Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

W - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / W (1933 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba / Former US President George W Bush Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

W by fyneboi79(m): 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
THREAD CLOSED!
Re: W by Babacele: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
please ,ask that question again n you ll destroy the foundations of so many religions. You might have started a war bro!
Re: W by Babacele: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
please ,ask that question again n you ll destroy the foundations of so many religions. You might have started a war bro!
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
Babacele:
I am told to forgive my enemy and to wish him well. Do I then forgive my enemy today with the plan of hurting him(my enemy) when the time is right which is synonymous with casting satan into the lake of fire one day? If I am to forgive and forget then why the promise of eternal damnation?

1 Like

Re: W by pedrojustice: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
If Satan or Lucifer will humble himself and ask God who created everything in the world for forgivness. Then God will forgive..

1 Like

Re: W by kfrosh: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Spreads mat; let the comments roll in grin
Re: W by Brown47: 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
God will not do such because it will spoil his game.

1 Like

Re: W by menesheh(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
I was just thinking when the question occurred to me,and I asked myself.
Why can't God just forgive satan all sins committed against humanity and Heaven and let evil stop for good so that we can all live as one world?

This showcases the fake and lies god concept is embodied with.

In the word of Christopher hitchens "all religion is man man"
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
pedrojustice:
If Satan or Lucifer will humble himself and ask God who created everything in the world for forgivness. Then God will forgive..
So maybe we should also wait for our enemies to ask for forgiveness before we forgive them too. And if they don't ask,then we don't forgive. grin

4 Likes

Re: W by Ganjafama(m): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
pedrojustice:
If God forgives satan today, how do we humans know? Secondly, forgiving satan is tantamont to causing chaos because over the years religion has defined the way people live their lives.
Re: W by jerflakes(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ganjafama:
If God forgives satan today, how do we humans know? Secondly, forgiving satan is tantamont to causing chaos because over the years religion has defined the way people live their lives.

Causing chaos how?

When God forgives satan, there will be peace, and not chaos.

Because the devil in us will no longer exist.

The more reasonable question for the op is why cant God just destroy satan with the snap of a finger?

Doesnt that show you that God and satan are partners in crime?

1 Like

Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
jerflakes:

Causing chaos how?

When God forgives satan, there will be peace, and not chaos.

Because the devil in us will no longer exist.

The more reasonable question for the op is why cant God just destroy satan with the snap of a finger?

Doesnt that show you that God and satan are partners in crime?
Christianity preaches unconditional forgiveness and love for ones enemies. So in the same pattern I feel if God can draw satan back the same way He threw him down from heaven then all evil may cease and good will prevail. Was it not out of an unforgiving spirit and anger that satan was thrown down in d first place? God destroying satan would leave us to also want to destroy our enemies.

1 Like

Re: W by CaptainJune: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
God can never forgive satan or the angels that rebelled against Him.

Satan and the angels who sinned against God were originally created perfect, without sin unlike man. They used to dwell in the presence of God. They saw God, knew His laws but deliberately rebelled against Him. Besides, they were created in their complete state so that any sin they committed would attract eternal punishment as there is no way the sin(s) of a spirit can be atoned for by physical blood which is the only atonement for sins. That's why Jesus had to die on the cross to shed His spotless blood for the forgiveness of the sins of man, not angels.

Besides, God has already said the fate of Satan is hell fire and He honours His Word above His name.

