Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola (793 Views)

Bring price of Fuel down now!!! - Fashola tells GEJ #Recap / FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by buffead(f): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
Lagos state governor, Babatunde Fashola, speaking at an Economic Summit in Lagos, yesterday, said despite the calls for the ban of okada, the state would not ban their use as a means of public transport now because it is indispensable.

“There is no alternative to okada business for now,’’ he said. He stated that when people are stranded at bus stops okada always proved a very useful means of conveying them to their destinations. “The state government is not thinking of banning okada now until the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme is fully operational in the state,’’ he said.

While speaking on the light rail system, Fashola said the state has started work on two of the seven light rail projects, which would cost the state N5 billion. He also emphasized that people must seek approval before erecting their buildings, as the state government would not tolerate lawlessness.

On the ongoing micro-water works in the state, Fashola disclosed that 12 micro-water projects are currently being executed across the state, adding that two of the micro-water projects would be completed by the middle of this month. The economic summit was attended by managing directors and chief executive officers of banks and other stakeholders in the economy of the state.

www.onlinenigeria.com
Re: We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by Pataki: 2:48am On Mar 05, 2009
I must commend Fashola. In a way, he is very intelligent. Not like other figure head governors across Nigeria. I guess his strategy is making other options of employment available across the state, improve and facilitate other means of transportation which also promotes job creation, then Okada banning can be the next step.
Re: We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by Lagosboy: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2009
In as much as Okada is a menace to the society i would not propose to the ban them for now as this would render thousands of people jobless and they would just resort to armed robbery. The govt has to look for ways of absorbing these people into other employment if they ever ban them.

Nonthless those bikes are an environmental nuisance to the city of Lagos.
Re: We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

In as much as Okada is a menace to the society i would not propose to the ban them for now as this would render thousands of people jobless and they would just resort to armed robbery. The govt has to look for ways of absorbing these people into other employment if they ever ban them.

Nonthless those bikes are an environmental nuisance to the city of Lagos.

ol boy those bikes are a necessity. . .
Re: We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by Lagosboy: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2009
oyb:

ol boy those bikes are a necessity. . .

I feel u my guy its just how those drivers drive those toys that make me go crazy. They dont move from cars and compete with them.
Some years ago i travelled to Lagos and i was driving then suddenly 2 bikes appeared on the road from a side street wihout looking at the road and i couldnt swerve as there were roadside traders. I hit both of them and before i could say jack robinson about 30 of them had surrounded me. It was by the mercy of God that i did not kill them but i had to pay for their treatment and stuff. IU wonder how many accident they have caused and i think those guys should be given proper training .

Since then i really feel scared to drive when i am in Lagos cos of those bikes, men me i fear them o and i no won kill person!!!
Re: We Won’t Ban Okada Now’—fashola by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2009
pele o. . .

na lagos be that (danfo/okada/lastma/police/trailers/molue/motorcade/other drivers)

if you think of all the madness on the roads, you will never venture out in a car

which was why i never drove until my company gave me official car, after which i had no excuse - oh well, getting used to it now. .

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Mtn 3g-it's Fake / Wanted! Fani Kayode's Mistress / Putting Your Country First And Your Tribe Second

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.