Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? (1633 Views)

Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: People Are Dying Of Hunger, Buhari Should Sit Up (Video) / Igbos Should Go & Sit Down,Biafra Dead & Buried, Not Achievable: Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by sambas: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
This post is inspired by the story
of Bobbi Kristina, the only child
of Whitney and Bobby Brown. She
was found unresponsive in her
bath tub in january 2015. I
followed the story since then and
after all the money spent, after
all the efforts made by medical
practitioners. The situation
remained unchanged. Now she
has been placed under hospice
care. The family is finally waiting
for the day she would breath her
last. Her grave is ready. Her
grandmum Cissy Houston says she
is in God's hands now. There was
a time in febuary her aunt Pat
Houston called on the world to
join them in special prayers.
Millions gathered in front of her
hospital in Georgia and prayed for
her but nothing happened.
I have seen a lot in life to say
without fear or favor that
miracles don't really happen.(I
stand to be corrected with
convincing points)
I stopped believing in miracles
since 2007. Something happened
in my family in 2007 . An
ugly incident that made me a
born again christian. I visited
many churches. I did everything I
was told to make sure the miracle
happened. I was pained because
the person involved didn't
deserve the pains and suffering
he was passing through. I gave up
everything. Earrings, make up,
trousers,wayward friends. I
became an angel. I made peace
with everyone that has wronged
and people I wronged.
I was just a young girl that had an
old head on young shoulders.
There is no miracle church I have
not stepped my foot into as far as
Lagos state is concerned. There is
no tape I didn't buy. There was
no christian book I didn't buy.
You know that hopeless moment
in one's life when desperation
takes a better part of you.
I did all that without minding the
fact that I was growing older by
the day. I looked like a lady in
her late twenties even when I was
just in my late teens. After all
that ,the miracle never came.
The person in question is
suffering since 2007.
The incident made me lose faith
in churches, pastors,their
teachings and their staged
miracles. I have seen miracles
happen only in movies and novels
but I have never seen it happen
in real life. So its safe to say
miracles don't exist/happen.
If it did, the prayers of my family
members, friends and many
pastors we knew would have
brought the much needed miracle
our way.
That's why I get angry when a
woman is adviced to stay in an
abusive marriage and pray. She
go die Sara one day.
That's why I get angry when
people enter a faulty vehicle and
believe accidents would not
happen. Odiegwu.
That's why I stopped going to
church because I hate when
pastors keeping binding and
casting Shekau. The very next
day, a bomb will still explode
somewhere and claim innocent
lives.
Please don't blame me for my
beliefs. God knows the end from
the beginning.So you see, its not
my fault.
That incident changed the course
of my life and changed it forever.
It has made me this way.
That incident made me believe
that life is empty and useless
after all. One moment a person is
full of life. The next moment he/
she can not recognize even their
own child.
That incident made me believe
more in facing realities than
waste my time visting any church
or pastor. It has turned me into
an unrepentant realist.
When one of my hubby's friend
was diagnosed with hernia in
2013. His family members
wanted to tow the same path we
towed in 2007. I just told them
in no uncertain terms that if they
didn't take his ass to the hospital
and have an operation. He will
just die a slow and painful death.
He was even lucky his ailment was
not above medication.
Its painful to watch your blood
suffer. Its more painful to know
prayers can't even help
them.Anytime I see him, I have
more reasons to doubt the power
of prayers. Even though my
family members are still praying
and waiting for the miracle that
will never happen. I have stopped
praying and believing. I have left
him in God's hands. I really feel
the Houston's pain especially that
of Cissy.
I don't get it. Do God actually sit
in his throne and allow people go
through pains? One question I
know even the religious people in
the world would never answer.
Maybe I will get the answers I
need when God finally calls me
home. Till then, let me bask in
the euphoria of my belief. The
belief that miracles don't exist
and prayers don't work.
Ifeoma Lawal©©®™2015

6 Likes

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by raayah(f): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
/

1 Like

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by westgermany: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
Google is ur friend
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by menesheh(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
God is in every believers brain.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
hmmm.... I'm touched.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
I have never experienced any, but I do know and believe miracle, happens. God exist, only a fool says there is no God. My GF had a sister that was a sickler, but miraculously she got healed. Miracles do exist my dear. And there is truly a God somewhere.
There is an appointed time for everyone. Not everybody will be healed. God knows best.

2 Likes

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by taiwo850629: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
I will pray for the person and he/she will be healed. Just try me. You can contact me- 08107535362, 08188171420 (whatsapp), taiwo1462001@yahoo.com
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by libertyfather(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
What a pathetic story, I really understand you op or whoever that got the story.... but for all I care find God you will definitely smile again
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by oyewolestephen(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
since the rise of technology..No one is sitting on the throne again . If u have any problem get it solved in other means. Stop relying on an imaginary god

3 Likes

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
IN HULKS VOICE....."PUNNY GOD"
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnnydon22....... Come chop oo, food don ready.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by kolajamesjnr(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
Is there any throne to begin with

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by onetrack(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
God does not sit on his throne and watch people suffer.....because he does not exist.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by OgundeleT(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
taiwo850629:
I will pray for the person and he/she will be healed. Just try me. You can contact me- 08107535362, 08188171420 (whatsapp), taiwo1462001@yahoo.com
So ur god cant answer the prayer until they call ur number?

