the election and after,you would think that Boko Haram by now will have given up arms,just because Buhari became president,have they?

Infact some jobless and attention seeking mofos were quick to point out"Buhari has won,Boko haram stopped".

I strongly believe Buhari is a silent worker and with time Boko haram will be crushed.

I also agree that their recent bombings is a sign that they are desperately trying to force the government to a blind spot,a plan I believe and think would yield nothing.

I believe in PMB
Re: On Buhari's Fight Against Boko Haram - My Opinion by shachris02: 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
themilanway:
I had to like your post.Going by the propanganda the wailing wailers made before the election and after,you would think that Boko Haram by now will have given up arms,just because Buhari became president,have they?

Infact some jobless and attention seeking mofos were quick to point out"Buhari has won,Boko haram stopped".

I strongly believe Buhari is a silent worker and with time Boko haram will be crushed.

I also agree that their recent bombings is a sign that they are desperately trying to force the government to a blind spot,a plan I believe and think would yield nothing.

I believe in PMB

Exactly. And just today a car laden with explosives was intercepted. That is the level we are heading. Nigeria has never had boko haram in control like it does now.

(1) (Reply)

Judging 4rm D Picx, Who Was More Anxious 2 Be President? / Our Witnesses Are Afraid To Testify Against Nyako, Son; EFCC Tells Court / Lamido, Sons Moved To Abuja Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.