Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick (1364 Views)

Edos In The Diaspora / See The Witch That Fell And Crash Landed In An Environ In Benin. / Witch Caught In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 2:36am On Jul 06, 2015
over the years , there is this stereotype that edos are very witchy. I really don't know y people tend to think about us that way. there is no place that is free of evil spiritual powers Aka "witch craft" I see no reason why the edos case would be so blown outta proportion. to an extent when you introduce yourself as an Edo the next thing you hear is "those witch people". this should really stop. the edos are very friendly people and very intelligent. I just think they are over rated when it comes to the witch aspect.
have you been bewitched or have seen someone who has been bewitched by an Edo person.?
share your experience and your opinion on this issue.

lalasticlala plz uplift this topic woWo

2 Likes

Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by Kingsasian(m): 2:56am On Jul 06, 2015
At this time of the night you are talking about witchcraft.
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 3:05am On Jul 06, 2015
this is when d inspiration came... no vex bros
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by papoose999(m): 4:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Edo pple badt gan I was dia sum yrs back during a field trip in igarra nna mehn na every angle charm dey dey use am hang tree self dem say mk we no wear red cloth mk we no chop deir fruit self DAT Edo na wa
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 4:28am On Jul 06, 2015
papoose999:
Edo pple badt gan I was dia sum yrs back during a field trip in igarra nna mehn na every angle charm dey dey use am hang tree self dem say mk we no wear red cloth mk we no chop deir fruit self DAT Edo na wa
haba! Bros u can lie for planet earth oh...!,!
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by cy4cent(f): 4:37am On Jul 06, 2015
sleeknick:
this is when d inspiration came... no vex bros

Bros are you Edo? i cannot say categorically of ''witchy'' but I just know about the 'juju' thing.when they say they are into juju/diabolic or stuffs like that.

I served in Ekiti, when I introduced myself as Bini, what I heard was hmmmmm, una get juju ehn !!

First time I heard it I was shocked, cos we tend to respect Yoruba that they are the baba's in that field.

Further interaction n relation with people ,showed that it was really a grounded idea there.

Now civilization n Christianity has actually changed a lot of that. people still think like that cos of past stories.

there is no where that is completely free from such vices though.
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 4:46am On Jul 06, 2015
cy4cent:

Bros are you Edo? i cannot say categorically of ''witchy'' but I just know about the 'juju' thing.when they say they are into juju/diabolic or stuffs like that.

I served in Ekiti, when I introduced myself as Bini, what I heard was hmmmmm, una get juju ehn !!

First time I heard it I was shocked, cos we tend to respect Yoruba that they are the baba's in that field.

Further interaction n relation with people ,showed that it was really a grounded idea there.

Now civilization n Christianity has actually changed a lot of that. people still think like that cos of past stories.

there is no where that is completely free from such vices though.
this is exactly my point. and by "past stories", what do you mean? pls tell us one factual story you know about from the past. and yes i am Edo
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by cy4cent(f): 4:55am On Jul 06, 2015
sleeknick:

this is exactly my point. and by "past stories", what do you mean? pls tell us one factual story you know about from the past. and yes i am Edo

what do you want to do with such stories or info? write a book?

Ejo , ema binu , I don't know any stories from the past. Google their history maybe you will see what you looking for. All tribes n states have their vices n stories. I don't know why you are so eager to bring Edo for the public to feed on. it's no big deal though

BTW, did the witches visit you this night? you sound like someone who really wants to corroborate your experience. keep checking you may see what you are looking for!!
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 5:26am On Jul 06, 2015
cy4cent:

what do you want to do with such stories or info? write a book?

Ejo , ema binu , I don't know any stories from the past. Google their history maybe you will see what you looking for. All tribes n states have their vices n stories. I don't know why you are so eager to bring Edo for the public to feed on. it's no big deal though

BTW, did the witches visit you this night? you sound like someone who really wants to corroborate your experience. keep checking you may see what you are looking for!!
lol. this is a serious mata o
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by papoose999(m): 6:40am On Jul 06, 2015
sleeknick:

haba! Bros u can lie for planet earth oh...!,!
am serious bro go igarra pple dia go tell u if u re a visitor dia dey re sm things u must nt du
Re: Edos And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by mediclife1987(m): 7:20am On Jul 24, 2022
papoose999:
am serious bro go igarra pple dia go tell u if u re a visitor dia dey re sm things u must nt du

Bro you still geh this nairaland handle?
I dey try enter work for Igarra oh and I need information on the place.
I'm going there to work as a Medical Doctor.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition / How Bori (animism) Thrived In Hausa Land During The Pre Islamic Years / Watch The Moment Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Got Stuck In A Elevator For 30min

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.