2 Likes

Re: W by Medicis(m): 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
Why can't God just forgive satan all sins committed against humanity and Heaven and let evil stop for good so that we can all live as one world?
I think your question should be why can't satan just ask God for forgiveness for all his sins
Re: W by Medicis(m): 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Atheists... They can reason with their anus shaa.
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
Ok
Re: W by OgundeleT(m): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
CaptainJune:

Satan and the angels who sinned against God were originally created perfect, without sin unlike man. They used to dwell in the presence of God. They saw God, knew His laws but deliberately rebelled against Him.
and God didnt know they will rebel against him b4 he created them?
Besides, they were created in their complete state so that any sin they committed would attract eternal punishment
[/quote]
can u prove this with a bible verse?
as there is no way the sin(s) of a spirit can be atoned for by physical blood which is the only atonement for sins. That's why Jesus had to die on the cross to shed His spotless blood for the forgiveness of the sins of man, not angels.
[/quote]
Why is it neccesary for God to kill b4 he forgive? Cant he forgive without killing anybody or he want to drank blood b4 he can?
Besides, God has already said the fate of Satan is hell fire and He honours His Word above His name.[/quote]
what will God derive in burning satan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: W by Medicis(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
. That is not what christianity preaches. Christianity preaches love for ones enemies.
BTW I think I like the old testament laws of "eye for an eye". It sounds more like it in reality.
Are you a Christian
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
CaptainJune:

Satan and the angels who sinned against God were originally created perfect, without sin unlike man. They used to dwell in the presence of God. They saw God, knew His laws but deliberately rebelled against Him. Besides, they were created in their complete state so that any sin they committed would attract eternal punishment as there is no way the sin(s) of a spirit can be atoned for by physical blood which is the only atonement for sins. That's why Jesus had to die on the cross to shed His spotless blood for the forgiveness of the sins of man, not angels.

Besides, God has already said the fate of Satan is hell fire and He honours His Word above His name.
So will I be wrong not to forgive a person who I gave so much opportunity yet decides to back stab me.
Re: W by Medicis(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
. That is not what christianity preaches. Christianity preaches love for ones enemies.
BTW I think I like the old testament laws of "eye for an eye". It sounds more like it in reality.
Are you a Christian
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Medicis:
Are you a Christian

1 Like

Re: W by Uyi168: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
one thing i knw is...right before man was created;God already had a plan..nd dat plan is wat is playing out right now!!..its jux like a script..actors nd actresses re told wat to act...God x d director;we re d actors.....
Re: W by jerflakes(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
Christianity preaches unconditional forgiveness and love for ones enemies. So in the same pattern I feel if God can draw satan back the same way He threw him down from heaven then all evil may cease and good will prevail. Was it not out of an unforgiving spirit and anger that satan was thrown down in d first place? God destroying satan would leave us to also want to destroy our enemies

You keep talking like you do t believe in your religion.

If God destroys satan, WHICH ENEMIES WILL WE HAVE TO DESTROY?

For your info, destroying satan is the complete eradication of evil.

We will not wven remember that we we have enemies.

Na wa o.

Stop thinking like a human when you're discussing spiritual matters.
Re: W by johnydon22(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
Just like all other superhero movies. . . The final fight with the boss is always reserved for the end part

1 Like

Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
jerflakes:

You keep talking like you do t believe in your religion.

If God destroys satan, WHICH ENEMIES WILL WE HAVE TO DESTROY?

For your info, destroying satan is the complete eradication of evil.

We will not wven remember that we we have enemies.

Na wa o.

Stop thinking like a human when you're discussing spiritual matters.
When I refer to our enemies I mean worldly rivals. Like those forces from the village grin
Re: W by CaptainJune: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
OgundeleT:

and God didnt know they will rebel against him b4 he created them?

God knew they would sin but being a just God He created them to give them a chance to serve Him along with those who serve Him faithfully. That's all I know about the reason for creating them. His just nature makes Him create light and darkness, saints and sinners, heaven and hell, good and evil. He does not create one and leave the other.

can u prove this with a bible verse?

Read Ezekiel 28:13-15 and Psalm 104:4

Why is it neccesary for God to kill b4 he forgive? Cant he forgive without killing anybody or he want to drank blood b4 he can?

In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness (Hebrews 9:22). Read also Leviticus 17:11. You will know why Jesus had to sacrifice His life on the cross.

what will God derive in burning satan?