1 Like

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by johnydon22(m): 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
krattoss:
johnnydon22....... Come chop oo, food don ready.
Lol....naaaah i'll pass you guys are already doing a great job on it. not every thread is worth commenting on you know wink
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by taiwo850629: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
I'll pray. God will answer my prayer. You just have to understand that God understands what you're going through. Dont listen to people who say God is disconnected from your sufferng. God understands and feels what you're going through.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by urheme: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Op, i don,t blame you, but God does not leave in churches.

His words have been placed in your heart that no one, books or material items shall teach u about God,

Whether bad things happens or not, i will pray to inspire and strengten the God in me,

God is irreligious so i don't look for religious miracle, but for sure, when the supernatural happens, i call it a miracle, eg when fishes fell from the sky and when there is a volcanic erruption, they are beyound our control.

There is one thing to be religious and another to be Godly,

Op you went religious, pls find God in your heart
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 3:48am On Jul 05, 2015
urheme:
Op, i don,t blame you, but God does not leave in churches.

His words have been placed in your heart that no one, books or material items shall teach u about God,

Whether bad things happens or not, i will pray to inspire and strengten the God in me,

God is irreligious so i don't look for religious miracle, but for sure, when the supernatural happens, i call it a miracle, eg when fishes fell from the sky and when there is a volcanic erruption, they are beyound our control.

There is one thing to be religious and another to be Godly,

Op you went religious, pls find God in your heart
You are speaking in parables. How do u suggest the op get God to answer her prayer or petition?
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by enilove(m): 6:15am On Jul 05, 2015
God is on the throne and He loves us and does not want us to surfer or perish in the hand of the devil. This world is not a child's play. It is full of evil .

God performed one miracle in my life ,which I cannot say here because of time, and severally saved me from death even when I was a sinner.
Truly speaking , God exists .

I am of age with one wife and children in the universities , by the grace of God. I had great oppositions, if not for God , I would have been destroyed beyond remedy by powers of darkness. I know what I am saying.

It may surprise you to know in d future that that member of your family which you think does not deserve that pain or horrible situation could be in that situation for reasons beyond your knowledge.

1 . Some people because of money go into evil covenant and agreement with powers of darkness to get rich but would not tell anyone when the devil starts afflicting them .

2. Some are in this terrible state because d evil they wanted to carryout against innocent person backfired .

3. Some things are natural which need medical attention and some are spiritual which can only be dealt with spiritually by total obedience to God or mercy of God , if you go to the right church, or still , if you are a merciful person too.

4. An unconfessed sin of a can keep him in bondage unless he confess d sin and decides not to go back to them . God says:

John 9:31 KJV
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

You should note what the bible says in :

Ephesians 6:10-17 KJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. [11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places . [13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. [17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

The verse 12 above tells us that we wrestle with powers of darkness and powerful enemies in high places.

There is no much time for me to explain some things but God gave me a miracle which was not done by any pastor or known to any pastor because I couldn't go to them because of of fear, but God did it in the church when we were asked to place our hands of any place we needed touch of God and I did . The problem which was about 20 years or so disappeared till today. This happened 21 years ago. Since then God has been saving and providing for me and my family .

I pray that God will have mercy on us and show us His power, once more , in this nation like the days of Prophet Ayo Babalola, in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by urheme: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2015
tosag:
You are speaking in parables. How do u suggest the op get God to answer her prayer or petition?

Op went to churches because he wanted a miracle not because he love God, so he felt he has been scamed.

Op cannot get God to answer, God chooses whom to have mercy on.

1 Like

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by taiwo850629: 7:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Don't forget to share your testimony here when your problem is solved; and it is. Just have faith. Begin doing what you could not do before.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2015
I'm looking for a good reason to go to church.

...when I see pain, touch pain, feel pain, eat pain, endure pain, understand pain, live with pain, married pain, grow in pain, witness real pain, hear pain...

it like we are meant to live in pain.

Op try the Hindu philosophy, maybe it could help. They are as old as the bible stories.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:25am On Jul 05, 2015
THE ANSWER IS VERY SIMPLE, THE REASON WHY MOST CHRISTIANS GO THROUGH PAINS AND SUFFERINGS IS BECAUSE MOST DONT KNOW GOD'S WORD AND HOW TO APPLY IT. MOST CHURCHES IVE GONE TO TODAY DONT EVEN TEACH HOW TO APPLY GODS WORDS AND SEE HIS POWER IN THEIR LIFE.

