Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador (725 Views)

Wike & Wife Host American Ambassador, Seeks True Federalism - Pictures / Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? / Osinbajo Receives American Ambassador To Nigeria 'james F. Entwistle' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by midolian(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
The U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, said on Saturday that the people of Nigeria have no better friend that the United States.

Mr.Entwistle stated this in his remarks to mark the 239th Independence Anniversary of the U.S., which was commemorated at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja.
He explained that Nigeria and the U.S. had known

“deep wounds and devastating losses” throughout their histories, adding that “time after time the people of both nations have overcome those tragedies.”

“I told former President Goodluck Jonathan when I arrived in Nigeria in November 2013, and Secretary of State John Kerry told President Muhammadu Buhari when they met immediately after inauguration.

“I am sure President Barack Obama will tell President Buhari when he receives him in Oval Office at the White House on July 20.
“The people of Nigeria have no better friend than the United States.

“In my country, our commitment to democracy is right there in our Declaration of Independence. Here in Nigeria, you demonstrated to the world your commitment to democracy in historic elections earlier this year.

“In both of our great countries, commitment to democracy is deeply woven into our status as free and independent peoples,” he said.
The U.S. envoy pointed out that Nigeria and the U.S had maintained a robust engagement for many years adding that the partnership with Nigeria “has run deep”.

Mr. Entwistle said that U.S. had worked with the Federal Government on a host of issues like elections, security, the Niger Delta, fighting infectious diseases and spurring broad-based, inclusive economic growth, among others.
According to him, the U.S. stands with every Nigerian who believes that the country can be healthier, safer and more prosperous.

“For me, this is an exciting time to be in Nigeria. In the past year, we’ve seen Nigerian doctors and nurses defeat Ebola.

“We’ve seen the Nigerian military reclaim territory from Boko Haram.

“And most of all, we’ve seen the Nigerian people go to the polls and defy expectations, made their voices heard as they insisted that their votes count.

“Thanks to them, the light of Nigerian democracy shines brightly across the continent,” he said.
The U.S. envoy said that as Nigeria fought Boko Haram and rebuilt the North East, the U.S. would continue to help in every appropriate way.

“As you lead the efforts to provide humanitarian aid to those driven from their communities and help them return home, we assist with food, medical care, and education programmes.

“As you fight corruption, we offer technical assistance, training for investigators and prosecutors, and a commitment to ensure that no stolen funds are laundered through our banking system.

“As you improve the business climate, we encourage trade and investment.

“As you continue privatisation of your power grid, through President Obama’s Power Africa initiative, we stand ready to go.

“Among other things, we will help companies invest in building more electricity infrastructure, especially environmentally-friendly power generation.
“As you increase your commitment to healthcare and education, we support those efforts too,” he said.

The event was attended by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, and Edo Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, and wife.

The Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, several envoys, National Assembly members, captains of industries and top government functionaries also graced the occasion.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/186095-u-s-is-nigerias-best-friend-american-ambassador.html
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by piicity(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by 4stylz: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stories; make dem talk better thing
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by DickDastardly(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
yeah, best friendly deadly enemy cool Believe the yankies at your peril

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Adegbodolu1: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
DickDastardly:
yeah, best friendly deadly enemy cool
Believe the yankies at your peril

Abi o, believe those bastards at your own peril.

Evil, calculating, cold racists.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by samueld0(m): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by redsconsult(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
If US should be nigeria best friend then there should be visa free between each country. Why must i pay huge to visit my best friend, why must i go through rigorous screening to visit my bestie, why cant i look my bestie face and tell him whenever his face is dirty(homosextual). Best friend in deed

1 Like

Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
And APC supporters will soon come and celebrate dis non-sense news

1 Like

Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by scribble: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Blood of Jesus

I rebuke this satanic liar and his evil countrymen in the name of Jesus

419 bastardos with their faggotic way of life
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
A minute silence for the death of Nigeria with this our new best friend
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by joseph1832(m): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
And APC supporters will soon come and celebrate dis non-sense news
Not every APC supporter is gullible like you oremi mumu. Only the mumu ones who partake in your reign of mumuness will celebrate this...

ECOTERRORS:
Mind you, you should be aware that the U.S is only best of friends with country they have something to gain from. So long as the country is stewpid enough to fall for their gimmicks.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Ray1251(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Cs:ip
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by agarawu23(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will agree with you on this tongue

any country that takes US as best friend is sitting on a gun powder.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
Beware.
Americans speak with both sides of the mouth.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
that man is a slowpoke for saying this
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Maxymilliano(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Believe this ... You'll believe anything .
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yes waiting for the president of West Germini to pay his Vow.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
USA - Terrorist Manufacturing Factory of The World.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by stevecantrell: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
that man is a slowpoke for saying this

worse than a retard, doesn't he know no sane Nigerian believes him ?
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
stevecantrell:

worse than a retard, doesn't he know no sane Nigerian believes him ?
i wonder ooo cheesy
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
redsconsult:
If US should be nigeria best friend then there should be visa free between each country. Why must i pay huge to visit my best friend, why must i go through rigorous screening to visit my bestie, why cant i look my bestie face and tell him whenever his face is dirty(homosextual). Best friend in deed
Funny.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by jammani(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
See toasting. If yu like talk say yu be our younger brother-- I swear Nigerian aint going back on GAY issue.
Re: U.S. Is Nigeria’s Best Friend – American Ambassador by asadike(f): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
That means Russia will be biafra's new ally.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Apc Denies Murder Allegation Against Chairman... / Onyeka Nwelue: An Open Letter To Senator Ben Murray-bruce [the Trent Voices] / New Political Party Created In White House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.