Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote (1121 Views)

Throwback Thursday:photo Of Chelsea Star Moses After Trials With Nigerian Club / My Nigerian Fans Ask Me For Money Instead Of Autographs – Alex Iwobi / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by 360ng: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian billionaire businessman, has disclosed why he wants to buy English Premier League team, Arsenal but is not looking at buying clubs in Nigeria.

The billionaire was criticized in certain circles, with some observers repeating he should have bought a club in his own country and not look abroad.

Meanwhile, speaking to a group of senior editors, Dangote said: “the issue is that if I buy all the Nigerian clubs, the Nigerian flags will continue to remain here. But buying Arsenal will take the Nigerian flag worldwide. Just like whenever Abrahamovich is mentioned, the name of his country, Russia comes up, everyone knows he’s Russian.

”“I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team,” Dangote said in an interview on a flight between Addis Ababa and Lagos in May this year,”he added.

“I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.

”If Dangote is successful with a future bid, it would make him the first African owner of a club in United Kingdom.

The businessman, who is the richest man in Africa, owns $15.7billion according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and was eagerly trying to buy a share in the Gunners in 2010.

>> SOURCE HERE <<
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by mrpackager(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2015

[I] good for him

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerian cool[/i]
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Starships4u(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2015
Em no concern me
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Galacious1: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Good point, Dangote.
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Princecalm(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2015
what else can we say, it is your money, spend as it pleases you.
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by osaslord500(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2015
nice decision
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by abbeycial: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2015
Sir,
Go ahead and buy Arsenal, den I would buy u both.

#checking my account balance at akeengu micro finance bank#
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 05, 2015
abbeycial:
Sir,
Go ahead and buy Arsenal, den I would buy u both.
[url]

Senseless!

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by abbeycial: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2015
gbl01:

Senseless!
Stop beefing, I can feed ur lazy azz for a decade without blinking
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2015
abbeycial:

Stop beefing, I can feed ur lazy azz for a decade without blinking

Doesn't stop you from being senseless

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by ramdris(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2015
You have my support pal. Am also thinking of buying Barcelona FC...
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by abbeycial: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2015
gbl01:

Doesn't stop you from being senseless
Seems u r on ur period right?
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2015
abbeycial:

Seems u r on ur period right?

Again, that's senseless. Try to make sense bro, it takes nothing from you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Forzap: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2015
Na lie,wich kine yeye flag undecided…its simple,if buys arsenal he can make profits but will neva make profit if he buys a naija club,shekina!!
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by AndreUweh(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Dangote will not be the first African to own a club in premiership football. Fulham until recently was owned by an African from Egypt.
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by mexiae(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
put your money where. .....it'll yield profit #sir
one day I'll be a billionaire grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
Dangote needs to find a better reason to give for not buying a Nigerian club.
Re: Why I Want To Buy Arsenal Instead Of Nigerian Club - Dangote by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2015

(1) (Reply)

. / UCL Barcelona Vs Atl Madrid / Chelsea Defender Sent Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.