I MEAN IVE BEEN TO PLACES WHERE NORMAL CHRISTIANS EVEN RAISE THE DEAD. BECAUSE THEY HAD WONDERFUL PASTORS/TEACHERS THAT KNEW THE POWER OF GOD AND TAUGHT IT TO THEIR MEMBERS.

I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT IF YOU GO TO THE WRONG CHURCH WHERE ALL THEY TEACH IS TRADITIONS OF MEN (THAT THE BIBLE SAYS MAKES THE WORD OF NON EFFECT) YOU MIGHT DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME AND PEOPLE AROUND WILL BLAME GOD, YOU MIGHT EVEN STAY BROKE AND SICK ALL YOUR LIFE..

ITS NOT GOD THATS THE PROBLEM ITS CHRISTIANS/HUMANS THAT THE PROBLEM. THEYVE DENIED THE POWER IN THE WORD.

GOD RIGHTFULLY SAID "MY PEOPLE (CHRISTIANS) PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE"

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE ROMANS GO TO ROME; IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE POWER OF GOD, GO TO WHERE THE POWER IS AND STOP STAYING IN DEAD CHURCHES AND THEN THINGS HAPPEN AND YOU BLAME GOD.

BUT THE TRUTH IS IVE NOT REALLY SEEN MOST CHURCHES IN THIS COUNTRY EXHIBITING GOD'S POWER. I SEE THEM MOSTLY IN THE U.S.

GOD'S POWER DOES NOT AMSWER TO CRYING OR BEGGING, IT ANSWERS ONLY TO FAITH IN HIS WORDS. YOU CAN CRY TO GOD FROM NOW TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE AND NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN. AND YOU WILL WONDER QHY GOD DIDNT ANSWER. WHY DONT YOU STAND IN FAITH IN GOD'S WORD AND DECLARE IT AND SEE THE WONDERS THAT WILL HAPPEN.

A VERY FAITHLESS AND PERVERSE GENERATION THAT IS WHAT THIS IS. AND BECAUSE OF THAT IT HAS GIVEN ATHEISTS VOICE. I WISH I COULD TAKE SOME OF THIS PPL TO SOME PLACES AND SEE HOW THEY WOULD LOGICALLY EXPLAIN WHAT THEY SEE.

1 Like

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2015
And surely We shall try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and crops; but give glad tidings to the patient, Who says, when afflicted with calamity: “To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return”: They are those on whom (descend) Blessings from Allah, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance. (Al-Baqarah 2:155-157)
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by wordcat(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2015
God have to exist first before sitting on throne

2 Likes

Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by obiZEAL(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2015
taiwo850629:
another great scamer...next it will be account number for her to send money for prayer materials...
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by keenn: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Many av told how their prayers have been answered, but in a rush not to give us details(telling us how there's no time this, there's no time that)...we have a fellow in bitter cry as to the certainty of answered prayers and miracles and all what believers of prayers and miracle could give is for the OP to exercise faith and hope.

Its the saddest truth, bad as it is, even if i feel so disappointed and empty myslef that we are on our own.

There might be a creator/God/force that cares, but the situation of things...chaos, suffering, unfairness, inhumanity to man ...might create a doubting/contrary/objective mind to a non-bias mind.

My advice is to limit self pity as much as possible, do what is pragmatic/needful/essential before death comes.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Psylas(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2015
God is fraud, God doesn't exist
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Lex11(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
"The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." - Psalm 145:17

Adversity is difficult to endure, no doubt, but we tend to miss the bigger picture... salvation of the soul, through the Selfless sacrifice of GOD Himself in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18

"For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ." - 2 Corinthians 1:5

Remember Job... his sufferings, God's steadfast mercies, and his following healing and prosperity.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Op,I tell you what! The only reason you been curious as to why god is inconsiderate about the world problem is because,your brain has just been updated to the logic 0S from the previous indoctrinated 0S.

Bobbi kristina is lying half dead in a hospice home waiting to be certified dead and her family members are helpless about her situation not that they don't have the money but reality is taking course.

To all militant theist/believers out there,If truly your god exist,what will it cost him to just pronounce that dying girl healed,it only signifies two things.
1) Either your god is non existence and been lied to all your life or
2) Your god isn't that powerful and potent you was taught or
3) He is just more wicked than the Nazi Germany Hitler who killed about 700 jews in a drone in one day.
Re: Do God Actually Sit In His Throne And Allow People Go Through Pains? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
urheme:

Op went to churches because he wanted a miracle not because he love God, so he felt he has been scamed.

Op cannot get God to answer, God chooses whom to have mercy on.
The bible says God is merciful. A "merciful" God is not supposed to be selective. I know of people who don't love God who are making it big time without much effort, while people who worship God can barely eat a meal. Sometimes I am tempted to believe that God does not exist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists So Concerned About Christianity? / [pics]malawi Pastor,prophet Shepherd Bushiri Acquires A 3rd Private Jet In 2yrs / King Solomon The Lover Of Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.