Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) (22180 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While Swimming In Italy(photos) / Bride's Mother Dies While On Her Way To Daughter's Wedding Reception In Ibadan / Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting: Suspect In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Harbdulrasaq(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
31 year old Kingsley Chinagorom Echeta pictured above is from Imo State Nigeria and has an 11 month old daughter. Sadly, he painfully died a very debatable death while in police custody in Vienna, Austria.
His partner Ms. Patricia Urbanek, who is also the mother of his child sorrowfully narrated the circumstances surrounding his sudden death. According to Patricia, she and Kingsley had planned to get married in October and she strongly believes his death had not been a natural one.

“I called my husband-to-be on Monday (22.06.2015) around 8pm, and he did not pick. I was still trying till 10pm. I called again around 10:30pm, and one of his phones was switched off. I said okay maybe he was busy and would call me back. In the morning I tried again and the two phones were now off. I was worried because he does not behave like that unless when the police arrest him because of documents. …

Ms. Patricia Urbanek and Naomi Adaeze Echeta during the interview

“On Thursday I went to Landesgericht (regional court) to find out if he was there, and if I could see him. They told me that he had been there but that they had already released him, and that he was out. That means he was not dead, so I went home and was waiting for him to come home.

I tried to call him and his phones were still off. I waited and he did not come home. On Friday I went to the police station in Rudolfstiftung in 3rd district. I told them there that I was looking for my boyfriend, since Monday his phones had been off, and he had never come home and that I was worried about him too much. They asked me what kind of relationship that was if I did not know where my boyfriend was since Monday. I told them that, how would I know if I had not heard from him and had been looking for him. I told them that I had got a letter from the ambulance that they had taken him to hospital on Tuesday morning around 4am. They told me to wait.

They made calls and called me in after about 30 minutes. They asked me to sit down and call my mother. They told me that my boyfriend had stopped breathing and had died on Tuesday, and would not tell me exactly when he had died on Tuesday, but that he was dead.

Today (29.06.2015) we went to see his dead body and to know what had happened to him. I saw that he had a fresh open wound on his left eye, and his mouth was “swollen up. Somewhere around his neck was also open, and I don’t know what that could be. It looked like he was sleeping.

I would like him to be buried in Nigeria because his biggest wish was to see his mother, his father and his family. He has not seen them for almost seven years. He said if we get married, and he gets his documents we would go to Nigeria to see them. So I know that his mother would like him to be in Nigeria. I want him to meet his family and be with his family. I will miss him here, but I will like him to be with his family, as he would wish it,” she sadly said with tears.

Nigerian communities in Vienna, Austria are said to be painfully in grief and they are boiling. When GR's reporter who is also a Nigerian went to the house of Ms. Urbanek’s mother in Rennweg for this interview, the reactions of the 11 month old Naomi Adaeze Echeta to him clearly showed how she had missed her father.

http://www..net/2015/07/photos-nigerian-man-dies.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
i'm sure he was murdered, the story is yet to unfold. RIP bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Mekybliss(f): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
Eyaaa
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by DrSage(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP to the dead!

I thought it was only in Nigeria dat u'll find reckless policemen.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Edwardhead(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
[size=13pt]Why was he in police custody, I couldnt figure it out in the news kiss
na wa o
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by jerflakes(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
Austria
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Mubbyleey(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hmm Naija people everywhere... R I P
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by darlenese(f): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Is that all
Something isn't adding up cry
Rip bro

Greener pasture are not always green : sad

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Soreza(m): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by freesinzu(m): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by eyeon(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Peace to the people who are gone...
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sad story indeed. Hopefully the circumstances will be unravelled so the family can have some form of closure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Btruth: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sometimes, I wonder if racism will ever be eradicated within the whites in Europe. RIP brother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Rilwayne001: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by westgermany: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
All dis akatas and their ways....RIP bro!!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by sdindan: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
RIP! Very soon 1naira = $1. All this racism Wil stop.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Akan(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
When it comes to racism in Europe, I rank Austria with the likes of Russia and Ukraine. It is very much overt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Pavore9: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Painful.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by Pascal181: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
police dsame everywhere u go,rip 2 him.
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by bigangel4u(m): 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sad. It's true that no place is like home. But wait a minute, isn't home even worse?
Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by ugoezeik(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
it so pathetic dat such a thing happened to a nigerian n our stupid government won't say anything about it. but if its d other way round u will see wat Australian government wil do. since dem no regard us here at home hw much more those in diaspora. rip to d dead

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
Akan:
When it comes to racism in Europe, I rank Austria with the likes of Russia and Ukraine. It is very much overt

I don't think so. I'm in Austria presently n i'm yet to experience any racism. Hungary is worse than Austria in that aspect IMO.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by ugoezeik(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
dead of d poor who went to hustle in another man's land. if it had been a government officials son or daughter ehhhh, even if na mosquito dat killed him or her must b found.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) by ugoezeik(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
so dis boi jux die lyk dat? see him galfrnd as she fyn sef. but d gal fat small sha. rip

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia / Immigration Bans Cash Payments At Passport Offices / Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.