Angels who rebel against God have no way of atoning for their sins because that would mean regeneration or transformation. Now, as spirits if they were to be regenerated, what state would they change into? Spirits? They're already spirits. The blood of Christ can only work on spirits not in their final state, something made possible by the presence of physical flesh. Once the flesh dies, no regeneration is possible for that man especially if he died in his sins. There is no repentance in the grave. This means no man can repent after death because he is then in his final state.

Once found in a state of sin where regeneration is impossible, the person is just like weed or waste that is meant only for the fire. God does not delight in punishing people by sending them to hell but that their sins make forgiveness impossible and punishment inevitable.
Re: W by CaptainJune: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
So will I be wrong not to forgive a person who I gave so much opportunity yet decides to back stab me.

We are commanded to love our fellow humans, even our enemies but there is no verse in the Bible where God commanded us to love or forgive demons.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places - Ephesians 6:12.

If God called them wickedness in heavenly places, who are you to say otherwise?

Jesus said His disciples will heal the sick and cast out demons. Who are you to say otherwise? Are you wiser than God, the One who created them?
Re: W by Medicis(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
I was born into christianity but now I have become a free thinker.
Most of u are born christians and so u believe it is the right and only way. Have u ever thought of those born into islam who also believe that Islam is the only way to salvation. Can you now see d logic? We all believe where we are born into is d best.
I try as much as possible to be good to my fellow men. And if u want to be nasty,I take the "eye for an eye route......that is my own religion grin
Mr Free thinker. You are not wise at all cus if you are you should know that christianity is not judaism. I'm a Christian not because I was born into. God has laws and he won't change them for anybody and satan was fully aware, so he choose his own path @captainjune explains it better. God cannot just forgive sin because his laws( that cannot be changed) requires that an atonement( blood) must be made for such individual... That's why in the case of a man, jesus was used for that atonement but there was no body that could atone for for the devil because he his a spirit and spirits don't have blood... So there was nothing God could do. If God breaks his own laws, that would amount to sinning and God cannot sin. GOD IS NOT A DICTATOR!!! He has laws and satan knew, so he purposely choose his own path and never ask God for forgivness ( Read Heb 9:1-end). Incase you don't know, the devil has already been judged.
Re: W by kolajamesjnr(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sipping zobo reading comments cool grin
Re: W by fyneboi79(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
Medicis:
Mr Free thinker. You are not wise at all cus if you are you should know that christianity is not judaism. I'm a Christian not because I was born into. God has laws and he won't change them for anybody and satan was fully aware, so he choose his own path @captainjune explains it better. God cannot just forgive sin because his laws( that cannot be changed) requires that an atonement( blood) must be made for such individual... That's why in the case of a man, jesus was used for that atonement but there was no body that could atone for for the devil because he his a spirit and spirits don't have blood... So there was nothing God could do. If God breaks his own laws, that would amount to sinning and God cannot sin. GOD IS NOT A DICTATOR!!! He has laws and satan knew, so he purposely choose his own path and never ask God for forgivness ( Read Heb 9:1-end). Incase you don't know, the devil has already been judged.
You sound like a real hypocrite grin
Re: W by Medicis(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
With all ur acclaimed wisdom you have ended up saying nothing but trash. Pls go and die and find out more. Bl00dy hypocrite
Psalm 118:17King James Version (KJV)

17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. God bless you!!!!
Re: W by Babacele: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
fyneboi79:
I am told to forgive my enemy and to wish him well. Do I then forgive my enemy today with the plan of hurting him(my enemy) when the time is right which is synonymous with casting satan into the lake of fire one day? If I am to forgive and forget then why the promise of eternal damnation?
You have started a revolution so many folks are bothered about but afraid to lead. Go on ask them pastors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Steps On How To Live A Good Christian Life / #throwbackthursday: COZA Nigeria Welcomes Benny Hinn To Abuja (photos) / The Final Truth About Tithe By Paul Eneche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.