Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara (1804 Views)

Defection: South-west APC Leaders Await Tinubu's Directive / Lawmakers Break Their Fast At Femi Gbajabiamila House / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Starships4u(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2015
According to The Punch, on Sunday the
Speaker Yakubu Dogara met a former
Minority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila to solve
the leadership tussle.
The source notes that they met in Abuja ahead of
another intervention meeting on the crisis by a
committee of three set up by the governors of the
All Progressives Congress (APC). The governors
had nominated Aminu Tambuwal to chair the
small committee.

The Punch discloses that at the earlier meeting
between Dogara and Gbajabiamila, the speaker
had offered Gbajabiamila the chairmanship of the
Ad Hoc Committee on Constitution Review.
However, it states that Dogara was willing to give
the position to Gbajabiamila in exchange for the
position of House Majority Leader.
An anonymous National Assembly official said:
“The Speaker made the offer because he was still
insisting that it would be unfair to other zones for
the South-West to produce both the deputy
speaker and the majority leader.The ad hoc
committee is an important committee and the
Speaker offered it in place of the majority leader
position that Gbajabiamila is seeking. But, there
was no headway because the Gbajabiamila group
turned it down and said they would stick to the
decision of the APC.The former minority leader
was said to have argued that the issue was not
about heading committees but to instill party
discipline and “sustain good governance.”

But Gbajabiamila denied the knowledge of it: “I
am not aware; you are the one telling me”.
Gbajabiamila however replied that if he got the
offer he would apply the position of the party.
“I will go with the party’s decision and the
decision of the majority of members of my
caucus,” he said.
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by kamair237(m): 7:24am On Jul 06, 2015
I no know thing for komment!!
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Jorussia(m): 7:24am On Jul 06, 2015
.let the APC house members conduct election among themselves to either ratify or reject the party's list.That committee chairman dogara is offering Gbaja,is statutory that of the deputy speaker.It will be better for lasun to resign as deputy speaker, than give Femi chairman adhoc committee on constitutional review.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2015
The way the SW faction of the APC is goin down they would soon discover oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Starships4u(m): 7:36am On Jul 06, 2015
These guys just can't manage power...

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by SuperSuave(m): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Apc members should just shut their traps up and start working. Everyday APC this, APC that angry

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by stebell(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2015
A party formed on lies and deceit cannot stand the test of time.

I pray that Femi rejects the offer and Dogora also rejects the party's directive.
The movie will indeed be interesting to follow up to season 8.

Waiting for the next episode of this APC movie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 06, 2015
stebell:

I pray that Femi rejects the offer and Dogora also rejects the party's directive.

Especially when the only thing that united it was the downfall of another. It's karma.

We're yet to see the worst...

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by bettercreature(m): 8:13am On Jul 06, 2015
stebell:

I'll not pay your internet subscription next month,you are just wasting my money you are enemy of peace
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Yellowbars and their pride, dey don't learn from history.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by Ideyontop: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2015
Honorable gbaja, honor thyself and accept defeat and work with what thy maker gives thee.

What is your federal constituency again? Is it APC federal constituency? If it isn't you should quit acting like it and start representing your people. Your party is just a platform and not a people to represent at the lower house.

Ahh ahhhh!!!

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by gbollybakare: 8:41am On Jul 06, 2015
when Dogara was asked to step down why didnt he step. now his now telling femi to obey the party directives he shunned weeks ago. that man is so selfish . femi should maintain his position and not be lured with stupid ad hoc chairman

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by lordtech(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Lol
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by MisterLongman(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
The way the SW faction of the APC is goin down they would soon discover oil.
Lmaooooo...........
They asked for change but got shortchanged.....
Just as they turned swners to vice president and deputy speaker, they intend to control the important positions. The majority is far more important than senate president holds sway than the ceremonial vice president
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by fyneguy: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Lol What an irony!

Dogara who disobeyed the Party, wants Femi to obey the Party. grin

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by adebisicutie: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yes Digara, he will obey the party just like you did undecided silly hypocrite angry
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Useless CHANGE Government.
Re: Gbajabiamila Should Obey Party’s Directive - Dogara by gsalvatore: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hah hahaha. Very funny.

As Mr. Doggy is now the confirm speaker of the house, he is now trying to rubbish Gbaja. I just don't understand why Hon. Gbaja is not seeing what is happening here. If Dogara doesnt follow the party directives, it will be stupid for Gbaja to do the same because it will now be that the two are not respecting the party directives-it's better for one then the two because many will follow suit by either hiding behind the party directives or the "people" directives.

Doggy is making Gbaja look like the Rebel now. He is offering Gbaja an olive branch and he is making a spectacle off it and Gbaja is refusing totally (falling for it) this gesture will make some people(house members) to feel/think Gbaja(SW/APC) doesn't want peace to reign.

Gbaja should understand his position here, he can still take the position and still be at war with Dogara. When the position will be given to another honourable it will be another point for the speaker.

(1) (Reply)

U.S Lifts Arms Embargo, Sells Military Equipment To Nigeria / What A Friend Told Me About Boko Haram!!! / BREAKING!!! Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Spotted In Abuja With Former VP? (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.